2020 Football Season

Paladin
SEOP

Re: 2020 Football Season

Post by Paladin »

On the other hand, the news out of Pennsylvania is the PSAC, a premier D-II college league, is cancelling FB. The PSAC has a large number of teams in both small towns and big cities.

Also announced, another D-I FCS league, the MEAC, joins the Ivy and Patriot Leagues in cancellation of FB.

Expectations are some D-I FBS schools are near announcing cancelling their FB seasons.

Have gun, will travel
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Paladin wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:39 am On the other hand, the news out of Pennsylvania is the PSAC, a premier D-II college league, is cancelling FB. The PSAC has a large number of teams in both small towns and big cities.

Also announced, another D-I FCS league, the MEAC, joins the Ivy and Patriot Leagues in cancellation of FB.

Expectations are some D-I FBS schools are near announcing cancelling their FB seasons.
Without Fans I think all non power 5 schools will cancel the season. They don’t have huge tv deals to keep them going.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I’m moving on from this topic. It’s been beat to death. If they cancel, they cancel. Make up their mind already. I’m anticipating a season. Join me on the real 2020 season topic for some real football discussion

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Small college football is a lot different logistics than high school football. You have hotel and food accommodations made months in advance. Travel usually on charter buses or short flights again made months or years in advance. Officials sometimes come from fairly long distances with hotel and food reservations. A lot different than getting on a school bus, driving a short distance with local officials. Most of these small colleges lose money on all or most of their athletic programs.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Rose Bowl Parade for 2021 in Pasadena has been cancelled. This is a forewarning of things falling for rest of year.

Football_fanatic
Waterboy

Post by Football_fanatic »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:24 pm Small college football is a lot different logistics than high school football. You have hotel and food accommodations made months in advance. Travel usually on charter buses or short flights again made months or years in advance. Officials sometimes come from fairly long distances with hotel and food reservations. A lot different than getting on a school bus, driving a short distance with local officials. Most of these small colleges lose money on all or most of their athletic programs.
Well said.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Like Wobycat said feel free to join us talking about football on the field.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Just saw where down in Scioto County, they have been elevated to a Level 3. Said they have a alarming rise of cases in last 7-10 days. Something like 47 cases in last few days which is over 50 percent what the levels had bee. A level 3 requires all people to wear masks in public. How will this effect the major teams down there, like Portsmouth High School, Valley Indians, Portsmouth West, Minford, Northwest. I believe Portsmouth has been on quarantine already for athletics . If this county stays at level 3 , will outside county’s come into that county for any activity. It will be very interesting. People hasn’t seen the big picture of keeping numbers down and now it’s coming home and it seems to be increasing. Just the beginning.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Jon Husted just danced around a pretty straight forward question of how they are going to do fall sports

All I got for sure was there was going to be An announcement regarding it in the coming weeks.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Prime Time wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:59 pm Just saw where down in Scioto County, they have been elevated to a Level 3. Said they have a alarming rise of cases in last 7-10 days. Something like 47 cases in last few days which is over 50 percent what the levels had bee. A level 3 requires all people to wear masks in public. How will this effect the major teams down there, like Portsmouth High School, Valley Indians, Portsmouth West, Minford, Northwest. I believe Portsmouth has been on quarantine already for athletics . If this county stays at level 3 , will outside county’s come into that county for any activity. It will be very interesting. People hasn’t seen the big picture of keeping numbers down and now it’s coming home and it seems to be increasing. Just the beginning.

So Hamilton , Butler , Cuyahoga , Scioto are all on the same level ?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Yes and include Athens County

Snowflake
Freshman Team

Post by Snowflake »

I think it's safe to say that common sense will soon kick in and we can kiss the 2020 football season goodbye. Too much risk, and people just will not put a mask on to prevent the spread of he virus. They say they want a season more than anything, but choose making a political statement, by not wearing a mask, over doing the one thing that would stop the spread and ensure a season, which is simply putting a mask on. :shock:

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Gov said ourfuture is at stake ! Wear a mask!

Basketballfan40
Freshman Team

Post by Basketballfan40 »

I’ve decided to do some research. I was very confused to as why Scioto county can possibly be on the same level as Hamilton county. Scioto has not even close to 1 percent infection rate (0.001) whereas Hamilton has a 2 percent infection rate. Yet when looking at the area of both, Scioto has more square mileage (616-576). So if I did this right you are 2,000 times more likely to have COVID-19 in Hamilton than in Scioto where we have the luxury of being way more spaced out.

Return to “Football”