Week 12 Region 9: #1 Athens vs. #4 Tri-Valley

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: Week 12 Region 9: #1 Athens vs. #4 Tri-Valley

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Paladin wrote:Rumor is Ohio St. is coming to watch the 6 Athens D-I players. Lots of scholarship offers on the way ! Burrow rumored to play for Dad's team but the other Athens "stars" are up for grabs ! Better polish up that Regional Championship. Here come the bullpuppies !

Good one!!!

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:
Paladin wrote:Rumor is Ohio St. is coming to watch the 6 Athens D-I players. Lots of scholarship offers on the way ! Burrow rumored to play for Dad's team but the other Athens "stars" are up for grabs ! Better polish up that Regional Championship. Here come the bullpuppies !

Good one!!!
Sick people, jealous of kids that are haveing success.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Paladin wrote:Rumor is Ohio St. is coming to watch the 6 Athens D-I players. Lots of scholarship offers on the way ! Burrow rumored to play for Dad's team but the other Athens "stars" are up for grabs! Better polish up that Regional Championship. Here come the bullpuppies !
Before you go making of the cuff smart a$$ comments maybe you should know what you are talking about first (but then again that has never stopped you beore). Ohio State and Illinois have both had scouts in the stands at Bulldog games this year. Illinois also asked for additional tape on Ryan Leuhrman afterward. Burrow visited OSU already (during the Wisconsin game) and has some pics on his Twitter account if you need proof. By the way, continuing to call us bullpuppies just shows the level of maturity you and moonshine possess and it is pathetic and childish, grow up and act like an adult for a change.
Last edited by A-Town Big Dog on Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

teach1coach2 wrote:I am not going to get to Logan until about 6:00 pm. I assume the TV side will be full by then and likely will have to sit on the Athens side.

Just and FYI to the Logan folks, it is not uncommon for TV fans to be lined up at the visitor's gate before school is out when it is a big game. In 2007 and 2009 I arrived at Sheridan at about 3:15ish and a couple hundred TV fans were in line a head of me.

I wish both teams an injury free game. Hope to see TV win. If not, I will congratulate Athens. Marion Franklin awaits the winner of this game and has a whole new set of challenges for the winner of this game.
Logan used to travel that way as well, I remember waiting on gates to open at a number of schools.

A lot of our folks remember the great crowd TV brought to Logan in '07. Looking forward to a repeat tonight.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Interesting, Big Dog. Where are the "other" 4 D-I players getting "recruited" from. Remember, you folks said you had SIX D-I players. Looking forward to all the Athens D-I signings......................lol

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

I got a Hocking river boat cruise schedule next to the swamp! Frist come first served![/quote]

Still got some prime seats on the cruise boat serving big fish samwich![/quote]

AND THE FISH HAS DOG MEAT IN IT![/quote]

Still have a few seats left!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

moonshine wrote:Notice: all puppies fans (Both teams are puppies!,) come early eat, party and spend your money in and around Logan, We need to feed the big fish! NOW on to the game day prediction! Look for a very close game with defense and ball control, mistakes and turnovers to decide to outcome of this game with the winner getting Marion Franklin! The winner better enjoy because the next game will be the end of the road!

Bullpuppies 45

Scotties 46
Should be a full house at the swamp!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Paladin wrote:Interesting, Big Dog. Where are the "other" 4 D-I players getting "recruited" from. Remember, you folks said you had SIX D-I players. Looking forward to all the Athens D-I signings......................lol
Don't read this as if I am saying this in a angry tone. First off, nowhere on this site or any other have you seen me make that claim. I'm not saying that the claim wasn't made, just that it wasn't made by me. Don't forget we had a D1 (BCS school) QB in the last 10 years in Grant Gregory (Indiana, S. Florida, Kansas St.) and Joe Burrow is easily on par with Gregory and in my opinion is better even at this point than GG was when he graduated. I truly believe with continued improvement Williams and Ryan Leuhrman have the ability to play D1 most likely at a mid major MAC type of school and I wouldn't be totally shocked to see Adam Leuhrman get a chance (longshot) as a development type player just due to his physical size, 6'4" WR's don't grow on trees after all and if they did every team would be filled with them.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Paladin wrote:Interesting, Big Dog. Where are the "other" 4 D-I players getting "recruited" from. Remember, you folks said you had SIX D-I players. Looking forward to all the Athens D-I signings......................lol
And what are the names of those colleges you said you scout for?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

He scouts for Rio Grande and Hocking College

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

good luck tonight athens

Alumnus_Tigress
Waterboy

Post by Alumnus_Tigress »

Bulldogs destory tri valley tonight by 22pnts! Burrow will sign with OU unless his dad wants to look for another job! :122245

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

GO BULLDOGS!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

who said 6?

you take one stupid remark by a poster and harp on it.

