SCOL Expanding?

bman
SEO

Re: SCOL Expanding?

Post by bman »

Don't think perennial regional finalist Clinton-Massie, with two recent state championship trophies in the case, is afraid of Jackson. Chillicothe plays Jackson right now. Miami Trace normally plays a good non-league schedule.

Some of the smaller schools might be afraid of Jackson, but the top half of the league can usually ball.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Yep that why the scol is a sought after league for Jackson
I think he's referring to the local conferences

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

To me it would be an honor to bang heads with Clinton Massie and chilly each season

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

hannancoach wrote:Contact the mayor of Ashton to come to the meeting. We would like to apply
Maybe he can ride to the meeting with the mayor of Jackson? If neither gets in they can team up to write an insulting letter to the SCOL school administrators. :mrgreen:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Binary wrote:
hannancoach wrote:Contact the mayor of Ashton to come to the meeting. We would like to apply
Maybe he can ride to the meeting with the mayor of Jackson? If neither gets in they can team up to write an insulting letter to the SCOL school administrators. :mrgreen:
And let the Jackson insults begin

Thanks for being the first one

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

Sorry Poo Bear I already did and yes I was referring to the local conference's around here.The truth hurts sometimes.!!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Jackson rules the SEOAL in football they would over in the SCOL. Travel time is not as hurtful to say .....we do not want to loss to Jackson.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

One solution I see for Jackson is joining the SOC-2 if Waverly moves to the SVC. Of course that is only in the dream world of Don Quixote. The other alternative to conferences is district scheduling as in Kentucky.

Side question. What is keeping Jackson's (or Logan's for that matter) enrollment up into D-3 or D-2 range. Almost every district in SEOPreps land has dropped a division or two in size over the years as population and jobs dwindle in Appalachia. Why have these districts bucked the dwindling enrollment trend?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

The SOC won't let Jackson in,done tried. Male enrollment at Jackson is 291, puts them in D3 , cutoff for D4 is 257.Those are 2014-2015 OHSAA numbers, I think a another evaluation will be done for 2016-2017 season.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If the TVC won't go to a 3 division conference it would be an insult for Jackson to go else where.

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

Yea and it would be an insult if the TVC,wouldn't add a bigger division!!

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Omega wrote:One solution I see for Jackson is joining the SOC-2 if Waverly moves to the SVC. Of course that is only in the dream world of Don Quixote. The other alternative to conferences is district scheduling as in Kentucky.

Side question. What is keeping Jackson's (or Logan's for that matter) enrollment up into D-3 or D-2 range. Almost every district in SEOPreps land has dropped a division or two in size over the years as population and jobs dwindle in Appalachia. Why have these districts bucked the dwindling enrollment trend?
Honestly, I think Kentucky should go to conferences like Ohio and West Virginia, and also allow 16 teams into their playoffs per division and start their season when Ohio and West Virginia starts theirs (their scheduling and playoff would actually be the same as West Virginia); maybe even go down to 5 football divisions rather than 6. Just my opinion on improving their football lol but now I'm way off topic.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

GoBucks1047 wrote:
Omega wrote:One solution I see for Jackson is joining the SOC-2 if Waverly moves to the SVC. Of course that is only in the dream world of Don Quixote. The other alternative to conferences is district scheduling as in Kentucky.

Honestly, I think Kentucky should go to conferences like Ohio and West Virginia, and also allow 16 teams into their playoffs per division and start their season when Ohio and West Virginia starts theirs (their scheduling and playoff would actually be the same as West Virginia); maybe even go down to 5 football divisions rather than 6. Just my opinion on improving their football lol but now I'm way off topic.
That is one angle to consider. Nothing wrong with thinking outside of the box.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

There was some talk on another site about there being some possible changes within the MSL Buckeye and Ohio that might cause a few of their members to consider looking to the SCOL.

Specifically Teays Valley, Cirleville and Logan Elm, although it was simply speculation that they may consider a move, but with the SCOL very publicly saying they are looking to expand anything is possible. That would create a scenario where Chillicothe, WCH, Circleville, TV and LE would be in there bigger school grouping and also perhaps help out the travel as Chillicothe is the furthest east team in the SCOL now.

Maybe bman can comment on anything he has heard with that respect.

If that is indeed the case maybe and just maybe that would swing the door open a tiny bit for Jackson, as travel basically becomes a 23/35 event with the longest drive being in the 70 minute timeframe probably.

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

This could be interesting for Jackson and the SCOL, but Jackson should also pay attention to what's occurring in the MSAC, Parkersburg, and Point Pleasant before making a move. There could see an SEOAL revival if a few of the cards work out right in the near future.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

Unioto would/should would be the perfect fit. Big fish small pond, can you say Athens, Logan, Western Brown ? Some enjoy that..but not the way to move a program forward

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Any school that joins the SCOL will have to be in a certain traveling distance.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

As a poster from Unioto, I can say that I would love to see my Shermans' head to the SCOL. We aren't dropping down anytime soon and it is the best way to move forward in all sports. The only sport that wouldn't be better for that move is football, which may be a reason why we aren't considering making the move? I'm honestly not sure what the overall reason would be. We are dominating in nearly every sport besides football and currently, baseball (and girls' basketball for this season)

I will throw out this as a possible reason: travel. As of now, Unioto's longest in conference road trip is 30 minutes or 26 miles, making all trips really short and easy for games during the week. Just looking at basketball, the gym is always packed and we have an excellent following on the road as well, so money could be a factor as well. I want to see the SVC expand to 10 schools and split into 2 divisions. Waverly would be ideal for that, but I'm not sure who the best other would be.

I'll say it once again, I want to see Unioto make the move to the SCOL, but financially, I can see it being better to stay pat in the SVC.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

If the svc expanded, I wonder if they would contact VC?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I think Unioto should stay where they are at.

Don't follow all of their sports, but they don't rule in football and some teams are competing with them in track/field.

Return to “Football”