2020 Chillicothe 30 - 27 Jackson

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Wk 6 FAC Championship - Jackson @ Chillicothe 10/02/2020

Post by Ironman92 »

Cavsfan2020 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:25 pm I am new to the area. No disrespect! I can’t figure out why people around call Jackson a state power or there fans act like they are. To my knowledge Jackson has a good program but it’s far from great. A great program puts trophies in the trophy case that says STATE CHAMPION! Where I come from there are state powers (La Salle, St. Xavier, Moeller, Elder, Wyoming, Winton Woods, Clinton-Massie, etc) the only programs you here people talk about in Southeastern part of the state in football is Ironton and Wheelersburg because they have been common visitors to Columbus or Canton on Championship weekend. I am not sure Jackson has ever got past week 3 of the playoffs. At least Chilli has a State championship banner in Basketball hanging in there gym. Again no disrespect I just think it’s interesting how people talk like Jackson is this great state power or something. Without ever seeing them and just based of what I’ve read I am sure Jackson has a good program but the word great can’t happen until there is a Championship trophy in the case. Chilli is definitely a rebuilding program and the future is bright however this game sounds like a tall task for a team who has struggled with Offensive identity. The Defense is good but if there on the field to long that could mean trouble. Here’s hoping they put it all together this week Go Cavs!
Welcome aboard Cavsfan2020 and welcome to SE Ohio. You are correct on what is a state power. Ironton right now is it in this district. Burg has had some of that over the years as well. Jackson is a district power, not even a regional power. Not sure anyone is saying they are a state power. Most of us believe they are very good for this area and hope for a second round playoff win. We have tremendous skill players and we are spread out and throwing it. The FAC is weak. We get beat in other sports but football right now we are the class of the league. We also know our coaches and players aren’t taking Chillicothe lightly. Chillicothe is cream of the crop athletically in this league...makes them dangerous. We very much respect Chillicothe but we should beat them by a few scores. Maybe we won’t but so far nothing has shown that Jackson won’t. We are improving each week on our penalties and some of our personal fouls are a thing of the past. We are a different Jackson team and Coach Hall is really spreading the ball around. Jackson fans, including myself really like what we are seeing and maybe this is the year to get over the playoff hump.

Regardless, still not sure of the state power comments. I don’t know if anyone believes that or even acts to that level. This thread really hasn’t displayed much of that either.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:30 pm
Cavsfan2020 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:25 pm I am new to the area. No disrespect! I can’t figure out why people around call Jackson a state power or there fans act like they are. To my knowledge Jackson has a good program but it’s far from great. A great program puts trophies in the trophy case that says STATE CHAMPION! Where I come from there are state powers (La Salle, St. Xavier, Moeller, Elder, Wyoming, Winton Woods, Clinton-Massie, etc) the only programs you here people talk about in Southeastern part of the state in football is Ironton and Wheelersburg because they have been common visitors to Columbus or Canton on Championship weekend. I am not sure Jackson has ever got past week 3 of the playoffs. At least Chilli has a State championship banner in Basketball hanging in there gym. Again no disrespect I just think it’s interesting how people talk like Jackson is this great state power or something. Without ever seeing them and just based of what I’ve read I am sure Jackson has a good program but the word great can’t happen until there is a Championship trophy in the case. Chilli is definitely a rebuilding program and the future is bright however this game sounds like a tall task for a team who has struggled with Offensive identity. The Defense is good but if there on the field to long that could mean trouble. Here’s hoping they put it all together this week Go Cavs!
Welcome aboard Cavsfan2020 and welcome to SE Ohio. You are correct on what is a state power. Ironton right now is it in this district. Burg has had some of that over the years as well. Jackson is a district power, not even a regional power. Not sure anyone is saying they are a state power. Most of us believe they are very good for this area and hope for a second round playoff win. We have tremendous skill players and we are spread out and throwing it. The FAC is weak. We get beat in other sports but football right now we are the class of the league. We also know our coaches and players aren’t taking Chillicothe lightly. Chillicothe is cream of the crop athletically in this league...makes them dangerous. We very much respect Chillicothe but we should beat them by a few scores. Maybe we won’t but so far nothing has shown that Jackson won’t. We are improving each week on our penalties and some of our personal fouls are a thing of the past. We are a different Jackson team and Coach Hall is really spreading through ball around. Jackson fans, including myself really like what we are seeing and maybe this is the year to get over the playoff hump.

Regardless, still not sure of the state power comments. I don’t know if anyone believes that or even acts to that level. This thread really hasn’t displayed much of that either.

1st. Class and full of facts I92......as usual.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Cavsfan2020
Waterboy

Post by Cavsfan2020 »

Ironman 92 and T-Chong. Thanks for the warm welcome and the facts. Again I will say in no way was I intending on disrespecting Jackson. Ever since we have been here all we’ve heard in Chilli is the Jackson game hype. It’s Jackson week right after last weeks game. I get on here and a lot of Jackson fans saying this game will be over at half and there will be a running clock. Maybe it will but I thought with the way this game is hyped in Chilli and the way the Ironman fans sounded on this post that Jackson was thought of as a State power in these parts. My Bad! I am looking forward to this game and good luck. Lastly. Chong. Not sure about the SVC comment. However you are right about the talent level at Chilli and Underachieving. Nobody should touch them in Southeast Ohio. The case at Chilli is not empty though!There is a State Championship Trophy in Basketball. Lol.

