Wheelersburg(48) @ (3)Ironton

falcons4life
Riding the Bench

Re: WK1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton (8/26)

Post by falcons4life »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:33 am I have nothing but love for our kids playing this honorable game. same with the fans, everyone I have met are good people. we all want our team to excel. and as I age I realize how important football and sports in general to these kids. sports helps mold these kids. many from broken homes. strengths they will draw on the rest of their lives. the point is keeping them active, out of trouble and in good shape. of course sports is about wins n losses. but you get like me closer to 60 than 50. and you just pray for the young'uns safety. glad to see friends from both sides,glad to get out of the house, watch something exciting, and wish everybody a safe trip home. so good luck to all the young'uns from the team to the band, to cheerleaders.maiorettes,coaches and all the people behind the scenes that are too countless to mention. god be with you and have fun n be safe.YTB.
You, my friend, are first class all the way...very well stated and the best of luck to 2 great football teams!

falcons4life
Riding the Bench

Post by falcons4life »

Back to the game and the players...how about special teams? Any standouts from either side that may be an impact player come
Saturday night?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

falcons4life wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:39 pm Back to the game and the players...how about special teams? Any standouts from either side that may be an impact player come
Saturday night?
Ironton QB and senior RB carrico from what I saw

Burgs defense is really good. One of their best units I've seen in pre season. Of course, Holden is a natural threat. Hard to play him one on one.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

thank you falcon, you are too kind.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

falcons4life wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:53 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:33 am I have nothing but love for our kids playing this honorable game. same with the fans, everyone I have met are good people. we all want our team to excel. and as I age I realize how important football and sports in general to these kids. sports helps mold these kids. many from broken homes. strengths they will draw on the rest of their lives. the point is keeping them active, out of trouble and in good shape. of course sports is about wins n losses. but you get like me closer to 60 than 50. and you just pray for the young'uns safety. glad to see friends from both sides,glad to get out of the house, watch something exciting, and wish everybody a safe trip home. so good luck to all the young'uns from the team to the band, to cheerleaders.maiorettes,coaches and all the people behind the scenes that are too countless to mention. god be with you and have fun n be safe.YTB.
You, my friend, are first class all the way...very well stated and the best of luck to 2 great football teams!
Nice post Tiger Bait, when you play the game or when your kids played the game you take it pretty serious, as you get older or your son(s) graduate, it gets a little less competitive or personal with you. You still want your team to win, but it is more about the experience and seeing a good game and the community aspect to a Friday night under the lights for all the kids.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

exactly, glad my young'uns got through it safely. and my kids were surrounded by good people/coaches at rock hill, then at ironton from junior high on. with coach bob lutz and Merrill triplett his lone year there. and they got to compete in the seoal as we did as kids.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it's just good to be chattin football again n seein a board full of users.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good luck tomorrow Ironton.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

35 hours to kickoff...This forum topic is pretty quiet....

There were 22 pages on the 2016 Wheelersburg-Ironton game...

Oh well, good luck to my Pirates!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:36 am Good luck tomorrow Ironton.

thanks trench and to your crew as well.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Burg4 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:37 am 35 hours to kickoff...This forum topic is pretty quiet....

There were 22 pages on the 2016 Wheelersburg-Ironton game...

Oh well, good luck to my Pirates!
I know. Not much to talk about these days. Same ol same ol

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think reality set in here in Ironton. The previous years they still had high hopes going into this game. Now its like they have become numb to the beatings.

What do I know.....Ironton may show up and make a close game out of it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it is gonna get done Saturday night one way er tother.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I hope Ironton does well and rediscovers some inner pride. Go Tigers!

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

dazed&confused wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:11 pm I hope Ironton does well and rediscovers some inner pride. Go Tigers!
Blasphemy

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:31 pm
dazed&confused wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:11 pm I hope Ironton does well and rediscovers some inner pride. Go Tigers!
Blasphemy
What? Weeping and gnashing of teeth? Hardly!

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and controlled discipline.

The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Post by The pirate indian »

38-13 Wheeleraburg for the win. One win closer to evening the all-time record.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Good luck fighting tigers. May both have a great game and stay healthy. I've not read about either team. I just logged on to check score and realized it's a Saturday game. Busy summer at the mouse house!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

good luck to the ironton fighting tigers tonight.

Return to “Football”