Week 12: WOOD BURG

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Re: Week 12: WOOD BURG

Post by Tripaces »

First I wanna say unless wheelersburg is playing Ironton I want them to win next just a observation seems like to the majority not all of wheelersburg fans seem to think they never get beat it’s either they got cheated , didn’t play well , someone was hurt always a excuse never the other team was just better , you guys played minford twice and both games combined was decided by 5 points and a overtime was needed in one , but nothing about minford being good actually as good as wheelersburg it’s we came out flat bc of this or that , well you might need to come to terms with minford is just as good as you 5 points in two games is something to be respected for not downplayed and lastly I’ve heard from some wheelersburg fans screaming we want Ironton again no you don’t Ironton is a lot better than wheelersburg this year so be careful what you ask you bc you might just get it

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Would like to see Burg win, but I honestly think they get routed. Burg is way to one dimensional on offense and their defense is really shaky at times.

I think Ridgewood not only wins this game but might knock off Ironton to win the region.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:03 am Would like to see Burg win, but I honestly think they get routed. Burg is way to one dimensional on offense and their defense is really shaky at times.

I think Ridgewood not only wins this game but might knock off Ironton to win the region.
They are very one dimensional. QB can throw, idk why they don't let him more. But they do have a solid run game that wears on teams as the game progresses.

For Burg to win this game they are going to have to force RW to punt 4 to 6 times and they MUST sustain drives to give the defense a chance. When 3 and outs start building up, the defense suffers. They do need to open up the playbook more and take some shots to try and swing the MO in their direction. These are all things that can happen. That's why I never count Burg out. They are playing with house money and have taken their lumps and pulled out a few close games. I think they come out and play some inspired football. This one will be close.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Tripaces wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:00 am First I wanna say unless wheelersburg is playing Ironton I want them to win next just a observation seems like to the majority not all of wheelersburg fans seem to think they never get beat it’s either they got cheated , didn’t play well , someone was hurt always a excuse never the other team was just better , you guys played minford twice and both games combined was decided by 5 points and a overtime was needed in one , but nothing about minford being good actually as good as wheelersburg it’s we came out flat bc of this or that , well you might need to come to terms with minford is just as good as you 5 points in two games is something to be respected for not downplayed and lastly I’ve heard from some wheelersburg fans screaming we want Ironton again no you don’t Ironton is a lot better than wheelersburg this year so be careful what you ask you bc you might just get it
My thoughts exactly, great post. And reading how much better the Burg is now and Ironton does not want to play them again or should fear them
is hilarious. Believe me Ironton isn't the same team you played week 1, either. I am hoping we both win Saturday so we can settle this on the field. Good luck to both teams Saturday.
Go Tigers!

Knowitall222
Waterboy

Post by Knowitall222 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:43 am
Amicis_Addict wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:37 am
Abe Froman wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:03 am Burg surprises Ridgewood, just one of those feelings. Didn't play great at Minford which I think is directly related to one of those things where you are supposed to win, playing someone you just played 5 weeks earlier, not a lot of focus, typical motivation issues you see with HS kids. Thought there was some flatness maybe early on. Different situation, backed into corner as a bit of an underdog, kids will own that and respond differently. I honestly really like our chances.
I don’t know how you don’t get motivated for a team you beat by 1 point in OT and playing at home week 11. I’m sure Minford gave them their best shot for redemption but I don’t know how you come out flat in that situation. If you come out flat at HOME in the playoffs against a team you played earlier in the year that honestly thought they had a chance to beat you I would check their pulses. Not bashing just seems odd to me. But there is more fuel for the fire when you’re the underdog
Honestly, I think they were flat because they didn't have school Thursday and Friday. The volleyball team went to the final four, so they took it off. But I actually give credit to minford, they played more inspired than what I thought they would have.

Roflmao you all never run out of excuses but this is a first darn that volleyball team!!!

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Knowitall222 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:08 am

I don’t know how you don’t get motivated for a team you beat by 1 point in OT and playing at home week 11. I’m sure Minford gave them their best shot for redemption but I don’t know how you come out flat in that situation. If you come out flat at HOME in the playoffs against a team you played earlier in the year that honestly thought they had a chance to beat you I would check their pulses. Not bashing just seems odd to me. But there is more fuel for the fire when you’re the underdog
Honestly, I think they were flat because they didn't have school Thursday and Friday. The volleyball team went to the final four, so they took it off. But I actually give credit to minford, they played more inspired than what I thought they would have.

Roflmao you all never run out of excuses but this is a first darn that volleyball team!!!
LMAO! True dat, knowitall.
Last edited by frankie on Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:14 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:03 am Would like to see Burg win, but I honestly think they get routed. Burg is way to one dimensional on offense and their defense is really shaky at times.

They are very one dimensional. QB can throw, idk why they don't let him more. But they do have a solid run game that wears on teams as the game progresses.

