Region Chip #2 13-0 Harvest Prep vs. #1 13-0 Ironton

Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: #2 Canal Winchester Harvest Prep -V- # 1IronTon

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Good luck Ironton!!! Should be a great game and I feel like you should win it.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

We know HP has speed, but will they be able to match Ironton physically? Several post tonight mentioned that HP struggled with Burg's rushing attack, and that right there may be the difference in this next game.

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

Going with Prep. After the coaching staff made the halftime adjustments Berg didn’t score on the 2nd half! Cut out the turn overs and Prep be fine!
30 Prep
21 Ironton

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I think it’s a close game but not sure either can beat a germantown valley view, liberty center or south range. And I hope Chillicothe I like the facility.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

Good luck Ironton! And I’m about done with this site because of the childish ass posters on here. I’m not from Ironton or Burg but I will root for the local teams to win a state championship.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:35 pm
HomeGrown wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:33 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:28 pm Well, once again the dumbass speedkilz takes over a thread and his penis envy of the Burg takes over a thread not even about the Burg!!

I’d hate to see his computer and his desk and chair!! Has to be a mess since Burg lost tonight!!!

You got to ‘hand’ it to him. He’s the best he’s ever had!!!
Unfortunate the burg offensive playbook wasnt as big as their fans imaginations. 😂

I don’t know about that. Just like last year HP left this game knowing they dodged a huge bullet.

Ironton got the matchup they wanted I guarantee you that.
lmfao! I guarantee you're wrong. :lol:

Trollcat1

Post by Trollcat1 »

frankie wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:24 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:35 pm
HomeGrown wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:33 pm

Unfortunate the burg offensive playbook wasnt as big as their fans imaginations. 😂

I don’t know about that. Just like last year HP left this game knowing they dodged a huge bullet.

Ironton got the matchup they wanted I guarantee you that.
lmfao! I guarantee you're wrong. :lol:
Why? Burg finished 2022 not even able to score a td on ironton. 😂😂

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Bring it to Waverly!!!

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

smurray wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:28 pm Bring it to Waverly!!!
With HP only having so many fans Waverly makes the most sense. Ironton is the higher seed anyways, plus will have 90% of the total fans. If OHSAA wants to make money they will give the fans a shorter drive.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironton HS to Waverly Downtown Athletic Facilty - 57 minutes (1 hr 18 minutes to Chillicothe)
Harvest Prep to Waverly Downtown Athletic Facility - 1 hr 7 minutes (55 minutes to Chillicothe Stadium)

Travel time is a wash... but Waverly would be closer to equal.
Plenty of parking at Waverly and easier to get in and out of right on Rt 23..

Try out the new Brass Monkey

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Good luck Ironton

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:10 pm I think it’s a close game but not sure either can beat a germantown valley view, liberty center or south range. And I hope Chillicothe I like the facility.
Valley View loses next round. Southrange and Liberty Center along with Milton Union are loaded.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Should be playing in Ptown again but it'll probably be played up North. Jackson wouldn't be a bad place to play either.

BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:10 pm I think it’s a close game but not sure either can beat a germantown valley view, liberty center or south range. And I hope Chillicothe I like the facility.
I don’t know much about Liberty Center or South Range but I don’t think Germantown Valley View will win their region. They have 2 play Milton-Union 13-0 who have Valley Veiw 12-1 their only loss by 2 scores. I do remember the 2 years Ironton lost 2 Kirtland, South Range also lost to them but played them better than most did during those playoff runs.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Best wishes to the players

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

IMO, Ironton is much more of a complete team now than they were in week 1. Their passing game has greatly improved and they have developed even more kids at the skill positions.

I think Keyes will probably get more carries if needed in this game vs HP but Ironton also has 3 other backs that are more than capable to carry the rock.

Not a jab against Burg, but if Burg was able to pound the ball on HP, Ironton should be able to have a lot of success running the ball as long as they don't have turnovers. And I just see Irontons passing game much much better than Burgs right now.

Too bad Burg fell short last night. All of SEO was wanting to see a rematch for the R19 final.

I like Ironton in this one by 10-14.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Ironton 27
Prep 17

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I still have harvest prep as my state champion pick. Burg played like burg, gave them all they wanted. Harvest prep against not very disciplined but they are all athletes and super fast. Burg took advantage of three prep turnovers. Had a great game plan against them but I think harvest preps athleticism was hard to match.

Strengths of prep: pass defense, pursuit to the football, and more physical than last year. Offensively very fast to the edge, qb is fast, will run the wildcat effectively

Weakness: Extra points, QB accuracy. Offensive line takes plays off. Offense doesn’t get set, false starts

Ironton can win, if they can sustain drives running the ball. Ironton passing won’t get it done. They are too fast and quick in the secondary. Short passes could be effective though. Defensively same thing for Ironton. Limited the big play. Prep will have stupid penalties so their will be opportunities for them to be in long down and distances.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Sounds to me like you set those edges and load the box otherwise, daring them to throw. Or you play base and live with the 5-7 yard carries and force them to go 12-14 plays without making a mistake to score.

Ironton’s low key weakness all year has been running the ball. Sounded like Wheelersburg had some success there, but that’s their strength, so not sure that means Ironton will find the same success. I think Ironton can pass against anybody, but will have to give Carpenter time. He’s athletic enough, but in this game he’s not running away from anybody.

Funny to think in this game of athletes all over the field from both teams that Ironton’s girls basketball point guard could be the difference. But stuff a few 2 point tries and a 3 touchdown vs. 3 touchdown game could be won 21-20.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:00 am Sounds to me like you set those edges and load the box otherwise, daring them to throw. Or you play base and live with the 5-7 yard carries and force them to go 12-14 plays without making a mistake to score.

Ironton’s low key weakness all year has been running the ball. Sounded like Wheelersburg had some success there, but that’s their strength, so not sure that means Ironton will find the same success. I think Ironton can pass against anybody, but will have to give Carpenter time. He’s athletic enough, but in this game he’s not running away from anybody.

Funny to think in this game of athletes all over the field from both teams that Ironton’s girls basketball point guard could be the difference. But stuff a few 2 point tries and a 3 touchdown vs. 3 touchdown game could be won 21-20.
Burg did have some success running the ball early but prep brought more in the box. Their run defense is better than one would think because of their speed.

I think Ironton struggles with the deep ball against prep but I think they can find something in the zone area. If Ironton QB can have time, he will be able to hit that second read but another receiver will have to step up. Can’t just be Perkins.

Return to “Football”