November 3, 2023 Wheelersburg 34 - 0 Portsmouth

Tri_State790
Varsity

Re: Trojans vs the Burg

Post by Tri_State790 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:54 pm
Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:50 pm
Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:42 pm

Wow we have more residents with a graduate degree than Burg Ironton or portsmouth have with an associate degree. Lol. - This is why burg fans need to stop acting so righteous on here. Nothing special about your community. You're not superior to Ironton or Portsmouth. You're all the same mostly. It looks corny, classist, and bigoted when you do it. But mostly amusing because you are not what you project your community to be. Lol AT ALL.
Per the demos a lot of you are broke. Lol. Why try to boost yaselves off the back of ya neighbors on a highschool football thread? Why does the burg base do this? It's really corny. You lose a game and start judging Ironton or whoever based on academics? Lol. Nothing special about burgs academics at all. You need to travel more if you think so.

Don't do that. Smh
I mean just off rip we have more elementary kids who are at least bilingual than Burg has residents. Lol. Academics? 🤣 🤣 🤣 burg fans should feel very corny when they try this pathetic angle.
Now, don't let me catch you burg fans trying this again or I'll remind you again how broke and uneducated your community really is. Burg is no better or worse than Ironton or Portsmouth. Same sociological and economic ills.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:58 pm

Per the demos a lot of you are broke. Lol. Why try to boost yaselves off the back of ya neighbors on a highschool football thread? Why does the burg base do this? It's really corny. You lose a game and start judging Ironton or whoever based on academics? Lol. Nothing special about burgs academics at all. You need to travel more if you think so.

Don't do that. Smh
I mean just off rip we have more elementary kids who are at least bilingual than Burg has residents. Lol. Academics? 🤣 🤣 🤣 burg fans should feel very corny when they try this pathetic angle.
Now, don't let me catch you burg fans trying this again or I'll remind you again how broke and uneducated your community really is. Burg is no better or worse than Ironton or Portsmouth. Same sociological and economic ills.
Speaking of academics our school system here in norther VA is one of the top 10 in the nation which coincides with it also being located in one of the wealthiest areas in the nation.

Now I'm not bragging - because it's a stupid thing to brag about. Especially in southeast Ohio. And therein is my point. In the words of Will Hunting - "Don't do that." Lol

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:02 pm

Speaking of academics our school system here in norther VA is one of the top 10 in the nation which coincides with it also being located in one of the wealthiest areas in the nation.

Now I'm not bragging - because it's a stupid thing to brag about. Especially in southeast Ohio. And therein is my point. In the words of Will Hunting - "Don't do that." Lol
Fun fact: Christian Laetner, Michael Jordan, John Wall and Robert Griffin all owned homes here in Great Falls. Lol

Imagine being portsmouths neighbor and bragging about how your sidewalk is better even though it's the same sidewalk in the entire area.

Stop it burg fans. It makes you look goofy asf - you sound like you really WANNABE a desired location but you're just not. In no aspect whatsoever. Ironton, portsmouth, wheelersburg = basically all the same demographics and those demos are not very encouraging at all.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Most have never left or lived for an extended period of time outside the region. There's a whole big world that's left SEO behind. It is like going back in time when I visit. Walmart and strip malls are the talk of the town, and the biggest employers.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Just my opinion, doesn’t mean in right of wrong. I didn’t hear any airhorns during the Burg alma mater, definitely didn’t hear any booing during it. Did hear some boos when the team took the field. Maybe those things did happen but I find it hard to believe I didn’t hear it but someone across the field did. The whole parking lot taunt thing is silly. Literally a dad and some kids in the back of a truck with a Portsmouth banner wanting people to honk, surely that’s not considered taunting? I did hear some not so friendly words about a few Portsmouth kids, not racially motivated, but not very kind. But is this really the place to point fingers on stuff other than the game of football?

