2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Spike
Riding the Bench

Re: 2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by Spike »

I would agree about maybe overlooking the jonnies if the first half the jonnies gained a huge lead then wheelersburg settles down and played good in the second half but just couldn’t catch him up but that wasn’t the case was it , more like a old fashioned butt whooping, burg fans just gotta come to terms with that

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Irontons season looks promising, keep up the hard work in the off season and good things can happen.

This is the Fighting Tigers outlook thread right???

Go Fighting Tigers...…..
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Spike wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:44 pm I would agree about maybe overlooking the jonnies if the first half the jonnies gained a huge lead then wheelersburg settles down and played good in the second half but just couldn’t catch him up but that wasn’t the case was it , more like a old fashioned butt whooping, burg fans just gotta come to terms with that
I don’t think they will worry too much about it winning three out of the last 6 regionals.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Irontons season looks promising, keep up the hard work in the off season and good things can happen.

Go Fighting Tigers...…..

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:22 pm Irontons season looks promising, keep up the hard work in the off season and good things can happen.

Go Fighting Tigers...…..
You are a reasonable poster. Yes the season will be successfull.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wobycat wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:36 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:10 am according to the numbers I saw on another topic, it looks like ironton possibly has dropped to d6.
CB numbers haven't been added. They will be in D5 but they are headed for d6 in the future
thanks woby.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Great job to Coach Pendleton and Staff on getting the Players names and tapes out there to Colleges, keep up the great work. Players, keep working hard and good things will happen.

ArntunLegend
Waterboy

Post by ArntunLegend »

Coach Pendleton has really ramped up the college recruiting from what I’m being told by school administration. He’s got coaches calling everyday and walking thru the door that’s never even stepped foot in Lawrence county. He’s getting some of our young lads national attention from some of the top programs in the country. Great job Coach and staff. Proud to be a Tiger!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it was evident the 1st time I talked to this cat, he was all in, and ready to change the culture thre in tiger town.
I think they made an excellent choice.
and I really like the staff as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

JTEK wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:48 pm [youtube][/youtube]
Poo Bear wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:32 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:14 pm

No crying. Just telling facts on that thread. On this thread I said rumors. That’s why I put the emphasis on parents. It’s not like kids come because someone asks them to come. The parents have to allow it.
Heard one of the top new 8th Grade burg players already left
Said it many times
Burgs not for everyone
Amen

Spike
Riding the Bench

Post by Spike »

Coach Pendleton is working very hard putting the boys name out there , look for some big time offers heading to the players in the next couple of years

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I think that Is something that is great. and I admire that. great seeing all our local athletes getting seen by colleges and universities. I wish them all luck.

ArntunLegend
Waterboy

Post by ArntunLegend »

Arntun is making a comeback... the sleeping giant of the south. RTD RTD RTD Return To Dominance

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Spike wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:30 am Coach Pendleton is working very hard putting the boys name out there , look for some big time offers heading to the players in the next couple of years
Let's not get carried away. Pendleton was a terrific player in his own right, and he was a walk-on at MSU. Getting looked at is not the same as an offer. Holden got some attention from Ohio State, but I don't think an official offer was made and he was definitely a big time player. Carrico may get some big time offers, depends on his production this year. Salyers is probably in that walk-on maybe some smaller D-1. No one else stands out at this time to me, but I'm not too familiar with their O-line.

There are about what 120 D1 football schools and about 20 to 25 of them would be considered big time programs. There are probably about 20,000 high school football teams, so that's hard to compete with.

I do agree that he's doing a good job reaching out for players to compete at the next level should they choose to do so.

Spike
Riding the Bench

Post by Spike »

wobycat wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:39 am
Spike wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:30 am Coach Pendleton is working very hard putting the boys name out there , look for some big time offers heading to the players in the next couple of years
Let's not get carried away. Pendleton was a terrific player in his own right, and he was a walk-on at MSU. Getting looked at is not the same as an offer. Holden got some attention from Ohio State, but I don't think an official offer was made and he was definitely a big time player. Carrico may get some big time offers, depends on his production this year. Salyers is probably in that walk-on maybe some smaller D-1. No one else stands out at this time to me, but I'm not too familiar with their O-line.

There are about what 120 D1 football schools and about 20 to 25 of them would be considered big time programs. There are probably about 20,000 high school football teams, so that's hard to compete with.

I do agree that he's doing a good job reaching out for players to compete at the next level should they choose to do so.
Wasn’t the reason Pendleton had to walk on was because of his injury and teams pulled offers ? But Your right there is a big difference in getting looks and getting offers , from what I was told by people I trust is that Ironton will have around 4-6 kids this year get solid offers maybe not all D1 but solid offers

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Spike wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:27 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:39 am

Wasn’t the reason Pendleton had to walk on was because of his injury and teams pulled offers ? But Your right there is a big difference in getting looks and getting offers , from what I was told by people I trust is that Ironton will have around 4-6 kids this year get solid offers maybe not all D1 but solid offers
I’m not sure. Just know he was a walk on at Michigan State. Pendleton was a really good player. His injury was nasty. Hurt them against Burg. I’d say 4-6 kids sounds about right. Carrico probably has the best chance landing a good one. He has size. Can’t teach that.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

wobycat wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:47 pm I believe two have left. Good luck to those athletes. I think burg was going to be in D 4 so they sent them packing. Lol. Just kidding. Not sure why they left.
Who left? Were they transfers?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

whether coach Pendleton walked on or not I have no idea. but the man was a starter, scored a touchdown in the rose bowl. and is now a head coach. if that ain't determination, i'll eat yer hat. tyler whaley from ironton was a walk on at ohio state as well. and we all saw how that worked out. and there is a book about tank. the fact that someone starts and gets a scholarship as a walk on , it's all I ever have to know bout their desire to persevere.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:12 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:47 pm I believe two have left. Good luck to those athletes. I think burg was going to be in D 4 so they sent them packing. Lol. Just kidding. Not sure why they left.
One was here for baseball I believe but was only here for a year. The other went with his brother to valley. The brothers were more football kids and were at burg quite awhile.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:43 am
spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:12 pm
One was here for baseball I believe but was only here for a year. The other went with his brother to valley. The brothers were more football kids and were at burg quite awhile.
Sometimes know matter how great the kids are it’s worth it just to get rid of the parents

Return to “Football”