September 8, 2023 Belpre 6 - 47 Waterford

Willisstarchersdad
Waterboy

Re: September 8, 2023 Belpre 6 - 47 Waterford

Post by Willisstarchersdad »

I don't think some of you know what you are talking about. I know the game of football very well. I played for 13 years. Did you? I coached. Did you? Jimmy Bell TOLD them he wasn't a football coach and had zero experience and they begged him into the job anyway. This coach Welsh is a complete mess. When have you ever heard of a coach teaching their players to tackle at the shoulder pad level? He sure does. He isn't doing what's best for the team. He is trying to groom freshmen and sophomore player for the future. Well high school football isn't that way. The current seniors should take precedent. It's their year. But he doesn't see it that way. The character of the players has diminished since he came there. (Leadership shown by his refusal to even shake the Warren coaches hands after the game) and the negativity is obvious. I have 2 boys who play on the team so I know what I'm talking about. Jimmy sure wasn't a football coach but he was a great influence. Welsh is neither. And Jimmie record of 2-17....isn't Welsh like 4-31? He is a proven loser and Belpre deserves better. At least the kids do. So we will see ya next week when calwell hangs an 80- 0 on them at home (if they have a home). Oh and they are down to 17 players with 5 more wanting to quit right now. Go Eagles!!!!!!!

Willisstarchersdad
Waterboy

I don't think some of you know what you are talking about. I know the game of football very well. I played for 13 years. Did you? I coached. Did you? Jimmy Bell TOLD them he wasn't a football coach and had zero experience and they begged him into the job anyway. This coach Welsh is a complete mess. When have you ever heard of a coach teaching their players to tackle at the shoulder pad level? He sure does. He isn't doing what's best for the team. He is trying to groom freshmen and sophomore player for the future. Well high school football isn't that way. The current seniors should take precedent. It's their year. But he doesn't see it that way. The character of the players has diminished since he came there. (Leadership shown by his refusal to even shake the Warren coaches hands after the game) and the negativity is obvious. I have 2 boys who play on the team so I know what I'm talking about. Jimmy sure wasn't a football coach but he was a great influence. Welsh is neither. And Jimmie record of 2-17....isn't Welsh like 4-31? He is a proven loser and Belpre deserves better. At least the kids do. So we will see ya next week when calwell hangs an 80- 0 on them at home (if they have a home). Oh and they are down to 17 players with 5 more wanting to quit right now. Go Eagles!!!!!!!

Willisstarchersdad
Waterboy

This , "let the seniors do whatever for the team" crap is just that. CRAP! I watched coach devul (spelling may be wrong) set underclassmen who were better players than seniors because he knew the deal. It's seniors who should run the team. It's seniors who should be in skilled positions. This is their last year. They are not stepping stones for underclassmen. Willis starcher has more passing yards in a half of a game than the QB they choose, and with the same offensive line. It simply isn't giving the team the best chance to win now. Many coaches agree. When your QB has more interceptionsnthan completed passes you have a big problem. Either change to a superior player or run the darn ball. And you guys call that good coaching and moving in the right direction lol. You live in a wanna be fantasy world. And receivers can't catch when the ball is thrown 10 years over head. Go back and watch the tape like I do before you even waste everyone's time with inadequate responses please. TAPE DOESNT LIE!!!!! BUT TELLING OLAYERS TO TACKLE HICH AT SHOULDER PAD LEVEL SURE IS LOL.

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

Hey dad, if you know so much then why didn't you apply for the job?

96Champ
Riding the Bench

Post by 96Champ »

BJCassady wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:56 pm Hey dad, if you know so much then why didn't you apply for the job?
Everyone is a coach didn't you know...lol

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Well, I can say this. I have watched Belpre last three years. And yes I have experience decades of it. Watched the LB’s who were supposed to be blitzing, simply run into offensive players, not going through the hole and headhunting, head down not looking for ball carrier. Waterford defeated the blitz without doing anything. Many aspects of game are not there, Watched Belpre last two years, what a mess. Football is a process, players have little knowledge of the process and tend to go back to doing their own thing. The game is very different, new rules what was legal then illegal today. And vise versa. Holding is plainly visible on almost every play today. Basic game is much different today. Lord give the coaches a chance. The program they willingly walked into is a mess, especially last two years. Kids simply would not play for previous coach because of him. Numbers consistently dropped. It does not matter who Belpre brought in to coach. Nick Sabin would give you no different results. No one can turn this team around in their first year, no one. Not with what was left them. The culture of team has to change. Change does not happen overnight, Give credit to those who are going out there and giving their best every Friday night, the kids. Time, time, time is what it will take. Know a lot of people in Belpre, talked with many of them, many former players, they support staff and what they are trying to do.I have not posted in years and this is my last response about this. Everyone can have their own opinion, I have mine and you have yours. But for anyone to just get on a public forum and create turmoil, is just people today, I guess. Here’s a thought, why don’t you schedule a time to meet with the coach and the AD can be there and meet face to face, air you issues. Maybe, just, maybe you will get the answers you are looking for, help be a solution, or offer you vast experience. Well anyway, wish the Eagles the best, hang in and believe in the process. So many freshmen being force into action, is tough at any HS in America. Don’t be a Cancer, be a Healer.

