What Schools Over/Under Performed?

Kirtland80
All State

Re: What Schools Over/Under Performed?

Post by Kirtland80 »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:41 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:35 am Mentor Lake Catholic. Doubted by many all year long. Been underrated all year long. Been underdogs pretty much every game they have played and are in the D4 state semifinals as a #12 seed. I kept telling everyone that was our best win so far this year. Many agree now

Cuyahoga , Lake , Astbula , Erie, Stark , Sunmit, Portage counties don’t count on this forum.......😂
Why not? Never a bad thing to become familiar with more teams. I keep up with them statewide

6O HORN3TS 🐝
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Well, Raider always tells us how good everyone is. I’d say Athens underachieving has to rank up there. Warren definitely over achieved this year. But all we hear about the Bulldog talent, they have been a let down.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:34 pm Well, Raider always tells us how good everyone is. I’d say Athens underachieving has to rank up there. Warren definitely over achieved this year. But all we hear about the Bulldog talent, they have been a let down.
They're waiting for some new blood in the coaching ranks at OU to replenish the talent as they do about once every 10 years or so.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:20 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:35 am Mentor Lake Catholic. Doubted by many all year long. Been underrated all year long. Been underdogs pretty much every game they have played and are in the D4 state semifinals as a #12 seed. I kept telling everyone that was our best win so far this year. Many agree now

Cuyahoga , Lake , Astbula , Erie, Stark , Sunmit, Portage counties don’t count on this forum.......😂
Why not? Never a bad thing to become familiar with more teams. I keep up with them statewide

No no no I was just goofing around my man. I meant nothing by that whatsoever. I lived in NEO for 4/5yrs. And feel very attached to that areas. My first football Friday night up there was awesome as I was introduced to blimps flying around from Cleveland to Canton covering markey spotlight games of high school football. Hey So please don’t take that the wrong way as I was making no derogatory remark about NEO....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I follow ALOT of teams up there. Even on over to the rust belt and some Youngstown teams as well. I once got confused on a thread over “Kirtland” and “Kirkland”.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:06 am

I follow ALOT of teams up there. Even on over to the rust belt and some Youngstown teams as well. I once got confused on a thread over “Kirtland” and “Kirkland”.
I think quite a few get confused. I see people type Kirkland all the time on threads lol. I did not take the earlier statement the wrong way. I had to include them though. They’ve been underdogs and picked against all season yet here they are. It will not surprise me if they advance to the finals. I think Van Wert is most people’s favorite but I don’t think it’s overwhelming. I wouldn’t sleep on lake Catholic if I were the remaining 3 teams. They were the #12 seed. Two #3’s and a #5 seed remain other than them

6O HORN3TS 🐝
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:42 am

I think quite a few get confused. I see people type Kirkland all the time on threads lol. I did not take the earlier statement the wrong way. I had to include them though. They’ve been underdogs and picked against all season yet here they are. It will not surprise me if they advance to the finals. I think Van Wert is most people’s favorite but I don’t think it’s overwhelming. I wouldn’t sleep on lake Catholic if I were the remaining 3 teams. They were the #12 seed. Two #3’s and a #5 seed remain other than them
Lake Catholic will be playing for a state title next week. They’ll beat BC this weekend.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:55 am

Lake Catholic will be playing for a state title next week. They’ll beat BC this weekend.
I agree with that. I like Lake in this one as well. Even though South Range was tough, I’d put Lake Catholic as our best win yet by far.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:03 am

I agree with that. I like Lake in this one as well. Even though South Range was tough, I’d put Lake Catholic as our best win yet by far.

Was that win against Lake Catholic early in the season?

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:06 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:03 am

Was that win against Lake Catholic early in the season?
Yepp. First game of the season. 31-15 was the final. They’ve only lost to us and Walsh Jesuit and Jesuit only lost to the best team in the state, Akron Archbishop Hoban, by 13. Lake is way better than they have been given credit for all season

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

The loss to Walsh was definitely expected and I don’t really think a loss to us would knock teams down to a 12 seed. They have just been underrated all year

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

I gotta add New Bremen in here now. I should have before now because they definitely belong. Parkway is now the only team in that entire conference without a state final appearance. That’s impressive!

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

They did just that. They are playing for a state title next week

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

Waterford. Underachievement. The team was loaded.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Stan Smith wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:44 am Waterford. Underachievement. The team was loaded.
I expected more from Waterford, too

Return to “Football”