D4, REGION 15- IRONTON VS. JOHNSTOWN

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

urban buck
Varsity

Re: D4, REGION 15- IRONTON VS. JOHNSTOWN

Post by urban buck »

Sure OAF! The US Census has Ironton's population largely the same the last 3 years. Lawrence Cty had a .2% gain in population in fact. No the population of Ironton has nothing to do with how many fans come to games, or how well the team is doing. That is an excuse. Besides, all the southern Ohio counties and schools have dropped a little in considering how many kids or specifically boys, go to each school. Try making that excuse at the Burg when they have a total population of approximately 6500 people, as opposed to Ironton's 11,000+ people. Transfers to Ironton to play for Lutz made a big impact on winning there,and he retired. Ironton had an abundance of seniors this year, more than alot of D3 and D2 and even D1 schools have! So rambling on about how the population is down, business is down...sorry, but all the sOhio schools could use that as an excuse and most of the other schools were lucky to have 8 seniors. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You sure are hilarious.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

urban buck wrote:Sure OAF! The US Census has Ironton's population largely the same the last 3 years. Lawrence Cty had a .2% gain in population in fact. No the population of Ironton has nothing to do with how many fans come to games, or how well the team is doing. That is an excuse. Besides, all the southern Ohio counties and schools have dropped a little in considering how many kids or specifically boys, go to each school. Try making that excuse at the Burg when they have a total population of approximately 6500 people, as opposed to Ironton's 11,000+ people. Transfers to Ironton to play for Lutz made a big impact on winning there. Ironton had an abundance of seniors this year, more than alot of D3 and D2 schools have. So rambling on about how the population is down, business is down...sorry, but all the sOhio schools could use that as an excuse. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You sure are hilarious.
Actually, your assumptions are what is hilarious. I'm not from Ironton and have no dog in this fight. Not making excuses in any way. I was simply curious as to the root of your comment and wished for it to be explained a little better than the vague statement you made. Please quote me where I "rambled about population, business down, et al." How laughable. Besides, doesn't Ironton always beat Burg? Lol troll much? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stay classy Urban! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Wow, you are smart.lmao No one cares where you are from. :122246

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

urban buck wrote:Wow, you are smart.lmao No one cares where you are from. :122246
How's the water in the shallow end? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

What kinda crack you smoke? OAF is perfect name for you.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

urban buck wrote:What kinda crack you smoke? OAF is perfect name for you.
Ah yes, another mouth breather with a keyboard. Lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Wow!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

urban buck wrote:Wow!
"METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

What an oaf.lol

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

dreamweaver wrote:What an oaf.lol
Yeah, I wouldn't think you'd find any humor in a joke based on a genetic algorithm lol :roll: :roll:

Durrrrrrr :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

whitwell
Waterboy

Post by whitwell »

dreamweaver wrote:
playa_44 wrote:What is the criteria for picking a head coach at Ironton? Blood relation?
That is a great question playa. I wonder the same thing. The qualifications for the job seem to be just that. No disrespect intended, but how many of Ironton's coaches are Burchams?

I am curious about this, too. Anyone care to respond to these questions?

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

whitwell wrote:
dreamweaver wrote:
playa_44 wrote:What is the criteria for picking a head coach at Ironton? Blood relation?
That is a great question playa. I wonder the same thing. The qualifications for the job seem to be just that. No disrespect intended, but how many of Ironton's coaches are Burchams?

I am curious about this, too. Anyone care to respond to these questions?
Two are Burcham's and a third is his son-in-law.

whitwell
Waterboy

Post by whitwell »

What about the head coach? Is he kin?

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

WOW! Interesting........I did not know this?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i frankly don't see how this is any different that generations of plant workers from a family carrying on a tradition.
in the days past you worked at armco,
railroad
wherever. likely your youngun would as well.
the lutz/burcham bloodline has been a staple of ironton football since 1972. with some incredible success, 3rd most playoff appearences in the state of ohio, 2 state titles, the most runner up situations in the state with 6. too many league titles, and coach of the year awards to count.players being shipped all over the country to continue to play football on saturday.the 1 year coach triplett coached ironton, he was treated terrible by the fanbase, and still had a winning season , and made the playoffs, then coach lutz returned.then went on to set the record for winningest ohio high school football coach ever. all the time with the burcham's as assistant's.then the program was turned over to mark vass, and largely the same staff, all he did was have a winning season, and make the playoffs. we played 9 games this year in the regular season 8 of those teams had winning records, 8 of the 9 made the playoffs.

we had possibly the toughest schedule ever at ironton, and that is saying something. people not familiar with ironton football need only to look at ironton's past schedules to realize, their aim is state championships, and they've been to 8 of those.

take portsmouth's situation this year. this is a program that we just recently passed for all time wins.nobody has needed to question the top quality of them as an opponent.but they have fallen on real hard times, last few years, allegations of hazing instances, losing seasons, and a town that is in an uproar over their program. now the coach is gone, and everybody wants someone from another program coming in.which is unserstandable in this situation.that is just not the situation in ironton.hundreds of football programs in the state would love to have our situation.i've said it before, the sky is not falling in tigerland.give this a chance, and see how it pans out. my guess is we'll have many more years of excellent fighting tiger football.and are still way more than most local teams want to put on their schedule.if this staff proves to be ineffective in years to come, then it is something that needs addressed.but honestly, i don't see that happening. we have an amazing facility, brand new school's, a turf fund underway,new scoreboard, a great band and fan base.i look for more of the same with the fighting tigers.

i am kinda concerned about the fan attendance, and their travel to away games , as this has severely dropped.but i think this can be more connected to the gas prices and economy. not the fact there are burcham's on the coaching staff.i think they did an admirable job again, sure i saw things that needed changed, mostly blocking and tackling. but this staff didn't forget how to teach this all of a sudden,you can only teach so much. it's up to the younguns to execute what they are taught.i'm looking forward to an exciting 2013 year of fighting tiger football in fighting tiger nation. YTB.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

The head coach is a nephew, then two coaches are sons, and one is married to his daughter so 4 coaches are related to Mr. Burcham. Yes, it is relevant. Nepotism at it's finest folks. Tells me alot.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and your point is ???

not trying to argue, but if the kids are being treated well, learning life lessons and winning football games i don't get the attraction to try to tear it down.

YOU DON'T FIND EAGLES IN CHICKEN COOPS.
THEY RISE ABOVE IT
THEY ARE STILL MAKING PLAYOFFS AND WINNING GAMES.
THAT IS WHAT I'M SURE A CONTRACT ASKS OF A COACH, AND HIS STAFF.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Bait, you are killin me.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IT'S WHAT I DO.

ghostzapper
JV Team

Post by ghostzapper »

What is the problem with the Burchams dreamweaver and playa44?....is there something wrong or a previous problem with them?...please explain

Return to “Football”