Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Week 6: SOCII Burg @ Minford

Post by wobycat »

The inexperience of sophomore masters hurts. I liked Matthews playing QB. He’s a danger of he’s throwing outside of the pocket. He can throw, just isn’t a pocket passer.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

vladimir wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:05 pm You're the one who all whinney about a great no call on a INT that was thrown up for grabs, short behind and then the WR falls down on his own. Horrible pass.

Actually it's hilarious b/c it's so obvious. Yummy, Home cookin' its finest. Must have been a burg alumni crew just like the one you're going to have in Week 10 when the Westside comes to town. Them SIDERS better get ready for a big plate of some home cookin' up in the Burg.
Actually they Burg alumni crew will be in Minford tomorrow night !!!!! Advantage Burg !!!!! Some crew that was at Burg and Ashland game ….

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Sport Fan wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:31 pm
vladimir wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:05 pm You're the one who all whinney about a great no call on a INT that was thrown up for grabs, short behind and then the WR falls down on his own. Horrible pass.

Actually it's hilarious b/c it's so obvious. Yummy, Home cookin' its finest. Must have been a burg alumni crew just like the one you're going to have in Week 10 when the Westside comes to town. Them SIDERS better get ready for a big plate of some home cookin' up in the Burg.
Actually they Burg alumni crew will be in Minford tomorrow night !!!!! Advantage Burg !!!!! Some crew that was at Burg and Ashland game ….
Man, I hope not. They are not a good crew. That blatant PI on that fake punt that wasn't called in the Ashland game was a bad miss. The young guy that didn't call it knew he blew because he wouldn't even look at Coach Woodward.

Oh, wait. Only Ashland had bad calls against them in that game. :o :o

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

They get the big games because they are the best crew available.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

vladimir wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:05 pm You're the one who all whiney about a great no call on a INT that was thrown up for grabs, short behind and then the WR falls down on his own. Horrible pass.

Nope, the for real Burg Alumni crew will be officiating Week 10. West Portsmouth at W'burg. I know for a fact at least 2 of the crew played ball for 'burg in the 1980s.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

That’s funny, I don’t care who you are....

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Well, hopefully they all check their voicemail before the game, b/c they definitely missed some calls a few weeks before. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: wink wink nudge nudge.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
joeshmo
Waterboy

Post by joeshmo »

I’ve seen both teams play twice this year and IMO it’s a coin flip game. Minford has the advantage at QB the kid looks like he’s been starting at QB for the last 3 years

Wheelersburg has the advantage with speed on how they use Mathews. Horsley will be huge and they need to stick with him and pound running the ball.

If minford can eliminate the big plays from burg I believe they could pull it off.

Minford 34
Burg 28

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

joeshmo wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:12 pm I’ve seen both teams play twice this year and IMO it’s a coin flip game. Minford has the advantage at QB the kid looks like he’s been starting at QB for the last 3 years

Wheelersburg has the advantage with speed on how they use Mathews. Horsley will be huge and they need to stick with him and pound running the ball.

If minford can eliminate the big plays from burg I believe they could pull it off.

Minford 34
Burg 28
If minford gives up 28 points or more, burg will win. Burgs offense was abysmal in the ironton and Jackson game and burg was only a score away mid third quarter of both those games of tying or actually going ahead. Both games were ballooned out by interceptions leading to easy points. Burg has to move the ball. Their defense is not great but they aren’t as bad as some think. They can get stops but It’s how many stops will they be asked to make that will determine the game

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:13 pm
joeshmo wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:12 pm I’ve seen both teams play twice this year and IMO it’s a coin flip game. Minford has the advantage at QB the kid looks like he’s been starting at QB for the last 3 years

Minford 34
Burg 28
If minford gives up 28 points or more, burg will win. Burgs offense was abysmal in the ironton and Jackson game and burg was only a score away mid third quarter of both those games of tying or actually going ahead. Both games were ballooned out by interceptions leading to easy points. Burg has to move the ball. Their defense is not great but they aren’t as bad as some think. They can get stops but It’s how many stops will they be asked to make that will determine the game
Actually Jackson was leading 21-2 and Wheelersburg finally scored its only TD with 7 mins left in the 4th. Even then it took 3-4 plays inside the 5 to get it in. Other than that Wheelersburg really never threatened to score at all on Jackson.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:24 pm

Minford 34
Burg 28
Actually Jackson was leading 21-2 and Wheelersburg finally scored its only TD with 7 mins left in the 4th. Even then it took 3-4 plays inside the 5 to get it in. Other than that Wheelersburg really never threatened to score at all on Jackson.
You’re right I thought it was 14-2. Good call. But that validates my point. They need to move the ball. They have capability but it has to be seen.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:52 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:24 pm
You’re right I thought it was 14-2. Good call. But that validates my point. They need to move the ball. They have capability but it has to be seen.
I think they’re a good team . And will show it last 5 games

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Imo - Wheelersburg has been fighting againts their own identity this season. They are now a grind it out, slow -ball team offensively, with a mediocre defense they should keep OFF the field as much as possible. The issues I see however have been evident since week one and have little to do with injuries or coaching or officiating. They are just average at offensive and defensive line, and they are obviously inexperienced at QB1. Aside from 1 player, they have average speed and they are small and not very physical. They do not tackle especially well, they seem to get rattled and lose their way after they get punched in the mouth, and they no longer overwhelm teams with depth.

