Regional Semi: Wood (8-0) Burg (7-1)

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Re: Regional Semi: Wood (8-0) Burg (7-1)

Post by Raycharles »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:11 am
Raycharles wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:58 am Just don’t see how the lattimore kid is so good. If he was as good as you people say I feel that he would be in a lot more packages of burgs. When they need a yard and line up in I they have 13 running the ball I think. That says a lot about who the coaching staff can get that yard they need. But hey I guess they call me “Ray” for a reason.
Yeah, you are blind because it was 23, Swords who they kept putting in the back field last night. If they needed a yard I would be confident in giving it to Lattimore. Not a lot of holes opened last night for any of the Burg runners as that was one of the biggest D-lines they’ve played against, but they were able to get just enough yardage when they needed it.

13 put it on the ground twice last night and that can’t happen from here on out.
Hate to tell ya but if you struggled last night it’s not gonna be good this week...

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Raycharles wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:58 am Just don’t see how the lattimore kid is so good. If he was as good as you people say I feel that he would be in a lot more packages of burgs. When they need a yard and line up in I they have 13 running the ball I think. That says a lot about who the coaching staff can get that yard they need. But hey I guess they call me “Ray” for a reason.
They have multiple sets that rotate almost every single snap to keep players fresh. This also opens up different play styles in each unit giving them some sort of unexpectancy.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Tha Wood should win by 14

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Burg needs a total effort. They are playing good football at a good time. Would help if the breaks in the game went Burgs way Play-off football for sure is pickin up!!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

Liberty Union beat Ready in the regular season. They were probably the best O line the Wood has played against so far this year and had 2 solid backs. Liberty Union had a grand total of 11 yards against the Woods starters. Their only TD came because the Wood fumbled on the first play from scrimmage deep in their own territory. If Burg is able to line up and run the ball down the Woods throat then hats off to them, but I don’t see it happening.

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

Not the same team...Wood is hearing ya...not the same Wood team either, but tell yourselves whatever you have to feel warm and fuzzy. Respect all the way around from the Wood towards the Burg, one of best coached teams in small school football and tough kids who play the game right way. But I wouldn’t base anything off last year if I were a Burg fan.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

hammer89 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:23 pm Liberty Union beat Ready in the regular season. They were probably the best O line the Wood has played against so far this year and had 2 solid backs. Liberty Union had a grand total of 11 yards against the Woods starters. Their only TD came because the Wood fumbled on the first play from scrimmage deep in their own territory. If Burg is able to line up and run the ball down the Woods throat then hats off to them, but I don’t see it happening.
Burg and liberty union offense probably isn’t the same. Lattimore is really good, but he’s only part of the offense. Burg has quite a few skilled kids that can get chunks of yards. It’s hard to scheme against this team.

But I think the big overlook is how good burgs defense has been this year. They are very aggressive, which has cost them some big plays but overall they’ve done really well, better than expected I would think.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:27 pm Not the same team...Wood is hearing ya...not the same Wood team either, but tell yourselves whatever you have to feel warm and fuzzy. Respect all the way around from the Wood towards the Burg, one of best coached teams in small school football and tough kids who play the game right way. But I wouldn’t base anything off last year if I were a Burg fan.
Oh I would for burg. They are way better than last year. Doesn’t translate into beating wood but they are definitely equipped to do so.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

I'm gonna have to go with a final score of
Burg 34
Ridgewood 28

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

wobycat wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:33 pm
DaWoodSoldier wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:27 pm Not the same team...Wood is hearing ya...not the same Wood team either, but tell yourselves whatever you have to feel warm and fuzzy. Respect all the way around from the Wood towards the Burg, one of best coached teams in small school football and tough kids who play the game right way. But I wouldn’t base anything off last year if I were a Burg fan.
Oh I would for burg. They are way better than last year. Doesn’t translate into beating wood but they are definitely equipped to do so.
Still don’t see it AT all.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:51 pm I'm gonna have to go with a final score of
Burg 34
Ridgewood 28
That would be 27 more points than the Woods starters have given up all year, but good luck.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Win or lose, I think this will be a better game than last year. I believe the Pirates has what it takes to beat the Generals. Looking forward to a heck of a game. Go Burg!!!

