yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Wheelersburg 2023

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:20 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:54 pm
SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:39 pm

You seem excited. Ironton gets a transfer and it’s terrible

Excited??? Where in the hell did you get that out of my statement??? All I said is I think he will fit in with Burg's offense or he could be a total bust and not show up for weights this summer or practice and never see the field.

Ironton gets A transfer!! Now that's funny right there I don't care who you are!!

Both recruit and both get “transfers” , Ironton just has a transfer / recruit department and are going on the attack, Wheelersburg is still counting on the fact that they are the crown prince, tropical paradise and everyone wants to get that superior education and shake a jug of rocks.

Oh, we love when the women shake those jugs!!!

LetsRide
Waterboy

Post by LetsRide »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:52 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:54 pm

Excited??? Where in the hell did you get that out of my statement??? All I said is I think he will fit in with Burg's offense or he could be a total bust and not show up for weights this summer or practice and never see the field.

Ironton gets A transfer!! Now that's funny right there I don't care who you are!!

Both recruit and both get “transfers” , Ironton just has a transfer / recruit department and are going on the attack, Wheelersburg is still counting on the fact that they are the crown prince, tropical paradise and everyone wants to get that superior education and shake a jug of rocks.

:lol: :lol:

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

LetsRide wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:37 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:52 pm

:lol: :lol:
Wheelrsburg has only been able to make it out of their region 3 times in the last 15 years.

Ironton ( under HC Pendleton) has won at least their region 3 out of the last 4 seasons.

Portsmouth West and Harvest Prep both defeated Wheelersburg last season. Ironton defeated both Prep and West handily. Prep has came out on top vs Burg in each recent matchup. Ironton has defeated Prep twice in same time span.

Ironton has either blown out Burg at home or Goose egged burg in their own building. Pendletons Tigers have dominated the matchup during his tenure.

Win or lose, Burg hasn't seen a title game under Woodard in several consecutive seasons. Ironton has competed in multiple in the same time frame.

It's a present day false equivalence. Ironton is clearly a notch above Burg in seo and the fighting tigers always have been the more prestigous and accomplished program in seo all time.

Burg fans on Seops = Jan Brady. It's a complex.

BasketballGuy
Waterboy

Post by BasketballGuy »

all area hs programs recruit kids to better their systems, if you don't think that happens your crazy !!!
It may not be a coach or staff member talking directly to the student /athlete it could be a mutual friendship between kids at to different schools who want to play together. Social media has made this process so easy. Success breads happiness, availability to play at the next level (regardless of division) inspires kids to have a dream .
Last edited by BasketballGuy on Tue May 02, 2023 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slatt36
Waterboy

Post by Slatt36 »

Just so everyone know Devon was not recruited nor pushed out of Portsmouth! This was a decision I made for personal reasons for myself and family , so while people want to speak on subjects they have no clue or real information on , now you do and all of the concerns you people have can now be put to rest! He is doing amazing and that’s is all that matters! God Bless you all!

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Be a long time before they beat the Tigers , along with anyone else in southern Ohio

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

stickem wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:24 am I rarely post but am a daily reader of this forum. I like to consider myself as one of the "Burg Diehards" I bleed orange and black. But after several years why are we still beating this dead horse "recruitment". Look at college sports, it's the new normal. Personally, at first, I was all up in arms about it myself whether it be college or high school. But as we continue to progress like I said this is the new normal, if a kid wants to go play with a buddy across town, or if he thinks he has an advantage and a chance to better himself by all means let him or her go. At the same time for those who choose to stay and ride it out at the home school, take it and use it as motivation, that should make you want to beat that team just as bad knowing that the talent is stacked. Be David and go out there and try to slay Goliath there's no reason you can't on any given Friday. All in all its just my two cents and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there comes a time I think we have to move on.
Exactly! Let the kids play where they want! Some of these adults are the problem. They will complain about anything

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burgs season will rely on QB play and his development. Early indications in locker room is he's ready to lead. Hopefully he develops quickly.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:02 am Burgs season will rely on QB play and his development. Early indications in locker room is he's ready to lead. Hopefully he develops quickly.
That’s good to hear, will he be a JR next year?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:45 am
wobycat wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:02 am Burgs season will rely on QB play and his development. Early indications in locker room is he's ready to lead. Hopefully he develops quickly.
The QB will be a sophomore.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

RBH23 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:24 pm
Perfect QB for burgs scheme they want to run. Reminds me of Eddie Miller

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Nice, especially getting one developed and starting for 3 years.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:56 pm

Nice, especially getting one developed and starting for 3 years.
He’s the style of QB Burg needs for their offense, but despite the promise he has shown, he still needs to improve and learn quickly. First game on the road at Ironton is a tough place to start.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Thrown Lattimore in the mix and if he can keep his head on him, Burg has the potential to be very good. I can see Burg losing to Ironton in that week 1 matchup but then getting the win in the playoffs like they did 2 years ago. Lot of new players in Burg's offense that will take some games to get going.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:50 pm Thrown Lattimore in the mix and if he can keep his head on him, Burg has the potential to be very good. I can see Burg losing to Ironton in that week 1 matchup but then getting the win in the playoffs like they did 2 years ago. Lot of new players in Burg's offense that will take some games to get going.
Agree. Will take the young QB some time to find his rhythm.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:50 pm Thrown Lattimore in the mix and if he can keep his head on him, Burg has the potential to be very good. I can see Burg losing to Ironton in that week 1 matchup but then getting the win in the playoffs like they did 2 years ago. Lot of new players in Burg's offense that will take some games to get going.
Lattimore graduated.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:53 pm
Lattimore graduated.
Different Lattimore.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Lattimore graduated.

He is a cousin to the twins. Came from Portsmouth. He is already enrolled at Burg this year. Going to add another weapon to that offense. Had some issues at Portsmouth but hopefully he has matured and keeps his head on straight.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:07 pm
Lattimore graduated.

He is a cousin to the twins. Came from Portsmouth. He is already enrolled at Burg this year. Going to add another weapon to that offense. Had some issues at Portsmouth but hopefully he has matured and keeps his head on straight.
Nice recruit , should be a good pick up .

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:22 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:07 pm

Lattimore graduated.

Nice recruit , should be a good pick up .
Actually this kid was being recruited by Ironton. They reached out and contacted him about transferring there. Burg did not reach out.

Mother chose Burg mostly because of location. Loves Portsmouth but had to get her son out of that environment.

Will see how he does at Burg.

Return to “Football”