Best way for kids to get noticed? Recruiter? Coach? Luck?

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Best way for kids to get noticed? Recruiter? Coach? Luck?

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:52 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:44 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:40 am

Jackson coaches do a phenomenal job of getting kids who want to play football after high school seen. Wolford has many D1 offers already .
Outside of Wolford and Winters who else have they helped get to the next level and where are they at? Are they getting full scholarships or partials? Curious because I know certain schools say they have this person with a scholarship offer but leaving out the fact it's not a full-ride.
You want to know everyone who has played college football under the current staff ? I don’t know each player’s specifics , that’s not anyone’s business.
Nah trying to figure out outside of those 2 what others have gone here recently. Not sure of the that's not anyone's business remark, you sending them to a secret underground college.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:22 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:44 am

Outside of Wolford and Winters who else have they helped get to the next level and where are they at? Are they getting full scholarships or partials? Curious because I know certain schools say they have this person with a scholarship offer but leaving out the fact it's not a full-ride.
You want to know everyone who has played college football under the current staff ? I don’t know each player’s specifics , that’s not anyone’s business.
Nah trying to figure out outside of those 2 what others have gone here recently. Not sure of the that's not anyone's business remark, you sending them to a secret underground college.
If a player gets a full ride athletic scholarship or partial athletic and academics , or walk-on , or whatever why does that matter ? You think Universities are going to bring a player into their program without even consulting their previous coaching staff? I would be surprised if that’s the case.

If each college players contract is public knowledge then you Google it and share it on here.

OhioValleyPreps
Waterboy

Post by OhioValleyPreps »

Social media and camps other than performing on the field

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Unfortunately College Coaches do not think much of the competition level in the area. You have to be off the charts good, or they aren’t taking a chance.

Really doesn’t do you any good to go to camps if the coaches do not know you’re coming.

Other poster hit it on the head. Use Social Media to the fullest and get your film out there.

Ironton has done a good job of getting guys looks, but a lot of those are walkons that they make look like scholarships. They need to have some of these guys start panning out at the college level or coaches are gonna quit listening to them as well

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:21 pm Unfortunately College Coaches do not think much of the competition level in the area. You have to be off the charts good, or they aren’t taking a chance.

Really doesn’t do you any good to go to camps if the coaches do not know you’re coming.

Other poster hit it on the head. Use Social Media to the fullest and get your film out there.

Ironton has done a good job of getting guys looks, but a lot of those are walkons that they make look like scholarships. They need to have some of these guys start panning out at the college level or coaches are gonna quit listening to them as well
Well said.

SEO is made up of smaller schools, and smaller Ohio schools don’t attract a lot of college interest. Not even Kirtland and the mighty MAC. Rare that these schools have top notch D1 talent, and rarer still that this talent can adjust to major college football.

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

All of the above... even a service can help, but finding a reputable one is key..and also the trick. That said, if a kid can play..they'll find him. Film, camps, presence on social media....are all big parts but the kid has to want it...be a stud, be self motivated hard workers, they have to have the ability to accept criticism, wanna soak up all the information they can, be able to self evaluate and know what they don't know.. then..their attitude and behavior have to be great..the grades and test scores right..avoid teen pitfalls and stay healthy..
..lol. but one piece of advice that I always push...FIT..FIT....FIT.... make sure it's great..don't let mommy an daddy or handler or service get ya in over your head... power 5 is for monsters....aim high..have big expectations..but actual fit should be a huge consideration.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:21 pm Unfortunately College Coaches do not think much of the competition level in the area. You have to be off the charts good, or they aren’t taking a chance.

Salyers
Carrico
Perkins
Carter
Keyes
Patterson
Duncan

Signed LOI for full scholarship.

Pittman
Terry
Thacker
Gossett

Have scholarship offers
These are all the Full scholarship kids I know for sure. The others may be walk ons. Everything I’ve seen from Ironton posted says If kid is full scholarship or PWO when it’s posted.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

XandOs wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:45 am

Salyers
Carrico
Perkins
Carter
Keyes
Patterson
Duncan

Signed LOI for full scholarship.