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:15 pm Win or lose, I think this will be a better game than last year. I believe the Pirates has what it takes to beat the Generals. Looking forward to a heck of a game. Go Burg!!!
Agree with will be a better game than last year, 42-17 with wood taking a knee from 5 with 4 minutes left in the game. As a Wood supporter I will say the Wood played arguably their best game of the year vs Burg last year. There appears to be some lack of respect for the Wood still by the Burg, which is Understandable as Burg has had an advantage in past matchups prior to last year. Was reiterated by where Wood was seeded by the Burg (4th, which is really 5th bc can’t vote for yourself And Burg woulda obviously voted themselves above the Wood) I’ve been a member of this forum long enough to know what it means when Maddog “strikes up the band”
Both teams will bring their A game and be ready to play, which is all you can ask, may the best team win.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:50 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:15 pm Win or lose, I think this will be a better game than last year. I believe the Pirates has what it takes to beat the Generals. Looking forward to a heck of a game. Go Burg!!!
Agree with will be a better game than last year, 42-17 with wood taking a knee from 5 with 4 minutes left in the game. As a Wood supporter I will say the Wood played arguably their best game of the year vs Burg last year. There appears to be some lack of respect for the Wood still by the Burg, which is Understandable as Burg has had an advantage in past matchups prior to last year. Was reiterated by where Wood was seeded by the Burg (4th, which is really 5th bc can’t vote for yourself And Burg woulda obviously voted themselves above the Wood) I’ve been a member of this forum long enough to know what it means when Maddog “strikes up the band”
Both teams will bring their A game and be ready to play, which is all you can ask, may the best team win.
I’ve not seen that from burg posters at all in this thread. I have seen wood posters try to argue burg isn’t better or wood is just as better. Bottom line is both are still playing which makes them both quality opponents. Burg, however, in this game is more than equipped to beat wood
This year than last year by a bunch of reasons.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

wobycat wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:54 pm
DaWoodSoldier wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:50 pm
I’ve not seen that from burg posters at all in this thread. I have seen wood posters try to argue burg isn’t better or wood is just as better. Bottom line is both are still playing which makes them both quality opponents. Burg, however, in this game is more than equipped to beat wood
This year than last year by a bunch of reasons.
Can’t be because there running backs are better lol.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

If Burg can protect their qb so he doesnt have to take off with the ball then I can see Burg having a shot also on defense if Burgs D can contain Ridgewoods qb then it will be a good game ! But those are big if's . I just hope for a clean game injury free and ofcourse a Burg victory! I am a big Burg fan but I do believe that Burg is definitely the underdog in this one. Not saying that Burg wont win just saying they will have to play lights out the rest of the way

Burg grad 85
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

scott1297 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:19 pm If Burg can protect their qb so he doesnt have to take off with the ball then I can see Burg having a shot also on defense if Burgs D can contain Ridgewoods qb then it will be a good game ! But those are big if's . I just hope for a clean game injury free and ofcourse a Burg victory! I am a big Burg fan but I do believe that Burg is definitely the underdog in this one. Not saying that Burg wont win just saying they will have to play lights out the rest of the way
I do agree with you on the QB. He’s very good.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Tall task for burg this week on the road

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

hammer89 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:08 pm
PirateFan[69] wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:51 pm I'm gonna have to go with a final score of
Burg 34
Ridgewood 28
That would be 27 more points than the Woods starters have given up all year, but good luck.
Alright well if it isn’t that high scoring of a contest, I’ll say 24-17

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:37 pm
scott1297 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:19 pm If Burg can protect their qb so he doesnt have to take off with the ball then I can see Burg having a shot also on defense if Burgs D can contain Ridgewoods qb then it will be a good game ! But those are big if's . I just hope for a clean game injury free and ofcourse a Burg victory! I am a big Burg fan but I do believe that Burg is definitely the underdog in this one. Not saying that Burg wont win just saying they will have to play lights out the rest of the way
I do agree with you on the QB. He’s very good.

Cat I’m not sure I know where the location n all the details of that type of stuff.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”