Regional Semi: Wood (8-0) Burg (7-1)

SpeedKillz

Re: Regional Semi: Wood (8-0) Burg (7-1)

Post by SpeedKillz »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:07 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:29 pm
frankie wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:08 pm

True speedkillz and he's pretty at strength / conditioning. Going to state finals in his 2nd year wasn't too bad either.

Ironton staff = one word.

ELITE.

Thanks! I just spit my drink all over my computer. Do what they have done the last two seasons over 10 years and then we will talk about being an elite staff.
Tiger envy will never die in SEO. 🤣

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

frankie wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:18 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:14 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:08 am For the 2nd year in a row Ironton surpasses Burg aa the dominant program is SEO.

A burg/Ironton regional title game would have been big, but Burg again fails to hold up their end as Ironton extends the gap on burg in post season success.
Yeah we will see what you guys are made of next year. Your pond is still stocked with some big fish but eventually the staff will have to work at it. A couple of years with arguably irontons best player in history, isn’t going to prove a dominance.
Yep we've heard over and over about Lattimore, his twin brother and that sophomore class. :roll:
And then last season they were comin in 5 deep at every position w elite speed but then showed up w a mediocre RB at the Qb and an okish o line that got bullied all night. Lol

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:41 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:29 pm

Ironton staff = one word.

ELITE.

Thanks! I just spit my drink all over my computer. Do what they have done the last two seasons over 10 years and then we will talk about being an elite staff.
What's envious about that?

They have been blessed with talent as a whole and a generational talent in Carrico. Last year with the exception of Ridgewood they had a Yellow Brick Road to the State Finals and laid an egg on the Big Stage.

Compete consistently or without loaded rosters and you can use the word "Elite".

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

FIDO wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:56 am The true mark of an elite coach is what he gets out of his team with inferior talent against those with superior players.

It's a bit premature to say Pendelton and staff is in the class of Ironton's God of football.

I'd he willing to bet Pendelton wont be around long enough to even begin to make the comparison. I think he will be looking for bigger and better programs. Ironton is nothing but a springboard for his future in coaching at a higher level. Imo
Checkmate
Pendleton has made it very clear that his goal is to coach D1 Football, and that may have happened this year had a certain candidate not turned down the Michigan State job. The brothers are committed to the team, but not to Ironton going forward. If they were do you think the brother would be building a house in Wheelersburg?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:56 pm
FIDO wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:56 am The true mark of an elite coach is what he gets out of his team with inferior talent against those with superior players.

It's a bit premature to say Pendelton and staff is in the class of Ironton's God of football.

I'd he willing to bet Pendelton wont be around long enough to even begin to make the comparison. I think he will be looking for bigger and better programs. Ironton is nothing but a springboard for his future in coaching at a higher level. Imo
Checkmate
Pendleton has made it very clear that his goal is to coach D1 Football, and that may have happened this year had a certain candidate not turned down the Michigan State job. The brothers are committed to the team, but not to Ironton going forward. If they were do you think the brother would be building a house in Wheelersburg?
Exactly. Don't see him being there for very long.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:56 pm

Checkmate
yeah, heaven forbid a coach build a house 15 minutes down the road in a quiet secluded area! HE CLEARLY MUST BE WANTING TO BE A PIRATE!!!!!!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:48 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:41 pm

What's envious about that?

They have been blessed with talent as a whole and a generational talent in Carrico. Last year with the exception of Ridgewood they had a Yellow Brick Road to the State Finals and laid an egg on the Big Stage.

Compete consistently or without loaded rosters and you can use the word "Elite".
Tbh most teams would have “laid an egg.” They played us harder than we had been played all year and fairly positive no one else would have given us a better game. Not in D5 anyway. Heck we got 7 losses over the last 11 seasons. More often than not that happens. I think they deserved to be there though. That’s why we are looking forward to this year and hoping we get to play again

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

This is a Wood/Burg thread but I guess I can change the topic a little since the game is over with. I didn’t want to start a thread about it but I see all over this site on a lot of threads about D6 and D7 being easier. Does half the people on here keep up with football outside of whatever area they are in? MSML is in D7 and has 11 championships and has been in the state final 10 years in a row. Coldwater is in D6 and the last time they were up in D5 they went to 5 straight state finals, winning 4 out of 5. If not for Canton Central Catholics miracle play they would have been 5 for 5. They aren’t the only good teams in those divisions but they are 2 of the best. You could put either of those up in D5 starting today and they would wreak havoc in D5. D6 and D7 is definitely not easier

6O HORN3TS 🐝
callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

speedkillz is a ironton idoit.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

callie15 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:24 pm speedkillz is a ironton idoit.
Is an idoit a better or worse version of an idiot? :D

Watching SE Ohio basketball

Return to “Football”