I think in this area you’ll always hear the city schools (Portsmouth & Ironton) dealing with racism, and all of the other school dealing with being called racist. Does it happen sure, not with every school, or player but it happens. Every school has some sort or label that comes with them. Portsmouth are poor, dumb and thugs. Burg are rich, cocky and punks. West are dumb, racist, rednecks. Minford are good old farm boys. You get the picture, these are things I heard back when I was in school and playing. Just because you hear it, or it happened 25 years ago doesn’t mean it’s alive and well. I think it’s tough for Portsmouth being a city school because you have all the kids who are at or below poverty level. Those kids who grow up probably not doing well at home of course aren’t going to have good academics. Kids get kicked out of certain schools and Portsmouth forced to take them as the city school. It’s not always fair but that’s the hand they’ve been dealt as a city school. Personally grew up on the east end of Portsmouth during my childhood. Graduated with an average gpa while playing sports. Went on to earn a college degree, stigma is real but not always accurate. Personally had a good time at Burg on Friday. Portsmouth took a beating but the food I had was good, atmosphere was great, had a good seat, parking was fine, nice sunset, weather was good. Do I think these 2 should play regularly? Probably, but until Portsmouth gets close to being on Burgs level the game will be about how it was on Friday night. Chippy, one sided but a good gate. Maybe they’ll meet up in the playoffs next season?

Who Dey!
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Friday put me back in reality that the Trojans are not on that level. I’d like to know the final stats. I’m not sure Portsmouth had 5 first downs. Trojans are young but lose a lot after next year. A passing game of some sort has to happen. Burgs coach prob had an easy time with a game plan.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:38 pm
fbnut wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:20 pm
Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:50 pm

Something else worth noting: burg fans so often on seops try to talk down on Ironton and portsmouth about academics and quality of life and its silly. First off, this Is a football thread, not a spelling b thread. And secondly, the town of wheelersburg is just as poor and riddled with opiate and methamphetamine addiction as anywhere else in seo. And Wheelersburgs avg demo is 40s and male just like Ironton and Portsmouth AND the average income for Burg residents is really low just like Ironton or Portsmouth. The superiority inferences are wild to me especially the academic inferences. Wheeelrsburg creates so many good students must be why burgs average median income is so low. Just like Ironton or Portsmouth. Smart and broke. Lol.

These towns are reflections of one another.
median household income per census 2017-2021
Portsmouth 34,183
Ironton 38,054
The Burg 57.485
Bachelors or higher
Portsmouth 15%
Ironton 18%
The Burg 32%
My point being. I live in Great Falls Virginia.

For perspective:
$353,259 average household income
45.52% have a graduate degree

Nobody in Burg needs to be bragging about your sociological or financial well being over Ironton or Portsmouth. All 3 are doing a poor job and your youth deserve alot better. You're all basically a replica of one another.
So you are comparing SEO to one of the richest towns in the nation? Even worse, you are comparing hard working blue collar workers with corrupt lobbyists and politicians that made their wealth stealing from those blue collar workers.

What industry made Great Falls wealthy? No industry. They became wealthy “stealing” from tax payers.

https://wjla.com/amp/news/local/great-f ... acts-65186

https://www.idahostatejournal.com/opini ... 33147.html

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

This thread has ran its course. I’m glad Portsmouth is having success. They aren’t there yet but they can be.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:39 pm This thread has ran its course. I’m glad Portsmouth is having success. They aren’t there yet but they can be.
[/quote
Last edited by fbnut on Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:50 pm

Something else worth noting: burg fans so often on seops try to talk down on Ironton and portsmouth about academics and quality of life and its silly. First off, this Is a football thread, not a spelling b thread. And secondly, the town of wheelersburg is just as poor and riddled with opiate and methamphetamine addiction as anywhere else in seo. And Wheelersburgs avg demo is 40s and male just like Ironton and Portsmouth AND the average income for Burg residents is really low just like Ironton or Portsmouth. The superiority inferences are wild to me especially the academic inferences. Wheeelrsburg creates so many good students must be why burgs average median income is so low. Just like Ironton or Portsmouth. Smart and broke. Lol.

These towns are reflections of one another.
Portsmouth 34,183
Ironton 38,054
The Burg 57.485
Bachelors or higher
Portsmouth 15%
Ironton 18%
The Burg 32%

For perspective:

Nobody in Burg needs to be bragging about your sociological or financial well being over Ironton or Portsmouth. All 3 are doing a poor job and your youth deserve alot better. You're all basically a replica of one another.
👍

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Portsmouth 34,183
Ironton 38,054
The Burg 57.485
Bachelors or higher
Portsmouth 15%
Ironton 18%
The Burg 32%

For perspective:

Wow we have more residents with a graduate degree than Burg Ironton or portsmouth have with an associate degree. Lol. - This is why burg fans need to stop acting so righteous on here. Nothing special about your community. You're not superior to Ironton or Portsmouth. You're all the same mostly. It looks corny, classist, and bigoted when you do it. But mostly amusing because you are not what you project your community to be. Lol AT ALL.
👍

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

For perspective:

Don't do that. Smh
👍

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Don't do that. Smh
👍

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Don't do that. Smh
👍

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

👍

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:05 pm

Fun fact: Christian Laetner, Michael Jordan, John Wall and Robert Griffin all owned homes here in Great Falls. Lol

Imagine being portsmouths neighbor and bragging about how your sidewalk is better even though it's the same sidewalk in the entire area.

