Ironton Out Of SEOAL?

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Seems like some think they own that town, and can dictate change.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

tigercannon71 wrote:
Zanes-Vegas wrote:Tigercannon ...

My take is this -- the original motion to get out was a knee-jerk reaction. Frankly, it struck me as being rather dubious, and perhaps a personal agenda on the part on one person.

The way you're supposed to do it is STUDY it, then make an EDUCATED decision.

Give Mr. Vass the time he needs to pull the numbers together ACROSS THE BOARD and then make a decision from that ... not on a whim.

Looks like they got the numbers and did some research and still no educated decision. This reverse decision sounds like a personal agenda to me.

First off according to Mr.Vass,He claims he knew nothing about "getting out of the league"
The schools pay him to make these decisions,shouldn't he make the call.
What personal agenda are you refering to?
The A.D. will be giving a full report at the next meeting.

Never Give Up!
Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

My ire is noy directed at Mr. Vass. I feel for him, actually. Let him do his job.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

and like,,,sand through a hour glass................................

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Army, first, leave me out of this, I'm done with all of this. Secondly, it's really none of your business what I did, or did not do in HS, it's none of your business. What would it even matter anyway? I sure can't see what it's any of your business.

As far as Coach Zornes is concerned, we all got along with him just fine. We also attended the very private celebration dinner by invitation. We did take photos for everyone. They were never released as it was a private type thing between the players and their parents.

Yeah, I'm a big supporter of Coach Lutz and Coach Burcham, what's wrong with that? both of these men have done so much for Ironton athletics. Both of these coaches have coached teams that have won state trophies.

As far as basketball photos. I had talked to Coach Lafon earlier in the year about this. The thing is though, it now seems that Ironton has an officially endorsed website and, from what I've been told, they have this year sent papers home with the kids encouraging them to go to the site and buy photos off them. So, why would we get in the way. Their photographers also do the Tribune's stuff also now. I'm sure that once we are completely off line a lot of the personal attacks on me, Bob and Jim will slow down some

As far as Bob Vaughn. I've gotten to know Bob fairly well the past few years. I have a lot of respect for him. He's a good man and he probably cares more about Ironton and the school than any other person in that town, bar none. It's a shame they didn't make him mayor, he's a good man with fine character and integrity. Amazing you'd get on here and run down a man you don't even know. What's up with that? What type of person are you anyway?

Finally, as far as what you've said about Ironton, what goes for Logan goes for your Chillicothe too! Ironton has more playoff appearances this decade (7) than Chillicothe does in it's school history which is a paltry 5. FIVE! FIVE ARMY, that's pathetic!

Army
S

Post by Army »

Zanes-Vegas wrote:Seems like some think they own that town, and can dictate change.

Sounds like it huh :?:

Sure glad Chillicothe does not operate like that. :-D

Army
S

Post by Army »

kantuckyII wrote:Army, first, leave me out of this, I'm done with all of this. Secondly, it's really none of your business what I did, or did not do in HS, it's none of your business. What would it even matter anyway? I sure can't see what it's any of your business.

As far as Coach Zornes is concerned, we all got along with him just fine. We also attended the very private celebration dinner by invitation. We did take photos for everyone. They were never released as it was a private type thing between the players and their parents.

Yeah, I'm a big supporter of Coach Lutz and Coach Burcham, what's wrong with that? both of these men have done so much for Ironton athletics. Both of these coaches have coached teams that have won state trophies.

As far as basketball photos. I had talked to Coach Lafon earlier in the year about this. The thing is though, it now seems that Ironton has an officially endorsed website and, from what I've been told, they have this year sent papers home with the kids encouraging them to go to the site and buy photos off them. So, why would we get in the way. Their photographers also do the Tribune's stuff also now. I'm sure that once we are completely off line a lot of the personal attacks on me, Bob and Jim will slow down some

As far as Bob Vaughn. I've gotten to know Bob fairly well the past few years. I have a lot of respect for him. He's a good man and he probably cares more about Ironton and the school than any other person in that town, bar none. It's a shame they didn't make him mayor, he's a good man with fine character and integrity. Amazing you'd get on here and run down a man you don't even know. What's up with that? What type of person are you anyway?

