Jackson 35 - 15 Wheelersburg

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Jackson 35 - 15 Wheelersburg

Post by VetteMan »

I don't even know the kids name, but I would like to give a shout out to the kid that played middle guard for the Ironmen. He probably doesn't weigh over 160-165 lbs soaking wet, probably giving up at least 50-60 lbs. He seemed to me as if he is one of the first men down the field on every kickoff, and if I'm not mistaken he's the one that made the tackle on the opening kickoff and caused the fumble. Size doesn't always matter in this game, and this kid is a perfect example.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:10 pm Both are good teams. Burg just has a tough schedule
I’m not so sure the burg is a good team
Jackson’s a much better team than ashland
Ashland and ironton are not much better than average teams

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:19 pm I don't even know the kids name, but I would like to give a shout out to the kid that played middle guard for the Ironmen. He probably doesn't weigh over 160-165 lbs soaking wet, probably giving up at least 50-60 lbs. He seemed to me as if he is one of the first men down the field on every kickoff, and if I'm not mistaken he's the one that made the tackle on the opening kickoff and caused the fumble. Size doesn't always matter in this game, and this kid is a perfect example.
Joey Richison , well yesterday was his 18th birthday so he now wants to be known as Joseph Richison. He a very good Jackson wrestler who sat out last year but came back out his senior year . He’s a spark plug on the defense line . He goes 100 every snap all game long . Sells out of special teams also.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

fbnut wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:20 pm I’m not so sure the burg is a good team
Jackson’s a much better team than ashland
Ashland and ironton are not much better than average teams
It’s D5. No world beaters. They will be fine

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:19 pm I don't even know the kids name, but I would like to give a shout out to the kid that played middle guard for the Ironmen. He probably doesn't weigh over 160-165 lbs soaking wet, probably giving up at least 50-60 lbs. He seemed to me as if he is one of the first men down the field on every kickoff, and if I'm not mistaken he's the one that made the tackle on the opening kickoff and caused the fumble. Size doesn't always matter in this game, and this kid is a perfect example.
Joseph Richison at 5’4 160 is the ultimate Ironman

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:16 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:40 pm Jackson is a lot like Ashland. Ashland might be a little quicker. If burg was going to win this, they’d had to play mistake free. Three turnovers that led to points. The last one we won’t count with jv qb but the first two hurt. Take away 14 points and you have a ball game. Jackson is a solid team. Played well.
Jackson had 3 drives stopped only by the referees . They must clean that up. Jackson can’t keep taking points off the board. Curious how many rushing yards burg had. Going into the game Jackson had given up 106 yards on 100 carries .
Jackson held a lot in that game. Those were legitimate calls and could’ve been more. I’m not taking anything way from their win because Jackson knows how to hold and get away with it. Good teams do that well. Burg just isn’t strong enough to get out of those tough blocks defensively this year. According to daily times. Jackson had 330ish yards to burgs 260 ish.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:58 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:40 pm Jackson is a lot like Ashland. Ashland might be a little quicker. If burg was going to win this, they’d had to play mistake free. Three turnovers that led to points. The last one we won’t count with jv qb but the first two hurt. Take away 14 points and you have a ball game. Jackson is a solid team. Played well.
Jackson had 3 drives stopped only by the referees . They must clean that up. Jackson can’t keep taking points off the board. Curious how many rushing yards burg had. Going into the game Jackson had given up 106 yards on 100 carries .
Jackson held a lot in that game. Those were legitimate calls and could’ve been more. I’m not taking anything way from their win because Jackson knows how to hold and get away with it. Good teams do that well. Burg just isn’t strong enough to get out of those tough blocks defensively this year. According to daily times. Jackson had 330ish yards to burgs 260 ish.
330 and another 80 called back on or penalties. Could call holding on every play on each team . Oh well. Move on to greenfield

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Well if you're not taking anything away from there win, then you are sure fooling a lot of people. As I've stated before, I'm not really a fan of either school, but I like to watch good high school football, and that's why I enjoy watching both teams. I have relatives that live in Wheelersburg ( who I might add are huge Burg fans ) but I live closer to Jackson and sometimes are able to watch them more often. I would hope that we don't even get into that old saying that holding can be called every play if the refs choose to do so. Plain and simple, Jackson played better last night and deserved to win the game. I might even add that I got a call very late last night, said that they think that the Stadium is one of the best they have been in, and also that Jackson is just a better team this year.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Congrats to Jackson, Coach Hall is one of best sideline Coach’s in Southern Ohio and really should get more credit for his record at Jackson. good luck getting to playoffs Jackson. Jackson fans are a class act and the best stadium around and the band is the best also. There fan base is class act also and admired them for a long time.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:30 pm