Willisstarchersdad
Waterboy

This all sounds good, but it's easy to talk when you don't know what's going on. Everyone wants to blame Jimmy Bell lol. I was his harshest critic. Hell we almost come to blows. But he was not the problem. The problem is people trying to settle for mediocrity while giving their friends a chance to coach at OUR children's expense. Those of us with kids actually on the team know better. And a c
Face to face with welsh would be great, but he has a no approach policy. There is more to football than x's and o's. Character matters. And when you have players on the bench who show up and work every practice and are SENIORS and are actually better players (Thomas Green comes to mind) then there is a problem. It's the seniors team. That's just the way of things. But when freshman are starting over seniors you have poor leadership across the board. It's clear he is grooming for tomorrow at the expense of the seniors. Plain as day. So why the hell should anyone give a crap about the future of the program when they don't care about the ones who have kept them going? Taken all the beatings? The blood sweat and tears? You people live in a fantasy. Did any of you even play football? Coach football? If not your opinion is worthless. You don't know what it's like. YOU are the cancer. The solution is getting competent honest leadership. Which they do not have. I'll be at practice Monday with my boys if anyone want to discuss.

Willisstarchersdad
Waterboy

I'm sorry if coach welsh friends get their feelings hurt and want to private message me crying. I assumed this was an adult discussion forum about the state of area high school football? I have never spoken out and my boys have played since pee wee. But this is their senior year and alit of senior parents are unhappy. It's not about winning every game. It's about doing the right thing bye the players. I understand alot of you don't have kids in high school football programs. But if ypu did maybe you would have a different perspective. Do I care about the future of Belpre football? No. Never played there and to be honest it's not important in the larger scheme of things. It's a sport lol. What is important is the future and present well being of the players. The team is just a mechanism. An outlet. So get over yourself. I'm venting my frustration and it has nothing to do with the opinion of anyone other than myself. Sometimes you have to stand for something or you will fall for anything. So stop private messaging with your boo hoo stories. If you want my phone number just ask.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

Willisstarchersdad wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:28 am This , "let the seniors do whatever for the team" crap is just that. CRAP! I watched coach devul (spelling may be wrong) set underclassmen who were better players than seniors because he knew the deal. It's seniors who should run the team. It's seniors who should be in skilled positions. This is their last year. They are not stepping stones for underclassmen. Willis starcher has more passing yards in a half of a game than the QB they choose, and with the same offensive line. It simply isn't giving the team the best chance to win now. Many coaches agree. When your QB has more interceptionsnthan completed passes you have a big problem. Either change to a superior player or run the darn ball. And you guys call that good coaching and moving in the right direction lol. You live in a wanna be fantasy world. And receivers can't catch when the ball is thrown 10 years over head. Go back and watch the tape like I do before you even waste everyone's time with inadequate responses please. TAPE DOESNT LIE!!!!! BUT TELLING OLAYERS TO TACKLE HICH AT SHOULDER PAD LEVEL SURE IS LOL.

Are you talking about the hudl highlight video of your QB running against Warren’s 3rd team down 60-0 or the highlight film of your QB playing against Fort Frye this year? I’m confused

raindelay
Riding the Bench

Post by raindelay »

This is sad. Going on a message board and spouting off about your kid does nothing other than probably embarrass him.

Willisstarchersdad
Waterboy

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:03 pm
Willisstarchersdad wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:28 am This , "let the seniors do whatever for the team" crap is just that. CRAP! I watched coach devul (spelling may be wrong) set underclassmen who were better players than seniors because he knew the deal. It's seniors who should run the team. It's seniors who should be in skilled positions. This is their last year. They are not stepping stones for underclassmen. Willis starcher has more passing yards in a half of a game than the QB they choose, and with the same offensive line. It simply isn't giving the team the best chance to win now. Many coaches agree. When your QB has more interceptionsnthan completed passes you have a big problem. Either change to a superior player or run the darn ball. And you guys call that good coaching and moving in the right direction lol. You live in a wanna be fantasy world. And receivers can't catch when the ball is thrown 10 years over head. Go back and watch the tape like I do before you even waste everyone's time with inadequate responses please. TAPE DOESNT LIE!!!!! BUT TELLING OLAYERS TO TACKLE HICH AT SHOULDER PAD LEVEL SURE IS LOL.