Finally, as far as what you've said about Ironton, what goes for Logan goes for your Chillicothe too! Ironton has more playoff appearances this decade (7) than Chillicothe does in it's school history which is a paltry 5. FIVE! FIVE ARMY, that's pathetic!

kantuckyII,

Hey it sounds like you all still have two FIGHTING factions at Ironton. Chillicothe does not have to prove nothing, we are happy where we are at in the SEOAL. :-D

Maybe Chillicothe has not been all great in Football, but while we have been in two leagues with Ironton, we have pretty much man-handled the Fighting Tigers in Football. Yes I know we are 14-14-4 over against you all in total games, but in the;

C.O.L. (Central Ohio League) 1963-1967 3-1-1
1963 (AT Ironton)...................Ironton 14-Chillicothe 14 Tie
1964 (AT Chillicothe)...............Chillicothe 52-Ironton 6
1965 (AT Ironton)...................Chillicothe 32-Ironton 6
1966 (AT Chillicothe)...............Chillicothe 14-Ironton 8
1967 (AT Ironton)...................Ironton 21-Chillicothe 0

Chillicothe 110-Ironton 55 :-D

SEOAL 2006-Present So far 1-1
2006 (AT Chillicothe) Chillicothe 47-Ironton 14
2007 (AT Ironton) Ironton 34-Chillicothe 9

Chillicothe 56-Ironton 48 :-D

Our CAVS have a winning record against Ironton while in LEAGUE PLAY. So what's your point :?:

Chillicothe
Series is tied at 14-14-4

Years Winner Score

1920's
1920 Chillicothe (A) 25 7
1921 Chillicothe (H) 14 13

1930's
1931 Chillicothe (A) 33 26
1932 Chillicothe (H) 6 0
1933 Tie (A) 0 0
1936 Ironton (H) 25 0
1937 Ironton (A) 7 0
1938 Tie (H) 6 6
1939 Chillicothe (H) 3 0

1940's
1945 Ironton (H) 21 6
1946 Ironton (H) 19 6
1947 Chillicothe (H) 7 6
1948 Ironton (A) 26 7
1949 Ironton (H) 26 0

1950's
1955 Ironton (A) 12 6
1956 Chillicothe (H) 26 0
1957 Chillicothe (A) 32 6
1958 Tie (H) 14 14
1959 Ironton (A) 14 8

1960's
1960 Chillicothe (H) 14 6
1961 Ironton (A) 27 8
1962 Ironton (H) 20 7

C.O.L. (Central Ohio League) :-D
1963 Ironton (H) 14 14
1964 Chillicothe (A) 52 6
1965 Chillicothe (H) 32 6
1966 Chillicothe (A) 14 8
1967 Ironton (H) 21 0

1990's
1995 Ironton (H) 12 7
1996 Chillicothe (A) 18 14

2000's
SEOAL (Southeastern Ohio Athletic League) :-D
2006 Chillicothe (A) 47 14
2007 Ironton (H) 34 9

Oh, by the way HenrySteel, I have said a prayer for Ironton to stay in the SEOAL, because we know you all can compete in this league.

ARMY :!:

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

Army wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:Army, first, leave me out of this, I'm done with all of this. Secondly, it's really none of your business what I did, or did not do in HS, it's none of your business. What would it even matter anyway? I sure can't see what it's any of your business.

kantuckyII,

Hey it sounds like you all still have two FIGHTING factions at Ironton. Chillicothe does not have to prove nothing, we are happy where we are at in the SEOAL. :-D

Maybe Chillicothe has not been all great in Football, but while we have been in two leagues with Ironton, we have pretty much man-handled the Fighting Tigers in Football. Yes I know we are 14-14-4 over against you all in total games, but in the;

Our CAVS have a winning record against Ironton while in LEAGUE PLAY. So what's your point :?:

Chillicothe

Years Winner Score

1920's

1930's
1932 Chillicothe (H) 6 0
1933 Tie (A) 0 0
1936 Ironton (H) 25 0
1937 Ironton (A) 7 0
1938 Tie (H) 6 6
1939 Chillicothe (H) 3 0

1940's
1945 Ironton (H) 21 6
1946 Ironton (H) 19 6
1947 Chillicothe (H) 7 6
1948 Ironton (A) 26 7
1949 Ironton (H) 26 0

1950's
1955 Ironton (A) 12 6
1958 Tie (H) 14 14
1959 Ironton (A) 14 8

1960's
1961 Ironton (A) 27 8
1962 Ironton (H) 20 7

1963 Ironton (H) 14 14
1967 Ironton (H) 21 0

1990's
1995 Ironton (H) 12 7

2000's
2007 Ironton (H) 34 9

Oh, by the way HenrySteel, I have said a prayer for Ironton to stay in the SEOAL, because we know you all can compete in this league.