Well if you're not taking anything away from there win, then you are sure fooling a lot of people. As I've stated before, I'm not really a fan of either school, but I like to watch good high school football, and that's why I enjoy watching both teams. I have relatives that live in Wheelersburg ( who I might add are huge Burg fans ) but I live closer to Jackson and sometimes are able to watch them more often. I would hope that we don't even get into that old saying that holding can be called every play if the refs choose to do so. Plain and simple, Jackson played better last night and deserved to win the game. I might even add that I got a call very late last night, said that they think that the Stadium is o ne of the best they have been in, and also that Jackson is just a better team this year.
Definitely not taking away from their win. I took it as a slight dig that only the refs had a say in them being stopped, when the penalties that were called were legitimate and there could’ve been more, but like I said they were more physical and generally the more physical team gets the benefit of the non holding call.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:42 am
The Regulator wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:22 am
tiger85 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:53 am Man,,pump the brakes Regulator..Jackson has something special this year. Evidenced by last nights performance. The Ironmen played great in all three phases of the game. The O-line has matured a mile from the first outing. Burg is young and building,,,cant' win the State every year but even great programs like Burg has building years...this is one of them. All the best the rest of the year.
19 seniors isn't young and rebuilding. The entire line except for Richardson are seniors with no underclassmen seeing much action on the line until the last few minutes of the game isn't rebuilding. This one of the biggest senior classes they have had for a while.
They are young. Considering who plays. Their line is mostly seniors though
Burgs best athletes are the younger ones starting in my opinion. I heard for a few years back that the junior and Senior classes didn’t have much in dominant athletes accept Mathews. So to say they’re young, yes! Burg needs to forget the first 5 games and go back to the drawing board and win the second half of their season. Everybody could look back and say they could be 5-0 with anybody else’s schedule in the area playing D-V teams but just look at what the first 5 teams have done as far as their record 20-6, that’s 4 D-III and Ironton. Burg should be ok going forward but won’t be easy as they have a 5-0 team coming up next and two 4-1 teams but if they can over come that they will be in good shape when the last computer rankings come out.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

14U wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:16 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:42 am
The Regulator wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:22 am

19 seniors isn't young and rebuilding. The entire line except for Richardson are seniors with no underclassmen seeing much action on the line until the last few minutes of the game isn't rebuilding. This one of the biggest senior classes they have had for a while.
They are young. Considering who plays. Their line is mostly seniors though
Burgs best athletes are the younger ones starting in my opinion. I heard for a few years back that the junior and Senior classes didn’t have much in dominant athletes accept Mathews. So to say they’re young, yes! Burg needs to forget the first 5 games and go back to the drawing board and win the second half of their season. Everybody could look back and say they could be 5-0 with anybody else’s schedule in the area playing D-V teams but just look at what the first 5 teams have done as far as their record 20-6, that’s 4 D-III and Ironton. Burg should be ok going forward but won’t be easy as they have a 5-0 team coming up next and two 4-1 teams but if they can over come that they will be in good shape when the last computer rankings come out.
I agree with that assessment. I’ll say this, if last years team played the teams this years teams have played, they would be 3-2 right now. Those were 4 good football teams.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Congrats to Jackson on the victory but IMO Burg killed themselves gave Jackson a 14 point head start on silly mistakes but that's why they play the game Jackson was the aggressor last night gotta give them credit for that. I'm not gonna say anything about the refs it is what it is. I just wish that Burg would have played like they did against Ashland then it would have been a better game. I think that Ashland and Hartley are better than Jackson but I do think that Jackson would beat Ironton if they play the way they did last night. But good luck to the Ironmen the Rest of the season. And Go Burg!

Burg grad 85
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

scott1297 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:32 pm Congrats to Jackson on the victory but IMO Burg killed themselves gave Jackson a 14 point head start on silly mistakes but that's why they play the game Jackson was the aggressor last night gotta give them credit for that. I'm not gonna say anything about the refs it is what it is. I just wish that Burg would have played like they did against Ashland then it would have been a better game. I think that Ashland and Hartley are better than Jackson but I do think that Jackson would beat Ironton if they play the way they did last night. But good luck to the Ironmen the Rest of the season. And Go Burg!
Better send a thank you card to the refs or it’s 56-8 Jackson.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:38 pm
scott1297 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:32 pm Congrats to Jackson on the victory but IMO Burg killed themselves gave Jackson a 14 point head start on silly mistakes but that's why they play the game Jackson was the aggressor last night gotta give them credit for that. I'm not gonna say anything about the refs it is what it is. I just wish that Burg would have played like they did against Ashland then it would have been a better game. I think that Ashland and Hartley are better than Jackson but I do think that Jackson would beat Ironton if they play the way they did last night. But good luck to the Ironmen the Rest of the season. And Go Burg!
Come on man. Geez. He offered an opinion. I actually disagree. I think Jackson is the best team burg has played outside of Hartley but if you think that Jackson’s penalties weren’t legit, then you watched the wrong game and they could’ve easily had more. I think you’re the one who should send the ref a card.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:28 pm
Come on man. Geez. He offered an opinion. I actually disagree. I think Jackson is the best team burg has played outside of Hartley but if you think that Jackson’s penalties weren’t legit, then you watched the wrong game and they could’ve easily had more. I think you’re the one who should send the ref a card.
I don’t throw shade until other posters throw shade . But since we’re on opinions , Athens has a better passing game and Logan is much more physical than burg .

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:50 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:28 pm

I don’t throw shade until other posters throw shade . But since we’re on opinions , Athens has a better passing game and Logan is much more physical than burg .
I’d probably agree with you. Burg needs to step up their physicality. Sometimes that comes with heart.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Poo could’ve suited up last night and played...without a helmet. He’s pumped for good reason. True true fan and he respects Burg big...:but he’s not going to take any dig or any lessening of that performance by Jackson.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:59 pm Poo could’ve suited up last night and played...without a helmet. He’s pumped for good reason. True true fan and he respects Burg big...:but he’s not going to take any dig or any lessening of that performance by Jackson.
I would probably need the inflatable helmet

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:02 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:59 pm Poo could’ve suited up last night and played...without a helmet. He’s pumped for good reason. True true fan and he respects Burg big...:but he’s not going to take any dig or any lessening of that performance by Jackson.
I would probably need the inflatable helmet
Poo, Jackson has a great team, gave us a buttwhippin'....now follow your own advice, move on to greenfield.

Return to “Football”