Stop it burg fans. It makes you look goofy asf - you sound like you really WANNABE a desired location but you're just not. In no aspect whatsoever. Ironton, portsmouth, wheelersburg = basically all the same demographics and those demos are not very encouraging at all.
👍

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:32 pm

Portsmouth 34,183
Ironton 38,054
The Burg 57.485
Bachelors or higher
Portsmouth 15%
Ironton 18%
The Burg 32%

For perspective:

So you are comparing SEO to one of the richest towns in the nation? Even worse, you are comparing hard working blue collar workers with corrupt lobbyists and politicians that made their wealth stealing from those blue collar workers.

What industry made Great Falls wealthy? No industry. They became wealthy “stealing” from tax payers.

They became wealthy by being disciplined, getting an education, and applying it.

The point being: I just did to burg fans what they TRY to do to Ironton and Portsmouth fans on here. Yes burg fans, you are broke, overweight, and undereducatded. Just like Ironton and Portsmouth. How's it feel? Stop trying to be what you are not. Your not superior in ANY aspect.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:32 pm

Portsmouth 34,183
Ironton 38,054
The Burg 57.485
Bachelors or higher
Portsmouth 15%
Ironton 18%
The Burg 32%

For perspective:

And the ONLY industry in seo is dollar stores and drug rehabs. This is the seops version of "you're not that guy, pal" when burg fans attempt this angle with Ironton and Ptown. It's like a suburban white dude tryna pretend like he's a G. Lol. The real ones know better.

Burg is "not that guy." Lol

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

FIDO wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:21 pm Most have never left or lived for an extended period of time outside the region. There's a whole big world that's left SEO behind. It is like going back in time when I visit. Walmart and strip malls are the talk of the town, and the biggest employers.
And it's crazy to me how burg fans on seops project this righteous "were better than you" premise on a high school football thread. The energy is very much "not what they say they are."

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

PTrojan59 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:28 pm Just my opinion, doesn’t mean in right of wrong. I didn’t hear any airhorns during the Burg alma mater, definitely didn’t hear any booing during it. Did hear some boos when the team took the field. Maybe those things did happen but I find it hard to believe I didn’t hear it but someone across the field did. The whole parking lot taunt thing is silly. Literally a dad and some kids in the back of a truck with a Portsmouth banner wanting people to honk, surely that’s not considered taunting? I did hear some not so friendly words about a few Portsmouth kids, not racially motivated, but not very kind. But is this really the place to point fingers on stuff other than the game of football?

I think in this area you’ll always hear the city schools (Portsmouth & Ironton) dealing with racism, and all of the other school dealing with being called racist. Does it happen sure, not with every school, or player but it happens. Every school has some sort or label that comes with them. Portsmouth are poor, dumb and thugs. Burg are rich, cocky and punks. West are dumb, racist, rednecks. Minford are good old farm boys. You get the picture, these are things I heard back when I was in school and playing. Just because you hear it, or it happened 25 years ago doesn’t mean it’s alive and well. I think it’s tough for Portsmouth being a city school because you have all the kids who are at or below poverty level. Those kids who grow up probably not doing well at home of course aren’t going to have good academics. Kids get kicked out of certain schools and Portsmouth forced to take them as the city school. It’s not always fair but that’s the hand they’ve been dealt as a city school. Personally grew up on the east end of Portsmouth during my childhood. Graduated with an average gpa while playing sports. Went on to earn a college degree, stigma is real but not always accurate. Personally had a good time at Burg on Friday. Portsmouth took a beating but the food I had was good, atmosphere was great, had a good seat, parking was fine, nice sunset, weather was good. Do I think these 2 should play regularly? Probably, but until Portsmouth gets close to being on Burgs level the game will be about how it was on Friday night. Chippy, one sided but a good gate. Maybe they’ll meet up in the playoffs next season?

This is a good post. Very diplomatic. Unlike burg fans you took the L and didn't attack anyone and spew all about how your "academics" and "lifestyle" is superior 10 minutes down the road. Lol

Return to “Football”