could you please highlite, the years you won a state championship?

thank you.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

here at Warren we are as far away from the south teams as you are the north teams. We are not having problems with cash flow because we support our team (all teams).While football has not been very successful in the recent past we still support them. Our basketball teams home games are nearly sold out every game. I attended the Warren-Ironton game at Ironton (possibly the top two teams except for Chilly and Zanesville) on a Friday night and the home crowd was not very big. Warren brought easily at least one third of teh people in the empty gym. You take away the pep band and not much of an atmosphere at all.
If you are not going to support you other major sports then you will have cash flow problems no matter if you are independent or not.

Stop complaing about things and get out and support your kids. Win or Lose.

Army
S

Post by Army »

sportsfan43 wrote:
Army wrote:

kantuckyII,

Chillicothe

Years Winner Score

1920's

1930's
1932 Chillicothe (H) 6 0
1933 Tie (A) 0 0
1936 Ironton (H) 25 0
1937 Ironton (A) 7 0
1938 Tie (H) 6 6
1939 Chillicothe (H) 3 0

1940's
1945 Ironton (H) 21 6
1946 Ironton (H) 19 6
1947 Chillicothe (H) 7 6
1948 Ironton (A) 26 7
1949 Ironton (H) 26 0

1950's
1955 Ironton (A) 12 6
1958 Tie (H) 14 14
1959 Ironton (A) 14 8

1960's
1961 Ironton (A) 27 8
1962 Ironton (H) 20 7

1963 Ironton (H) 14 14
1967 Ironton (H) 21 0

1990's
1995 Ironton (H) 12 7

2000's
2007 Ironton (H) 34 9

could you please highlite, the years you won a state championship?

thank you.

We don't have to... :!:

How many SEOAL Championships do you all have since re-entering the SEOAL for a third time. :-D

This is our first time and I can tell you all of ours. Plus our fans travel and support the CAVS, no matter what. :-D

We are not wanting to leave like you all. :-D

Are you afraid of competition :?: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

um....... ok..... i've read the 1st few pages of this thread a few in the middle and the last fews pages...............
and some of you guys are right. if your team doesn't have a good fan base your not going to make $$. if you don't think your 1 dollar counts then your a fool. every dollar counts! if you go to most games and you bring your wife and your 3 kids for a night thats $5.00 for the programs. but, the most important thing your doing is showing your kids that you'll support them over the years and instilling in them a tradition of spending the time and money to be with your family at a high school game. everybody knows this.

the other thing i know is everyone in i-town thinks lutz is a god and he didn't want back into the seoal. so.... now that lutz is back in power and i-town is not ripping teams apart like most i-town fans thought they'd be doing the league. its easy for lutz to get support to get out. lutz has alot of pull. too much pull for a high school coach to have over a high school and a communite.
if money is your schools problem b/c of lack of turn out. than look at youselfs and the buddy next to you.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

Paladin wrote:Seems I've had about 5 posts deleted from this thread recently and so................................................... let me bid the boys "fond adue". Take your program & coach and get out.

Based on my deleted posts, the mod(s) favor me leaving as well.

Goodbye, "sports " !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

:D :D :D
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Paladin wrote:Seems I've had about 5 posts deleted from this thread recently and so................................................... let me bid the boys "fond adue". Take your program & coach and get out.

Based on my deleted posts, the mod(s) favor leaving as well.

Goodbye, "sports " !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- paladin, you've no idea, how many prayers you've answered tonight, god bless you. :-D

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

This has gotten to be a mess I agree but pulling out of the league will not resolve the money issue.

Part of the money issues deals with people not going to the games at home like they did in the past. I think that is directly caused by the Coaching changes good or bad over the last few years. There are a number of fans that did not attend the games because of the changes and how it all went down. I not saying one gorup was right or wrong but it is a fact of life.

The next concern will be if Ironton gets out of the league who will want to play them on a regular basis. That has been a problem for years scheduling game. Now Mr. Vass has been hit in the face with this problem and don't have connections or the expericene to fix it.

GOOD LUCK !!!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

ghostwriter wrote:Old Tom,

Yes, I am aware of the problem of Saturday Night games....If you don't believe me....Ask him yourself....Coaches and Kids do not need a 6 day sport week....The Kids deserve a weekend to relax....

