2023 Ironton Tigers

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: 2023 Ironton Tigers

Post by wobycat »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:03 am Looks like Gavin Hart (RB) from Notre Dame also now at Ironton according to the Twitters.*
If he starts or plays, all of Ironton's skilled kids will be almost all transfers. If not all of them.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:03 am Looks like Gavin Hart (RB) from Notre Dame also now at Ironton according to the Twitters.*
Awesome, looks like he has good size.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Just wants a shot at the next level.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

wobycat wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:16 am
If he starts or plays, all of Ironton's skilled kids will be almost all transfers. If not all of them.
He will definitely start. He will be a Senior.

QB - Ashland
WR - Northwest
WR - Ashland
Slot - Huntington
RB - Notre Dame

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Here come the postcards from Butthurt Nation!

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Hart got the apartment that was previously occupied by Masters, I mean Meltzer, nope must’ve been Perkins. Yep that’s it…unless it was Felders. But I heard the Kid from NW got that apartment, it’s right next to Thacker & Pittmans.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:02 pm Here come the postcards from Butthurt Nation!
Yes and that Royal Butt Hurt guy will be all over this one. But he doesn’t say anything negative. 😂

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:00 pm

QB - Ashland
WR - Northwest
WR - Ashland
Slot - Huntington
RB - Notre Dame
What a great example of build it and they will come.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:51 pm

QB - Ashland
WR - Northwest
WR - Ashland
Slot - Huntington
RB - Notre Dame
I wouldn’t put it out there like this, advertises to all area TE that they could start.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

QB - Ashland
WR - Northwest
WR - Ashland
Slot - Huntington
RB - Notre Dame
LMAO! Smart move by Pendleton. Ironton needs all the recruits they can get to put together a winning team.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

As if on cue, RoyallyButtHurt and the butt hurt Burg gang chimes in. :mrgreen:

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:38 pm As if on cue, RoyallyButtHurt and the butt hurt Burg gang chimes in. :mrgreen:
Butthurt? I’m actually embarrassed for Ironton as a program and feel bad for the Ironton kids that are getting pushed to the side.

This is Pendleton looking around at the Ironton kids and saying “I can’t win with this. Better go out and get a competitive team.”

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:53 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:51 pm

QB - Ashland
WR - Northwest
WR - Ashland
Slot - Huntington
RB - Notre Dame
I wouldn’t put it out there like this, advertises to all area TE that they could start.
I know you’re joking, but I’ve heard some TE help also on the way for Ironton. Same guy was right about Hart, so we’ll see.*

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

First off - an admission... I'm not a huge fan of all the transfers to Ironton. When I played, we had ALL Ironton boys.
But, to those saying we couldn't win without them - you are wrong. We wouldn't be as talented, but with good coaching, we'd still win. Carpenter, Carter, Barnes, Gossett, Duncan, etc. are all college caliber kids from Ironton. That's a lot of homegrown talent.
Plus, some talented kids have left Ironton because of the influx of transfers (at least that;s my understanding). There have been Ironton kids playing at Raceland for a few years. Maybe they'd stay in Ironton if things were different.
And I appreciate the burg poster who admitted that burg recruits kids from outside the district - or at least benefits greatly from outside kids coming to the burg. Finally, honesty...
To the other burg posters who are in denial... To paraphrase your argument = "We win with homegrown talent - you know...kids from South Webster, East, Green, Portsmouth, Minford & occasionally Ironton & Ashland."
Last edited by LockHerUp on Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

LockHerUp wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:31 am First off - an admission... I'm not a huge fan of all the transfers to Ironton. When I played, we had ALL Ironton boys.
But, to those saying we couldn't win without them are wrong. We wouldn't be as talented, but with good coaching, we'd still win. Carpenter, Carter, Barnes, Gossett, Duncan, etc. are all college caliber kids from Ironton. That's a lot of homegrown talent.
And I appreciate the burg poster who admitted that burg recruits kids from outside the district - or at least benefits greatly from outside kids coming to the burg. Finally, honesty...
To the other burg posters who are in denial... To paraphrase your argument = "We win with homegrown talent - you know...kids from South Webster, East, Green, Portsmouth, Minford & occasionally Ironton & Ashland."
I can paraphrase it better. We win with kids who have been going to the school since grade school. I’m pretty sure Ironton has the same type of kids who have done the same but live in coal grove and rock hill school districts. I would even say that it’s possible a few of those mentioned above probably don’t live in district. In fact, look at the CB of all the schools in the area, they all have at least a few.

But there is a vast difference between that and getting very talented and developed players from other high schools to come in and play.

You just got northwest and notre Dames best player in addition to the best Ashland players you got last year.

If burg got that, this board would be total meltdown

Case in point a few years ago there was a mass influx of west players and valley players in middle school at burg. They dominated every sport in 8th grade that year. West people made up shirts about it. It was a big ta do. Everyone of those players eventually left in or before high school and didn’t play.

I don’t doubt that parents try to get players to come into burg and anyone that would come in and could play would help but kids who come over 45 miles to play football is unusual and out of the norm.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:50 am
LockHerUp wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:31 am First off - an admission... I'm not a huge fan of all the transfers to Ironton. When I played, we had ALL Ironton boys.
But, to those saying we couldn't win without them are wrong. We wouldn't be as talented, but with good coaching, we'd still win. Carpenter, Carter, Barnes, Gossett, Duncan, etc. are all college caliber kids from Ironton. That's a lot of homegrown talent.
I can paraphrase it better. We win with kids who have been going to the school since grade school. I’m pretty sure Ironton has the same type of kids who have done the same but live in coal grove and rock hill school districts. I would even say that it’s possible a few of those mentioned above probably don’t live in district. In fact, look at the CB of all the schools in the area, they all have at least a few.

But there is a vast difference between that and getting very talented and developed players from other high schools to come in and play.

You just got northwest and notre Dames best player in addition to the best Ashland players you got last year.

If burg got that, this board would be total meltdown

Case in point a few years ago there was a mass influx of west players and valley players in middle school at burg. They dominated every sport in 8th grade that year. West people made up shirts about it. It was a big ta do. Everyone of those players eventually left in or before high school and didn’t play.

I don’t doubt that parents try to get players to come into burg and anyone that would come in and could play would help but kids who come over 45 miles to play football is unusual and out of the norm.
Well said!

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Still in denial... those aren't "burg kids".

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

LockHerUp wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:43 am Still in denial... those aren't "burg kids".
I bet you’d be surprised how many of your own home grown Ironton kids live out towards rock hill.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

LockHerUp wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:43 am Still in denial... those aren't "burg kids".
Again, what impact did the Ironton junior high coaches have on Keyes, Perkins, Pittman, Lintz, Thacker…?

How did Ironton football program develop these kids in grade school?

All the kids on Burg’s team were developed by Burg. We didn’t expect other schools to teach our players how to play football before coming to Burg.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

I don't think that many RH kids are at Ironton right now. But, in regards to this conversation, I'd say that's irrelevant. Meaning... I would admit they're not homegrown.
I'm not even ripping on the burg. Honestly, in today's high school football scene, you'd be foolish to not accept these kids (the MAC and Kirtland are outliers...most championship teams have transfers).
I just think it's extremely inconsistent & biased to say Ironton has benefitted from out-of-town kids significantly more than the burg over the years. We both have reaped the benefits of transfers/move-ins/out-of-district kids.

Return to “Football”