In other words, welcome back to reality for Wheelersburg. The current product is more indicative of who they are in comparison to a 5 or 6 year anomally of overachieving. In that particular area, most schools enroll comparably and rate comparably. Wheelersburg simply enjoyed the ebb and flow as it fluctuated in their favor for a small time period. I expect what we see presently to be the trend now for a few years at Wheelersburg.

As the game is concerned. I see it as being a low scoring affair for the most part. but I will take Minford to win simply because they are executing better on both sides of the ball.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:10 pm Imo - Wheelersburg has been fighting againts their own identity this season. They are now a grind it out, slow -ball team offensively, with a mediocre defense they should keep OFF the field as much as possible. The issues I see however have been evident since week one and have little to do with injuries or coaching or officiating. They are just average at offensive and defensive line, and they are obviously inexperienced at QB1. Aside from 1 player, they have average speed and they are small and not very physical. They do not tackle especially well, they seem to get rattled and lose their way after they get punched in the mouth, and they no longer overwhelm teams with depth.

In other words, welcome back to reality for Wheelersburg. The current product is more indicative of who they are in comparison to a 5 or 6 year anomally of overachieving. In that particular area, most schools enroll comparably and rate comparably. Wheelersburg simply enjoyed the ebb and flow as it fluctuated in their favor for a small time period. I expect what we see presently to be the trend now for a few years at Wheelersburg.

As the game is concerned. I see it as being a low scoring affair for the most part. but I will take Minford to win simply because they are executing better on both sides of the ball.
I agree will everything you said except I really like some of the young talent they have coming up.

buckeyeball
Waterboy

Post by buckeyeball »

scott1297 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:19 pm Go Burg! This team is like Jekyll and Hyde you never know which one is gonna show up. If I mean it's a big if! If Burg would have played like they did against Ashland they would have beaten Jackson! That's twice this year that Burg looked out of sorts first against Ironton then last night with Jackson. All I know is that tackling has to get better and the qb play needs to improve. But the effort is there and I guess that's all u can ask for at this point. But anyway I got faith in the Burg that they will beat Minford in a good hard fought game. I would like to see Burg to try Kenny at qb just for a series or 2. I heard that he is gonna be a good one but being a freshman I guess u got to wait your turn
You’re right if Burg played like they did against Ashland they would’ve won . Not sure I agree with the freshman at Qb . Was you at the game when he went in and threw a pick 6 right off the rip too . Yes the kid is a great runner .But I wouldn’t say he’s a better all around QB. Running the ball maybe . I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get a lot of playing time next year but idk if I see that as QB . Not to mention when he’s got in a couple games and had good moments, he’s been playing JV kids or second string .

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Eve of the game just want to say good luck to all the kids. This is what high school football is all about. Safe travels to everyone making the short drive. And hopefully an injury free game lastly Go Falcons!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:10 pm Imo - Wheelersburg has been fighting againts their own identity this season. They are now a grind it out, slow -ball team offensively, with a mediocre defense they should keep OFF the field as much as possible. The issues I see however have been evident since week one and have little to do with injuries or coaching or officiating. They are just average at offensive and defensive line, and they are obviously inexperienced at QB1. Aside from 1 player, they have average speed and they are small and not very physical. They do not tackle especially well, they seem to get rattled and lose their way after they get punched in the mouth, and they no longer overwhelm teams with depth.

After 5 games you see all this? I agree they have issues but I’ll evaluate after season is over. That opening schedule was brutal.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:43 pm

After 5 games you see all this? I agree they have issues but I’ll evaluate after season is over. That opening schedule was brutal.
How many games do you require before you decide to apply critical thinking instead of emotions? It is the half way point. If you cannot make an up to the moment assesment of what you see PRESENTLY after 5 games, why are you here? You would be better served writing about your feelings for Hallmark.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

What did you see after 5 games the past few years?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:14 pm

How many games do you require before you decide to apply critical thinking instead of emotions? It is the half way point. If you cannot make an up to the moment assesment of what you see PRESENTLY after 5 games, why are you here? You would be better served writing about your feelings for Hallmark.
Not with that schedule. Sorry. They’ve played one division 5 team. Four division 3 teams three of those d3 teams being exceptional. I’ll wait until tomorrow. If they struggle against minford, I’ll definitely agree but not until then.

Return to “Football”