Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

vladimir
S

Re: Week 6: SOCII Burg @ Minford

Post by vladimir »

vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:33 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:17 pm
vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:11 pm
Correct 14-0, and Greenup took the ball right down the field and scored making it 14-7. Was that GC's first possession? I know burg onside kicked after the opening score. Bottom line: Both teams won with ease (3-TDs or more), so I don't really give much weight to "A common opponent comparison."
That’s not what you said. You said GC had their chance to hang right with the burg but couldn’t hold on to the ball in the red zone.
Come on man....
The one I'm talking about is the pass that was completed to the Burg 14-yard line thrown from Burg's 25 at the beginning of the 2-quarter. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the Red Zone.
Sparrow: Burg also picked the ball off around their own 10-yard line, and return it to the 15. That happened mid-way through the second quarter. That's 2-turnovers by GC in the Redzone in the 1st half.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Minford is a good team but they don’t need film study or like opponents or cheating refs to prove they are better. They just have to go out and prove it. Burg needs to consistently move the ball and score points or Minford will easily win the game.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:58 pm
That’s not what you said. You said GC had their chance to hang right with the burg but couldn’t hold on to the ball in the red zone.
Come on man....
The one I'm talking about is the pass that was completed to the Burg 14-yard line thrown from Burg's 25 at the beginning of the 2-quarter. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the Red Zone.
Sparrow: Burg also picked the ball off around their own 10-yard line, and return it to the 15. That happened mid-way through the second quarter. That's 2-turnovers by GC in the Redzone in the 1st half.
I’m sorry but Greenup was not good, at anything, except the QB has a nice arm. That’s it. That’s not an impressive win by either team.
Last edited by wobycat on Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Come on man....
There were two picks in that game. #10 pick one off in the first quarter, and it was on the 38. #20 picked one on a curl at the 32. Both times GC line of scrimmage was 40+
Fumble happened on the 14-16, not sure exactly, and that was after a catch and the LOS was outside the 25

So neither was red zone.
My point is, that game was never in peril. Burg won that going away. GC was not in that game like you said

#GoBurg

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^I agree 100% Woby, and that's why I said, I don't give much weight to the common opponent comparison b/c both teams were in control the whole game.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:49 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:14 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:43 pm

After 5 games you see all this? I agree they have issues but I’ll evaluate after season is over. That opening schedule was brutal.
How many games do you require before you decide to apply critical thinking instead of emotions? It is the half way point. If you cannot make an up to the moment assesment of what you see PRESENTLY after 5 games, why are you here? You would be better served writing about your feelings for Hallmark.
Not with that schedule. Sorry. They’ve played one division 5 team. Four division 3 teams three of those d3 teams being exceptional. I’ll wait until tomorrow. If they struggle against minford, I’ll definitely agree but not until then.
I think the early schedule is more indicative of how they would measure up against the stronger D5 teams. As of now I haven't seen anything that gives me the feeling they can play with those caliber teams. And the one D5 team they played is STILL more sound. We are at the halfway mark and I am not convinced that Wheelersburg is getting substantively better. I think they are what they are. But thats my opinion. Lets see how it plays out tomorrow. Fair enough.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

greygoose wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:57 pm
vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:52 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:48 pm

Respectfully disagree on Wilmington’s defense being better than Jackson . Coming in to the Burg game Jackson had allowed 106 yards on 100 carries with no rushing touchdowns . Burg scored 1 rushing touchdown on Jackson but had to fight and claw to squeeze Mathews in . Jackson defense is very unnderated especially against the run. So not buying that Wilmington is that level . Sorry
Jackson and Wilmington have some common opponents coming up, so you'll get a better idea of them then. Have any of you seen them play first hand?
1 common opponent for BURG and MINFORD..GC. Minford came back to win it 45-27 and burg won it easily 38-7....just saying only common opponent right ;)
Came back? At most they were losing by 5 at one time in the first minute of the 2nd quarter lol that’s it they controlled that game and we’re winning 99% of the game.
Last edited by BondRoad Bandit on Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:15 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:49 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:14 pm

How many games do you require before you decide to apply critical thinking instead of emotions? It is the half way point. If you cannot make an up to the moment assesment of what you see PRESENTLY after 5 games, why are you here? You would be better served writing about your feelings for Hallmark.
Not with that schedule. Sorry. They’ve played one division 5 team. Four division 3 teams three of those d3 teams being exceptional. I’ll wait until tomorrow. If they struggle against minford, I’ll definitely agree but not until then.
I think the early schedule is more indicative of how they would measure up against the stronger D5 teams. As of now I haven't seen anything that gives me the feeling they can play with those caliber teams. And the one D5 team they played is STILL more sound. We are at the halfway mark and I am not convinced that Wheelersburg is getting substantively better. I think they are what they are. But thats my opinion. Lets see how it plays out tomorrow. Fair enough.
Again you may be right. But definitely a more indication tomorrow I would think.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:17 pm
vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:52 pm