I agree with you but give them a Monday after a Saturday game. Better yet don't have them come in for films on Sunday night. I have never thought this was a good idea Sunday is for time with your family.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I SAY WE QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT TILL WE FIND OUT MORE , ABOUT WHAT'S ACTUALLY GOING ON. AND WHAT THE NEW MEMBERS, AND THE ADMINISTRATION, AD, AND THE COACH'S EXPLAIN HOW THEY FEEL.

FOR THE RECORD I'M ALL FOR THE LEAGUE. WHETHER WE STAY OR NOT, I HAVE NO VOTE.

BUT , IF THEY DO LEAVE , THERE ARE PLENTY OF BIG SCHOOLS IN THIS GEOGRAPHICAL AREA, THAT COULD FORM, ONE OF THE STRONGEST LEAGUES IN THE STATE. BUT IT WOULD TAKE SOME MAJOR REALIGNING OF LEAGUES TO DO SO. I JUST DON'T WANT TORE DOWN, WHAT WE ARE BUILDING BACK. AND WE ARE ON THE CUSP, OF LONG AND STABLE FOOTBALL SUCCESS, FOR MANY YEARS TO COME. I'M SIMPLY NOT THAT KNOWLEDGEABLE ENOUGH OF THE OTHER SPORTS TO COMMENT ON THEM. :-D

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

OSU 77 wrote:
The next concern will be if Ironton gets out of the league who will want to play them on a regular basis. That has been a problem for years scheduling game. Now Mr. Vass has been hit in the face with this problem and don't have connections or the expericene to fix it.

GOOD LUCK !!!

I think Mr Vass knows people with the experience and connections,,,,I dont see that as a problem........

Army
S

Post by Army »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I SAY WE QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT TILL WE FIND OUT MORE , ABOUT WHAT'S ACTUALLY GOING ON. AND WHAT THE NEW MEMBERS, AND THE ADMINISTRATION, AD, AND THE COACH'S EXPLAIN HOW THEY FEEL.

BUT , IF THEY DO LEAVE , THERE ARE PLENTY OF BIG SCHOOLS IN THIS GEOGRAPHICAL AREA, THAT COULD FORM, ONE OF THE STRONGEST LEAGUES IN THE STATE. BUT IT WOULD TAKE SOME MAJOR REALIGNING OF LEAGUES TO DO SO. I JUST DON'T WANT TORE DOWN, WHAT WE ARE BUILDING BACK. AND WE ARE ON THE CUSP, OF LONG AND STABLE FOOTBALL SUCCESS, FOR MANY YEARS TO COME. I'M SIMPLY NOT THAT KNOWLEDGEABLE ENOUGH OF THE OTHER SPORTS TO COMMENT ON THEM. :-D

You're Tiger Bait,

I would love to see us keep the SEOAL South Teams in tact, i.e., Chillicothe, Jackson, Gallipolis, Ironton and Portsmouth; then add a Wheelersburg, Portsmouth West and Waverly from the SOC II to that EQUATION and you have a true blue SE-Ohio Powerhouse League. :-D

What say you all :?:

ARMY :-D

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Army wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:I SAY WE QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT TILL WE FIND OUT MORE , ABOUT WHAT'S ACTUALLY GOING ON. AND WHAT THE NEW MEMBERS, AND THE ADMINISTRATION, AD, AND THE COACH'S EXPLAIN HOW THEY FEEL.

You're Tiger Bait,

I would love to see us keep the SEOAL South Teams in tact, i.e., Chillicothe, Jackson, Gallipolis, Ironton and Portsmouth; then add a Wheelersburg, Portsmouth West and Waverly from the SOC II to that EQUATION and you have a true blue SE-Ohio Powerhouse League. :-D

What say you all :?:

ARMY :-D

I agree but West or Wheelersburg will not leave the league they are in now. The travel for them is very good.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I AGREE WITH YOU OSU77. THEY ARE IN A LEAGUE THAT IS MADE FOR TRAVEL, AND EQUAL SIZE OPPONENTS. THEN THROW IN SOME TOUGH NON-CONFERENCE GAMES YOU ARE IN A PERFECT SETTING, IN A COMPETITIVE LEAGUE. I WISH IRONTON'S SITUATION WAS SIMILIAR TO THAT LEAGUE, TRAVEL WISE. BUT YOU WELL KNOW WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO TRAVEL TO GET THE KIND OF GAMES WE NEED. ;-)

Return to “Football”