WK 1 Gallia Academy @ Athens

GAHSfan06
Waterboy

Re: WK 1 Gallia Academy @ Athens

Post by GAHSfan06 »

did the jv and freshman play athens yet?

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

hawkeyepierce wrote:
theassassin wrote:sit 20% of season. football 1 game, basketball would be 2 games

I graduated from Vinton County and they taught me that 20% of 10 is TWO, so he would have to sit TWO games. For a basketball season it is FOUR games.

:oops: :oops:
i was hom skoold... had number of games right... not sure what the hell i was thinking.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

You were right though. Here is the following from the OHSAA website:

10. Ejection for Unsporting Conduct (Disqualification for unsporting conduct or flagrant
violation)

10.1) Players

Any player ejected or disqualified for unsporting conduct or flagrant foul shall be ineligible
for all contests for the remainder of that day. In addition, the player shall be ineligible
for all contests at all levels in that sport until two regular season/tournament contests
(one in football) are played at the same level as the ejection or disqualification.
When ejection or disqualification of a player results from illegal substitution in baseball,
fast pitch softball or basketball, the two contest suspension does not apply.

If the ejection or disqualification occurs in the last contest of the season, the student shall be ineligible for the same period of time as stated above in the next sport in which the student participates. A student under suspension may not sit on the team bench, enter the locker room or be affiliated with the team in any way traveling to, during or traveling after the contest(s).

A student who is ejected or disqualified a second time shall be suspended for the remainder of the season in that sport.

A student who has been ejected or disqualified for unsporting conduct for the second
time in the season during the last contest shall be ineligible for a period of time/number
of contests subject to the discretion of the Commissioner. The period of ineligibility shall
commence during the next sport in which the student participates.

It is the responsibility of the local school authorities to ensure this regulation is enforced.
When an ineligible student is allowed to participate, forfeiture of the contest is mandatory.

This regulation shall apply to all regular season and tournament contests and shall in
no way limit the discretionary authority of the Commissioner as specified in the OHSAA
tournament regulations. In accordance with Bylaw 8-3-1, the decisions of contest officials are final.

ronnie88richards
JV Team

Post by ronnie88richards »

Sounds like it was a messy game with the ejections. Goodluck to Athens on there upcoming game.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Thanks Hawk...... So ya have to sit out 2 games, but the game you were ejected counts as one, So the players can come back for WK 3.......

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

ronnie88richards wrote:Sounds like it was a messy game with the ejections. Goodluck to Athens on there upcoming game.

not really the case at all. it was one (rather minor) incident in which the punishment doesnt fit the crime for either side and it looks like i'm not the only one who thinks so.

GAHSfan06
Waterboy

Post by GAHSfan06 »

any chance of an appeal to the state?

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Need to block better. Wamsley has got to get some snaps on O. He is the best lineman on the team and could really make a difference. The backs are capable of putting up big numbers collectively but need holes to run through. The Gravely loss was huge on defense. Kid is a stud and it showed as Athens couldn't get anything going prior to his ejection. I gotta think that both teams will be much improved over the next couple games but all in all a fair showing from both sides.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

JChipwood thanks!!! I did not think my eyes was getting that bad.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gallipolis Blue Imps JVs downed visiting Athens, 38-6, on Memorial Field this evening.

It was the first game by both teams.

After a scoreless first period, GAHS racked up 22 points in the second stanza. It was 30-6 going into the final period.

GAHSfan06
Waterboy

Post by GAHSfan06 »

jottings.
who scored for the devils?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Seems like Tyler Eastman and Corey Straight were among the ones doing the scoring, but not sure. GAHS 4-Ever, Bob Marchi and I were at the North end of the field and all the action took place on the South end. Didn't write anything down.

Couple Imps left the gme with cramps while another may have suffered a broken ankle. Mighty long game. Started at 5:30 and wasn't over until after 7:30.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

HEY!!!Give Chris McDermitt alittle credit here!!! He had 2 or 3 TDS, Thats blood line there.His uncle was the starting QB for
Point when they won the state in 68 or 69. Pete had a strong arm 70 to 80 yards in the air flat footed.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Someone at the game told me it was a good team effort but the McDermitt kid was by far the standout player of the game.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

I would like to see Bob Marchi ! He tells it how it is, Knows the game!! He is a straightshooter!!! ;-)

Return to “Football”