Jackson and Wilmington have some common opponents coming up, so you'll get a better idea of them then. Have any of you seen them play first hand?
1 common opponent for BURG and MINFORD..GC. Minford came back to win it 45-27 and burg won it easily 38-7....just saying only common opponent right ;)
Came back? At most they were losing by one at one time that’s it they controlled that game and we’re winning 99% of the game.
Minford was up 31-27 going into the 4th. Burg "running clock" against GC

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:12 pm ^I agree 100% Woby, and that's why I said, I don't give much weight to the common opponent comparison b/c both teams were in control the whole game.
That’s why greenup scores on a 4 yard run to go up 14-9. That game went back and forth for a while

“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:19 pm

Came back? At most they were losing by one at one time that’s it they controlled that game and we’re winning 99% of the game.
That’s because I don’t think Minford d is that strong. Their offense stirs their cup. That’s why I keep harping on burg controlling the time with sustained drives. Can’t give Minford a lot of chances with the ball.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:10 pm

There were two picks in that game. #10 pick one off in the first quarter, and it was on the 38. #20 picked one on a curl at the 32. Both times GC line of scrimmage was 40+
Fumble happened on the 14-16, not sure exactly, and that was after a catch and the LOS was outside the 25

So neither was red zone.
My point is, that game was never in peril. Burg won that going away. GC was not in that game like you said

#GoBurg
You're wong man. The plays are: #44 and #59 from the hudl.com. Play #44 the ball is snapped from the Pirate 24, caught at the 15, the receiver breaks a tackle and then is hit and fumbles on the burg 14. This was at the beginning of the 2nd quarter.

Play #59 Burg punted to the GC to the GC 15-yd line, GC dives to the Pirate 27-yard line, and it's INTed on the Pirate 14. This was at the mid-way point of the 2nd quarter.

I didn't say the game was ever in peril. I said GC had their changes to hang with burg in the first half, but couldn't hang on to the ball.
Last edited by vladimir on Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

These 2 teams do play tomorrow. That’s something we can all agree on.

Look forward to seeing some of you there!!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:22 pm

So neither was red zone.

#GoBurg
You're wong man. The plays are: #44 and #59 from the hudl.com. Play #44 the ball is snapped from the Pirate 24, caught at the 15, the receiver breaks a tackle and then is hit and fumbles on the burg 14. This was at the beginning of the 2nd quarter.

Play #59 Burg punted to the GC to the GC 15-yd line, GC dives to the Pirate 27-yard line, and it's INTed on the Pirate 14. This was at the mid-way point of the 2nd quarter.

I didn't say the game was ever in peril. I said GC had their changes to hang with burg in the first half, but couldn't hang on to the ball.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:21 pm

That’s because I don’t think Minford d is that strong. Their offense stirs their cup. That’s why I keep harping on burg controlling the time with sustained drives. Can’t give Minford a lot of chances with the ball.
I completely agree and what we'll find out is the offense stagnant because of the competition they've played, I mean let's be honest burg has played arguably the toughest schedule of anyone around. I think once you start playing that sort of competition and you step down, as burg is getting ready to do a lot of times teams are more prepared just because of how tough it has been. I mean outside of GC and Ashland which surprised a lot of ppl Burg has had games against some of the toughest defenses around, if they would've substituted Trimble for GC that would've completed it all.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:20 pm
vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:12 pm ^I agree 100% Woby, and that's why I said, I don't give much weight to the common opponent comparison b/c both teams were in control the whole game.
That’s why greenup scores on a 4 yard run to go up 14-9. That game went back and forth for a while
And, at what point in the contest was this? It was pretty early on. Minford never trailed after that.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

So neither was red zone.

#GoBurg

So you just proved my point. Not red zone. Re read your post.
You have daddy googles on my friend.
Good luck tomorrow and in the future

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

True but Greenup best lineman tore his ACL that game and their starting running back got hurt. And Minford gave up one touchdown in the second half and took over the game.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:27 pm

So neither was red zone.

#GoBurg

So you just proved my point. Not red zone. Re read your post.
You have daddy googles on my friend.
Good luck tomorrow and in the future
The ball was caught and the receiver had possession, made progressive steps and then was hit and fumbled at the Pirate 14-yd line. GC had possession in the Red Zone, if only for a second, it's still possession. What the hell are you talking about?!?!? The other INT that was thrown from the 27-yard line,(Not the 40=yd line, as you said both were) it was INTed also at the Pirate 14.

I'll give it to ya on the second one, b/c the GC never possessed the ball inside the 20, but the first one that was caught and fumbled. Therefor GC most certainly had possession and tuned it over in the redzone.

You have beer goggles on?
Last edited by vladimir on Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

All this common opponent talk has absolutely zero to do with the game tomorrow how about we just let the boys play and enjoy a good high school football game tomorrow night. And stop acting like it’s ww3 on this forum.

Return to “Football”