RedRage
Waterboy

Post by RedRage »

To all of the grown adults arguing about who is being looked at by college(s) at the moment, do us all a favor and quit. The thread is designed for the GAME (this includes predictions, strength/weaknesses of both teams, etc.). With this being said, I think the game could go either way. I have not saw anything on Tri Valley, but from what I've gathered, they seem to be a strong team (both skill and physically) on both sides of the ball. I believe Athens has one of the most explosive offenses in the area. I believe the Athens offense biggest weakness is their offensive line. Overall, they aren't that good. They are very slow and out of shape from what I have noticed. I believe Tri Valley has the game in the trenches. Skill position I believe Athens takes that (although close in comparison). Overall defensively, Athens secondary and interior line are weak. The 2 defensive ends (although young) are pretty good. Another key factor this week will be the special teams. Athens has ALOT of work in that area if they want to compete in this game and the coming weeks (if they advance that is). If Athens has not fixed their secondary issues from the past game, this could be a blowout. From what I've read about Tri Valley, their defense seems to be pretty stout. I think this will come in handy against the Bulldogs. I think the lack of competitive competition showed in last weeks week against Logan Elm. With this being said, Athens has a great coaching staff (with knowledgeable coaches). I think they will have had enough time to prepare.

With this being said, my predictions are:

Athens: 58 Tri Valley: 48

Reasoning: The game is on turf which I believe falls in the favor of Athens due to their speed in the skilled positions. I believe there will be an outstanding crowd (Although the Athens faithful in the stands for the past 2 years have been TERRIBLE). You could hear a pin drop while at most of their games, but I think the overall atmosphere will have the Bulldogs ready to go. I think this week has given the coaching staff enough time to prepare the team for victory! GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

RAIDER6309 wrote:He scouts for Rio Grande and Hocking College

HAHAHAHA :)

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Actually, the scouting has paid off for SEO, given how few D-I athletes there are down there. But in the case of one of the schools, they signed players from Logan, Zanesville and Ironton as I recommended and they reviewed. So, 3 SEO players got schollies. The other school had recommendations but the players involved signed elsewhere. Hey, you don't get them all .

Refreshing to read Bulldog54. I said pretty much the same thing and got attacked for telling it like it is. I even acknowledged the one D-I player on the bullpuppies and also got attacked because I doubted the "other" alleged D-I players. Up here, if a team has 6 D-I players on it , we call them St. Iggy or St. Eds, Canton McKinley or Cardinal Mooney and maybe Massillon or Glenville. I guess according to the faithful ( clueless) down there, the bullpuppies have arrived.

Other than Burrow, I won't be making any D-I recommendations of the bullpuppies. Kick-off coming up.

Enjoy the game. 8)

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Paladin wrote:Actually, the scouting has paid off for SEO, given how few D-I athletes there are down there. But in the case of one of the schools, they signed players from Logan, Zanesville and Ironton as I recommended and they reviewed. So, 3 SEO players got schollies. The other school had recommendations but the players involved signed elsewhere. Hey, you don't get them all .

Refreshing to read Bulldog54. I said pretty much the same thing and got attacked for telling it like it is. I even acknowledged the one D-I player on the bullpuppies and also got attacked because I doubted the "other" alleged D-I players. Up here, if a team has 6 D-I players on it , we call them St. Iggy or St. Eds, Canton McKinley or Cardinal Mooney and maybe Massillon or Glenville. I guess according to the faithful ( clueless) down there, the bullpuppies have arrived.

Other than Burrow, I won't be making any D-I recommendations of the bullpuppies. Kick-off coming up.

Enjoy the game. 8)
Oh yea, well all the players I reccomended were taken by D1 schools. Oh yea I scout, but I won't tell you who for but trust me when I say I do. :lol: :lol: Wow Palodian that is one of your best posts yet. :mrgreen:

Power 105
All Conference

Post by Power 105 »

This game can be heard on Power 105.5 and 970 WATH tonight starting at 7:15! You can listen on the free Power 105 smartphone app as well or online here: http://streamdb3web.securenetsystems.ne ... Y.facebook

Be sure to tune into 970 WATH or 97.1 FM (970wath.com) while you are tailgating or on the way to the game for the Sports Fan at 6:06 for a full game preview!

Follow us on twitter as well for full area score updates @WATHSportsFan

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Tri valley pulls the upset.

Return to “Football”