Pittman
Terry
Thacker
Gossett

Have scholarship offers
These are all the Full scholarship kids I know for sure. The others may be walk ons. Everything I’ve seen from Ironton posted says If kid is full scholarship or PWO when it’s posted.
You are correct, there will be a couple more full rides, other than the ones that you listed after this season.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:03 am

If a player gets a full ride athletic scholarship or partial athletic and academics , or walk-on , or whatever why does that matter ? You think Universities are going to bring a player into their program without even consulting their previous coaching staff? I would be surprised if that’s the case.

If each college players contract is public knowledge then you Google it and share it on here.
Well you mentioned the coaches doing an excellent job of bringing in college coaches and helping players but if they're just simply fielding calls from coaches looking at a particular player not really helping much if that's the case. I mean you yourself said go to Ironton which I guess outside of social media might be the best answer since they're really getting their kids put on display. Some coaches have the connections and the time to put in to push players they seem to have that really working for them at the moment.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:48 pm

Well you mentioned the coaches doing an excellent job of bringing in college coaches and helping players but if they're just simply fielding calls from coaches looking at a particular player not really helping much if that's the case. I mean you yourself said go to Ironton which I guess outside of social media might be the best answer since they're really getting their kids put on display. Some coaches have the connections and the time to put in to push players they seem to have that really working for them at the moment.

REAGAN WILLIAMS - STANFORD
AUSTIN OSBORNE - OHIO DOMINICAN
ELIJAH WOOLUM- AIR FORCE ACADEMY
ETHAN QUINN- OHIO DOMINICAN
TREYLAN DAVIS - WEST VIRGINIA
JACOB WINTERS - OHIO UNIVERSITY
XANDER KERIGOSIAN- OHIO UNIVERSITY
JAYDEN SPIRES - OHIO UNIVERSITY
GRANT MASTIN - TEXAS CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY
TYLER JEFFERS - WITTENBERG UNIVERSITY
BRYCE HALL- OTTERBEIN UNIVERSITY
DREW ERVIN- OTTERBEIN UNIVERISTY
BLAKE MCCOY - OTTERBEIN UNIVERISTY
MATTHEW HUMPHREYS - ROBERT MORRIS
CODY ROSEBERRY- UNIVERSITY OF INDIANAPOLIS
CHUCKY MORRIS - ROBERT MORRIS
MICHEAL BENSON- ROBERT MORRIS
JAKE WOOD - ST. JOSEPH UNIVERSITY
TRENT EVANS - MOOREHEAD STATE UNIVERSITY

I know I’m forgetting some.

I know coach hall has a meeting with every senior who may be interested in playing college football and gives them the rundown of how to proceed.

I would say Jackson staff is helping kids who want to play after high school.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:22 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:48 pm

REAGAN WILLIAMS - STANFORD
AUSTIN OSBORNE - OHIO DOMINICAN
ELIJAH WOOLUM- AIR FORCE ACADEMY
ETHAN QUINN- OHIO DOMINICAN
TREYLAN DAVIS - WEST VIRGINIA
JACOB WINTERS - OHIO UNIVERSITY
XANDER KERIGOSIAN- OHIO UNIVERSITY
JAYDEN SPIRES - OHIO UNIVERSITY
GRANT MASTIN - TEXAS CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY
TYLER JEFFERS - WITTENBERG UNIVERSITY
BRYCE HALL- OTTERBEIN UNIVERSITY
DREW ERVIN- OTTERBEIN UNIVERISTY
BLAKE MCCOY - OTTERBEIN UNIVERISTY
MATTHEW HUMPHREYS - ROBERT MORRIS
CODY ROSEBERRY- UNIVERSITY OF INDIANAPOLIS
CHUCKY MORRIS - ROBERT MORRIS
MICHEAL BENSON- ROBERT MORRIS
JAKE WOOD - ST. JOSEPH UNIVERSITY
TRENT EVANS - MOOREHEAD STATE UNIVERSITY

I know I’m forgetting some.

I know coach hall has a meeting with every senior who may be interested in playing college football and gives them the rundown of how to proceed.

I would say Jackson staff is helping kids who want to play after high school.
I agree, looks like they’re doing a great job at Jackson too.

Return to “Football”