Are you talking about the hudl highlight video of your QB running against Warren’s 3rd team down 60-0 or the highlight film of your QB playing against Fort Frye this year? I’m confused
No I'm talking about when he played QB an actual full season. He won championships at younger level at QB with alot of the same kids. How about 2 years ago when he was the starter and threw for over 2k yards 20+ touchdowns and ran for over 1k yards? Current Qb has never scored and doesn't have 200 yards passing or rushing in 2 years. You have to be joking.

Willisstarchersdad
Waterboy

raindelay wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:23 pm This is sad. Going on a message board and spouting off about your kid does nothing other than probably embarrass him.

Not at all. What is embarrassing is Belpre continuing to hire the worst possible candidates. Everyone knows kw is not a football coach nor is he a mentor. I'm sorry if the truth hurts his friends. But the facts speak for themselves.

Willisstarchersdad
Waterboy

BJCassady wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:56 pm Hey dad, if you know so much then why didn't you apply for the job?

Because Belrpe chooses the worst and cheapest candidate they can find. Alot of good young coaches applied and they hired this mook

Willisstarchersdad
Waterboy

96Champ wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:13 pm
Everyone is a coach didn't you know...lol

Riding the bench says it all lol. Did you Even play football? If you did you would see clearly what's happening. A coach trying to force a system on players who don't have the skill level to run it. It's a crap offense anyway that jet sweep/wing T hybrid garbage. They have more rising yards east and west than north and south. You position the players according to their strengths and develope annoffensive game plan that works. Do you disagree bench rider?

raindelay
Riding the Bench

Post by raindelay »

Willisstarchersdad wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:13 pm
raindelay wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:23 pm This is sad. Going on a message board and spouting off about your kid does nothing other than probably embarrass him.

Not at all. What is embarrassing is Belpre continuing to hire the worst possible candidates. Everyone knows kw is not a football coach nor is he a mentor. I'm sorry if the truth hurts his friends. But the facts speak for themselves.

I bet you still wear your letter jacket don’t you squidward.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

Willisstarchersdad wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:11 pm
Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:03 pm

No I'm talking about when he played QB an actual full season. He won championships at younger level at QB with alot of the same kids. How about 2 years ago when he was the starter and threw for over 2k yards 20+ touchdowns and ran for over 1k yards? Current Qb has never scored and doesn't have 200 yards passing or rushing in 2 years. You have to be joking.
Pretty impressive for a TEAM who finished 2-8. He was throwing the ball to 19 year olds who transferred from Parkersburg and were ineligible. Wonder why the old coach is gone? When the selfishness at Belpre leaves, the wins will start coming.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Willisstarchersdad wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:15 pm

Because Belrpe chooses the worst and cheapest candidate they can find. Alot of good young coaches applied and they hired this mook
I’m just glad he’s your problem and not Eastern’s. Been there done that. No thanks.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
trampoline
Riding the Bench

Post by trampoline »

Willisstarchersdad wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:37 pm This all sounds good, but it's easy to talk when you don't know what's going on. Everyone wants to blame Jimmy Bell lol. I was his harshest critic. Hell we almost come to blows. But he was not the problem. The problem is people trying to settle for mediocrity while giving their friends a chance to coach at OUR children's expense. Those of us with kids actually on the team know better. And a c
Face to face with welsh would be great, but he has a no approach policy. There is more to football than x's and o's. Character matters. And when you have players on the bench who show up and work every practice and are SENIORS and are actually better players (Thomas Green comes to mind) then there is a problem. It's the seniors team. That's just the way of things. But when freshman are starting over seniors you have poor leadership across the board. It's clear he is grooming for tomorrow at the expense of the seniors. Plain as day. So why the hell should anyone give a crap about the future of the program when they don't care about the ones who have kept them going? Taken all the beatings? The blood sweat and tears? You people live in a fantasy. Did any of you even play football? Coach football? If not your opinion is worthless. You don't know what it's like. YOU are the cancer. The solution is getting competent honest leadership. Which they do not have. I'll be at practice Monday with my boys if anyone want to discuss.
WHAT A CIRCUS!

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

trampoline wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:00 am
Willisstarchersdad wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:37 pm This all sounds good, but it's easy to talk when you don't know what's going on. Everyone wants to blame Jimmy Bell lol. I was his harshest critic. Hell we almost come to blows. But he was not the problem. The problem is people trying to settle for mediocrity while giving their friends a chance to coach at OUR children's expense. Those of us with kids actually on the team know better. And a c
WHAT A CIRCUS!
Wanna see a real CIRCUS. Travel north on SR 339 to Barlow.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Sing it bro. Multiple quality candidates applied for the job the past few times it’s been open. But for whatever reasons the powers that be keep making head scratcher hires. And that’s why Belpre has continued to be a doormat.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.

Return to “Football”