Portsmouth West 41 - 0 Adena 2022

SiderBlood
All Conference

Re: WK3 Adena @ Portsmouth West

Post by SiderBlood »

MrPerfect wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:22 pm Good programs make sure they have kickers coming up through the program, because of their importance at the varsity level. If I had a kick playing football he would be kicking. One thing that Sissel can improve on is his vision running and looking to cut back.
I couldn't agree more

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Siderhawk
Waterboy

Post by Siderhawk »

I don't get to many games anymore, but I do listen to & read about all of them. Why can't the football coach just go to the soccer coach and say...I need your best kicker...he won't have to miss any soccer practices or games...I just need him on Friday nights! I would think there would be several soccer players that could & would love to kick extra points & kick-offs for the football team??

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

PW running clock over Adena

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Siderhawk wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:51 pm I don't get to many games anymore, but I do listen to & read about all of them. Why can't the football coach just go to the soccer coach and say...I need your best kicker...he won't have to miss any soccer practices or games...I just need him on Friday nights! I would think there would be several soccer players that could & would love to kick extra points & kick-offs for the football team??
Have you watched your soccer team? Not trying to be mean. Wheelersburg beat them 14-1 and was being generous to them. I didn't see a single soccer player on the field that would be a better kicker than any athlete on West's football team.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Siderhawk
Waterboy

Post by Siderhawk »

Lol....no, I had no clue about the soccer team...it's all coming together now though...that pretty much answers my question...smh....thanks bballjunkky81.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

First game back at the Rock in 2 years. Drove down just a little bit ago and it really is a beautiful campus. The field looks amazing. Love the addition at the West end zone. Called the Grove of Champions. They added Maple trees in honor of each SOC championship throughout the years with a large engraved rock and a nice little quote. New tennis courts are very sharp. The weight room and facility is top notch. If you take a cecond to look around at the river and surrounding hills you realize what you take for granted everyday. Definitely one if the nicer campuses you will find in Southern Ohio. Excited to see these young men get to play and hopefully the stands are packed and loud. Go Siders

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Slow start but got things clicking after the half. Started wearing them down. Got the feeling we could have thrown for record numbers tonight. Some of the most wide open receivers I've ever seen. The line gave Irwin all kinds of time to throw and he looked very impressive besides one bad decision before half. Run blocking needs improvement. Making it way too hard on Sissel. Can't say enough good things about our defense. They bent a few times but did not break, made big plays when they needed them most. Bishop made some very electric plays and could be a very big threat down the field. Fans filled the stands and it was great to be back at The Rock.

I'd like to see us get up early next week and then relax. I dont think it's going to be very competitive, Wellston football program is not in good shape right now.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

RelaxGoat wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:49 pm Adena has no coaching. West big for the win.
Do you not like Shane Wellman or was that just a random observation? Just curious.

Sportsnut123
Waterboy

Post by Sportsnut123 »

I have no idea what his coaching is like, but from things I’ve heard from the boys things he said and did before the game and on the field during the game sounds like his self discipline is trash. I hope this team is not on West schedule next year for multiple reasons.

Sportsnut123
Waterboy

Post by Sportsnut123 »

I have no idea what his coaching is like, but from things I’ve heard from the boys things he said and did before the game and on the field during the game sounds like his self discipline is trash. I hope this team is not on West schedule next year for multiple reasons.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:11 am
RelaxGoat wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:49 pm Adena has no coaching. West big for the win.
Do you not like Shane Wellman or was that just a random observation? Just curious.
Nothing against him. I was thinking of a different coach. My mistake.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Adena should never be on West’s schedule in Football.

WWE HALL OF FAME

Return to “Football”