WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

svac83
SE

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by svac83 »

SEO Sports wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:25 pm Schedules make a difference. I understand the thinking in scheduling future games that you can win. Especially when Gallia fell on hard times as it relates to wins for a few years. But Gallia didn't play one school this year their size or larger all season I believe.
Point pleasant is way bigger then Gallia academy

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Good win for waverly. I was pretty sure they would over match us. But I had like 56-28. I didn’t think it would be quite this bad. I don’t think anyone inside of program is surprised.

Disappointed but not surprised.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I am not sure Gallia academy schedule is going to get a lot better we will see. Jackson doesn’t want to play Gallia academy. So that gene is out. Gallia academy has to have at least 2 games every year that they have great football attendance for. The schedule was made so one year you got river valley and meigs at home and one year you get ironton and what was Jackson and is now Point pleasant

Gallia academy’s athletic programs are totally self supporting they get no money out of the school districts general fund. It is part of the reason they have to have pay for play.

For years Gallia academy was lucky to have 200 people at a basketball game so football basically had to provide the money for every other sport.

I am hoping even though loveday is gone that people in general are just back behind the program if that is the case they may be able to schedule better in football if not they will have to schedule a team that will bring a big crowd no matter the level of competition.

It kills me when people talk about this and that and don’t look at the whole reason for the schedule. And yes when football went down here the whole athletic budget was on life support.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Final

Waverly 40 Gallia Academy 0

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:37 pm No pressure Waverly but if you lose this game the lowly OVC will tie up the mighty SOC 2 at 6-6 for the year.
No worries there, lol. Wow what a but kicking. Waverly far more physical and gallia just zero creativity on offense, did anyone in the stadium not think shoemaker was going to jump that route and pick it off soon??? Yet they kept calling it until he did. You have size on a team and run sideline to sideline. Tells me all I need to know about the OVC this year, it's ironton and everyone else.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to the Tigers on the big win.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to the Waverly Tigers, I thought you would probably win, but I'm a bit surprised at the margin.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:37 pm
portsmouth_98 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:37 pm No pressure Waverly but if you lose this game the lowly OVC will tie up the mighty SOC 2 at 6-6 for the year.
No worries there, lol. Wow what a but kicking. Waverly far more physical and gallia just zero creativity on offense, did anyone in the stadium not think shoemaker was going to jump that route and pick it off soon??? Yet they kept calling it until he did. You have size on a team and run sideline to sideline. Tells me all I need to know about the OVC this year, it's ironton and everyone else.
Exactly correct about those silly sideline throws towards Shoemaker. He was to quick to be blocked effectively, yet playcalling kept going his way. I will never understand that. Also, Waverly owned the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Recipe for disaster.
Good luck to the Tigers the rest of the way.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

FIRST QUARTER
6:25 23 yd TD pass to Will Futhey PAT no good 6-0
2:11 3 yd TD run Shoemaker Failed 2 PT conversion 12-0

SECOND QUARTER
6:26 Gallia had it 4th and 9 at Waverly 28. Pass was broken up.
6:07 Shoemaker 72 yd TD run PAT missed 18-0
4:24 Shoemaker 50 yd INT return to the house - Shoemaker 2pt conversion run 26-0
4:08 Zeke Brown INT return to the 7.
2:49 Blue Devils take over at the 3 after stopping Waverly on 4 runs.
Gallipolis takes their time running clock and shank a punt out at their own 45 with around .09 to play in the half.
Shanks hits Futhey and brought down at the 1 with Waverly calling timeout with .01 to play.
Shoemaker punched it in from the 1 with no time on the clock - the PAT was good and Waverly lead 33-0 at halftime

THIRD QUARTER
Waverly received the opening kick for he 2nd half and ate up much of the quarter with the running clock.
5:57 Hunter Ward 3 yd TD run as he beat the defender to the pylon. PAT was good 40-0

FOURTH QUARTER
9:54 Brown with his 2nd INT
7:48 Mark Stulley with an INT in the end zone returned to the 45.

FINAL 40-0

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

svac83 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:03 pm I am not sure Gallia academy schedule is going to get a lot better we will see. Jackson doesn’t want to play Gallia academy. So that gene is out. Gallia academy has to have at least 2 games every year that they have great football attendance for. The schedule was made so one year you got river valley and meigs at home and one year you get ironton and what was Jackson and is now Point pleasant

Gallia academy’s athletic programs are totally self supporting they get no money out of the school districts general fund. It is part of the reason they have to have pay for play.

For years Gallia academy was lucky to have 200 people at a basketball game so football basically had to provide the money for every other sport.

I am hoping even though loveday is gone that people in general are just back behind the program if that is the case they may be able to schedule better in football if not they will have to schedule a team that will bring a big crowd no matter the level of competition.

It kills me when people talk about this and that and don’t look at the whole reason for the schedule. And yes when football went down here the whole athletic budget was on life support.
Jackson and RV won't play them bc of other issues, not bc they don't want too. GA has been pay to play for 25+ years. It used to be $50 per kid, was $90 last I heard. Where does all the $$ go?

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Where do we play next week? Chillicothe?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Flush wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:10 pm Where do we play next week? Chillicothe?
Don’t know yet. Bloom Carroll will be the opponent so I’d say Chillicothe or Lancaster.
Lancaster would benefit Bloom Carroll.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Lancaster would be much more advantageous to BC than Chillicothe would be to Waverly. Zane Trace is a better location, but not enough seating.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Shoemaker with 148 yds on 18 carries 3 TD’s and 1 INT returned for TD
Shanks 12 for 18 166 yds and 1 TD
Will Futhey 4 receptions for 89 yds and 1 TD

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Flush wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:19 pm Lancaster would be much more advantageous to BC than Chillicothe would be to Waverly. Zane Trace is a better location, but not enough seating.
I cannot see a game of that magnitude at Zane Trace - correct, not near enough seating.......

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

svac83 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:03 pm I am not sure Gallia academy schedule is going to get a lot better we will see. Jackson doesn’t want to play Gallia academy. So that gene is out. Gallia academy has to have at least 2 games every year that they have great football attendance for. The schedule was made so one year you got river valley and meigs at home and one year you get ironton and what was Jackson and is now Point pleasant

Jackson and Gallia is a no brainer

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:19 pm Shoemaker with 148 yds on 18 carries 3 TD’s and 1 INT returned for TD
Shanks 12 for 18 166 yds and 1 TD
Will Futhey 4 receptions for 89 yds and 1 TD
Left with a knee injury in the 3rd, seen him on the sidelines walking around, is he going to be ok??

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:37 pm
Whoops.

WHSgrad2000
Riding the Bench

Post by WHSgrad2000 »

So when does the OHSAA announce Week 12 sites?
Does Lancaster have a turf field?
Chillicothe's new stadium is a very nice facility I would like to see a playoff game there.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Figured Gallia would be too physical , i owe an apology to waverly

Return to “Football”