Rock Hill
17%

Total votes: 154

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: OVC 2016

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that would be exciting for the OVC.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

fred_flinstone wrote:From the write up in the Herald Dispatch today by Tim Stephens it looks like the Fairland Dragons are going to have an excellent year coming off of an 0-10 season.
Tim is also a Fairland grad. So I take what he says about Fairland athletics with a grain of salt.

ROLL PEAKE
fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

That's why I made the post... Fairland gets more attention then other teams do and the other teams actually have success. Somebody needs to rein him in. I mean I haven't seen any write ups about Huntington high, cabell midland, Wayne, Ironton, Chesapeake, etc and all these teams had way better seasons than Fairland did last year and they return more talent than Fairland. It's nothing against Fairland community or players it just makes the Dragon Dispatch look less credible.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

And I love Tim as a writer, he writes great articles and does great reporting. But as you said, I wish the news was balanced out to the rest of the area teams.

ROLL PEAKE
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

fred_flinstone wrote:That's why I made the post... Fairland gets more attention then other teams do and the other teams actually have success. Somebody needs to rein him in. I mean I haven't seen any write ups about Huntington high, cabell midland, Wayne, Ironton, Chesapeake, etc and all these teams had way better seasons than Fairland did last year and they return more talent than Fairland. It's nothing against Fairland community or players it just makes the Dragon Dispatch look less credible.

fred here's hopin them green dragons gets back on track. and I hope this is the most competitive year of OVC football in several lustrums.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Who does everyone play for their jamboree games coming up?

Chesapeake hosts Tolsia who lost in the Single A State Championship game in WV

ROLL PEAKE
LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

its almost here....hopeing for a good season from my Trojans,sounds like they have improved

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ironton to my knowledge has never participated in a jamboree game.

sportsfan2015
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2015 »

Rock Hill hosts Symmes Valley on Friday.

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:ironton to my knowledge has never participated in a jamboree game.
They actually played Coal Grove in a few jamboree games before Ironton joined the OVC

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

I was at that game. Ironton won by a touchdown I think

ROLL PEAKE
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I stand corrected then. I just thought they were all scrimmages. I thought jamboree games were multiple games on the same day with 1 common host. and that may well have happened, I'm not sure.

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I stand corrected then. I just thought they were all scrimmages. I thought jamboree games were multiple games on the same day with 1 common host. and that may well have happened, I'm not sure.
Here's the definition of a jamboree game from the OHSAA website.

What is a Jamboree? A Jamboree is a third preseason football contest. It is intended to be conducted
during the scrimmage timeline and serve as a “dress rehearsal” for the upcoming regular season
game(s). In an ideal world, the game would be played in accordance with NFHS playing rules, i.e. four
quarters, complete kicking game, regular clock rules and should involve all aspects of the football Friday
Night experience. However, the competing schools have some flexibility to conduct the Jamboree in the
most suitable format for their kids and communities. The host school may charge admission. Many
schools hosting a Jamboree have included booster sponsored chicken barbeques or pasta dinners. Many
athletic departments involve their marching band and have band booster activities. It is anticipated that
the Jamboree be more than just an athletic event.

Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

All but two OVC teams will be on the road this week, as Gallia Academy & Fairland open the season at home. Coal Grove does not have a game this week, unless that has changed. Here is a breakdown of the out-of-conference match ups this Friday (In no particular order):

Ironton @ Wheelersburg
Portsmouth @ Valley
Chesapeake @ Oak Hill
Rock Hill @ Minford
South Point @ Roane County, WV
Portsmouth West @ Fairland
Meigs @ Gallia
Coal Grove is OPEN
Last edited by Henry Jones, Jr. on Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY IN THE OVC.

AND GOOD LUICK TO THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS FRIDAY VS. WHEELERSBURG.
MY PREDICTION, 20-17. IRONTON UPSETS THE BURG.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

KEEP US UPDATED HENRY.

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE THAT WOULD SEND ME A COUPLE OF THE OVC SCHEDULES FOR THE OVC THAT THEY HAVE OUT LOCALLY LIKE AT BANKS. I DON'T CARE WHICH TEAM IS PROMOTING THE SCHEDULE. SOMEBODY SENT ME ONE LAST YEAR. AND I COMPLETELY FORGOT WHO. I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. IF YOU CAN PM ME AND I'LL GIVE YOU MY ADDRESS , GOD BLESS YOU N THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Henry Jones, Jr. wrote:All but one OVC team will be on the road this week, as only Gallia Academy opens the season at home. Coal Grove does not have a game this week, unless that has changed. Here is a breakdown of the out-of-conference match ups this Friday (In no particular order):

Ironton @ Wheelersburg
Portsmouth @ Valley
Chesapeake @ Oak Hill
Rock Hill @ Minford
South Point @ Roane County, WV
Fairland @ Portsmouth West
Meigs @ Gallia
Coal Grove is OPEN
I believe Portsmouth West is at Fairland

Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Fixed It!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck to all of the OVC teams this week.

Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Week 1 Finals

Portsmouth-32 @ Valley-12
Chesapeake-40 @ Oak Hill-14
Rock Hill-33 @ Minford-14
South Point-22 @ Roane County, WV-42
Portsmouth West-26 @ Fairland-20
Meigs-42 @ Gallia-7
Ironton-6 @ Wheelersburg-49
Coal Grove DNP

OVC went 3-4 in the first week of non-conference play.

Return to “Football”