For Burg to win this game they are going to have to force RW to punt 4 to 6 times and they MUST sustain drives to give the defense a chance. When 3 and outs start building up, the defense suffers. They do need to open up the playbook more and take some shots to try and swing the MO in their direction. These are all things that can happen. That's why I never count Burg out. They are playing with house money and have taken their lumps and pulled out a few close games. I think they come out and play some inspired football. This one will be close.
Totally agree.

14U
S

Re: WK12: Wheelersburg v Ridgewood

Post by 14U »

Knowitall222 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:35 pm
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:13 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:47 pm

Lol was there just 2 teams from Scioto county? And you are playing the team that beat the other Scioto county team.

Not the point. Doesn't matter how many got in. It just that as usually the case, Wheelersburg is the last team from Scioto county playing football every year.

Well ,when you have all stars from all the other country schools it's no surprise. But even with that they don't go very far before playing a mediocre team from the north and getting hammered
Name a couple on the team that doesn’t live in the school district. Put number name name, however ur comfortable. I’m interested in how many too!! I hear people say it all the time
Last edited by 14U on Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:20 am

Not the point. Doesn't matter how many got in. It just that as usually the case, Wheelersburg is the last team from Scioto county playing football every year.

Well ,when you have all stars from all the other country schools it's no surprise. But even with that they don't go very far before playing a mediocre team from the north and getting hammered
Oh wow, now the Burg is getting players from other countries. First time I've heard that one. Sore losers making excuses, the SEOPS same ol same ol.
Ok you take South Webster away(no football) and who or how many kids are from other schools? People talk this but I know a few burg fans and they say kids show up in elementary and junior high but never in high school. Also the student that come that young their family is trying to find house and move in the burg.
Last edited by 14U on Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:20 am

Oh wow, now the Burg is getting players from other countries. First time I've heard that one. Sore losers making excuses, the SEOPS same ol same ol.
Ok you take South Webster away(no football) and who or how many kids are from other schools? People talk this but I know a few burg fans and they say kids show up in elementary and junior high but never in high school. Also the student that come that young their family is trying to find house and move in the burg.
Last edited by 14U on Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

frankie wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:05 am
Tripaces wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:00 am First I wanna say unless wheelersburg is playing Ironton I want them to win next just a observation seems like to the majority not all of wheelersburg fans seem to think they never get beat it’s either they got cheated , didn’t play well , someone was hurt always a excuse never the other team was just better , you guys played minford twice and both games combined was decided by 5 points and a overtime was needed in one , but nothing about minford being good actually as good as wheelersburg it’s we came out flat bc of this or that , well you might need to come to terms with minford is just as good as you 5 points in two games is something to be respected for not downplayed and lastly I’ve heard from some wheelersburg fans screaming we want Ironton again no you don’t Ironton is a lot better than wheelersburg this year so be careful what you ask you bc you might just get it
My thoughts exactly, great post. And reading how much better the Burg is now and Ironton does not want to play them again or should fear them
is hilarious. Believe me Ironton isn't the same team you played week 1, either. I am hoping we both win Saturday so we can settle this on the field. Good luck to both teams Saturday.
Go Tigers!
I wish other teams in the SOC would pick up a game with Ironton, just one a year. I always see the fans and people around program say how they could do this and that but that talk started after lutz was done! Ironton was Ironton but now they found their man that’s bringing Ironton back and I believe others close by should pick them up.also raceland, Russell, Boyd co.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

What are you guys talking about? They won the game, but they looked flat. Minford is a good team by the way. Also while your ROFLMAO ING, check out coach woodwards winning percentage, 84% he's walking out with a win. In the world of betting, that's almost a sure thing.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

frankie wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:10 am

LOL IRONTON winning with four starting new transfers in and a D1 Ohio STATe commit. Let's see how they do when they actually have to coach and develop kids. :lol: :roll:

RaceEagle
Waterboy

Post by RaceEagle »

What are you guys talking about? They won the game, but they looked flat. Minford is a good team by the way. Also while your ROFLMAO ING, check out coach woodwards winning percentage, 84% he's walking out with a win. In the world of betting, that's almost a sure thing.
[/quote]

Coach Woodward career at Wheelersburg: 124-25 (83.2%)
Coach Slusser career at Ridgewood: 134-33 (80.2%)

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wobycat wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:49 am

They are clueless woby!!!!

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

I am lmao at the fans excuses not the coaches record woby. LOL. They throw em out there.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

There a good ball team. I was highly impressed. That quarterback can straight sling a ball

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

frankie wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:10 am I am lmao at the fans excuses not the coaches record woby. LOL. They throw em out there.
What fan doesn't do that? Especially if they feel they should win.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Fans of teams try to point to reasons why their team won/lost and try to make sense of those reasons, while others refer to those reasons as excuses. Just the way it is.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

laser breath wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:53 am
frankie wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:10 am

LOL IRONTON winning with four starting new transfers in and a D1 Ohio STATe commit. Let's see how they do when they actually have to coach and develop kids. :lol: :roll:
Word on the streets I been hearing is Ironton got a player from Cincinnati and played at Moeller, any truth to this? Or just people marking this up just because Ironton is good this year! I had people asking me. I said I don’t know and no talk on here about it.

Return to “Football”