Grizzly&Gatorade
Waterboy

Post by Grizzly&Gatorade »

Tommy Chong wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:19 pm
No one says Jackson is a state power. Jackson is a solid football program with a pretty good tradition. Over 600 wins , 24-30 conference titles , maybe 15 or so playoff appearances (all since 1996). Jackson Ironmen football program always seems to put a good product on the field , and they do so every year . Very few down years . I don’t see anyone on here calling Jackson a state power . I feel like you came on here to take that shot so I’ll return the favor . Chillicothe is by far the most underachieving program in the area . They are D2-D3 school will great facilities , great athletes and couldn’t win the SVC . Chillicothe should be the boss of the area in football. Good luck with Jackson Friday and their empty trophy case.
"no disrespect"... haha

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Cavsfan2020 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:03 pm Ironman 92 and T-Chong. Thanks for the warm welcome and the facts. Again I will say in no way was I intending on disrespecting Jackson. Ever since we have been here all we’ve heard in Chilli is the Jackson game hype. It’s Jackson week right after last weeks game. I get on here and a lot of Jackson fans saying this game will be over at half and there will be a running clock. Maybe it will but I thought with the way this game is hyped in Chilli and the way the Ironman fans sounded on this post that Jackson was thought of as a State power in these parts. My Bad! I am looking forward to this game and good luck. Lastly. Chong. Not sure about the SVC comment. However you are right about the talent level at Chilli and Underachieving. Nobody should touch them in Southeast Ohio. The case at Chilli is not empty though!There is a State Championship Trophy in Basketball. Lol.
The people on this thread are mostly NOT Jackson fans...we have 2 Burg, 1 Hillsboro, 1 Athens, 1 Miami Trace
They are the ones saying over at half and running clock.

Me and countywide definitely Jackson fans and Tommy Chong appears to be but not sure where he is from.

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

I can’t help but think Jackson will come out fired up. The coaching staff will have the kids prepared and the team will will play hard nosed aggressive football. Ill pick Jackson by 14. It’ll be a battle .

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Jackson by 3ish TDs

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Chillicothe calling out former players of undefeated teams etc.

Appears they took notes from last years Jackson game.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Chillicothe is down and has been last few years. I wouldn’t consider either program to be great. They have good records year in and out because they play teams that really can’t challenge them. Any time they try and schedule up it doesn’t go well. Most years I would take Chillicothe over Jackson and other than last few years Chillicothe would wreck the svc lol. These last two years have definitely been outliers.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Rolltanks wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:50 pm Chillicothe is down and has been last few years. I wouldn’t consider either program to be great. They have good records year in and out because they play teams that really can’t challenge them. Any time they try and schedule up it doesn’t go well. Most years I would take Chillicothe over Jackson and other than last few years Chillicothe would wreck the svc lol. These last two years have definitely been outliers.
I hate Jackson but to say they don’t have a great football program is silly. Funny Unioto who is a big school playing in SVC against all smaller schools calls out Jackson for not playing teams that challenge them. If you go 8-2 every year for a quarter century then your program is great.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Vik wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:50 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:50 pm Chillicothe is down and has been last few years. I wouldn’t consider either program to be great. They have good records year in and out because they play teams that really can’t challenge them. Any time they try and schedule up it doesn’t go well. Most years I would take Chillicothe over Jackson and other than last few years Chillicothe would wreck the svc lol. These last two years have definitely been outliers.
I hate Jackson but to say they don’t have a great football program is silly. Funny Unioto who is a big school playing in SVC against all smaller schools calls out Jackson for not playing teams that challenge them. If you go 8-2 every year for a quarter century then your program is great.
Unioto isn’t Jackson we are challenged every game we play. When we start winning the svc every year then I hope we scheduale up or leave the svc. I have no problems with Jackson or Chillicothe it’s just the reality of being d 3 or d2 in this area. Not a good selection of teams to play in this area

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Very harsh opinion of Jackson football . Not sure it’s totally accurate

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Jackson Football wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:48 pm
I said I would favor Chillicothe over Jackson most years without looking at past games I would say that’s accurate

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Rolltanks wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:51 pm
I said I would favor Chillicothe over Jackson most years without looking at past games I would say that’s accurate
I think in recent games Jackson is 6-5 vs Chillicothe. So not sure that favors the Cavs most years .

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Jackson Football wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:57 pm

I think in recent games Jackson is 6-5 vs Chillicothe. So not sure that favors the Cavs most years .
7-5 just looked it up few years they didn’t play so I was wrong Jackson edges Chillicothe.

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Rolltanks wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:16 pm
Jackson Football wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:57 pm
7-5 just looked it up few years they didn’t play so I was wrong Jackson edges Chillicothe.
It’s a very even series, the FAC is better when Chillicothe is good. They’ll be back , maybe in a few days ...

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

They are young this year don’t think they will trouble Jackson. Chillicothe reminds me a lot of Lima central catholic, they can go from being down one year to stacked the next depending on who goes out for the team. They always have athletes just a matter of if they can or want to play that year. Lcc of course is more about what transfer kids you can get

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I too am new to this area and support unioto cause my kids go there. When I moved here the only teams I heard of was Ironton burg and Amanda clearcreek

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Rolltanks wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:31 pm I too am new to this area and support unioto cause my kids go there. When I moved here the only teams I heard of was Ironton burg and Amanda clearcreek
For good reason, all have multiple state championships

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Jackson Football wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:14 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:31 pm I too am new to this area and support unioto cause my kids go there. When I moved here the only teams I heard of was Ironton burg and Amanda clearcreek
For good reason, all have multiple state championships

True.

But also these three programs were making the playoffs every year at a time that only the Top Four teams of each region made the playoffs not 8teams. Which making the post season VERY TOUGH to do at the time. Especially in DIII-Region 11. We have bounce around some. But we have found ourselves in DIII-Region 11 ALOT. If All the 8-2 and 9-1 1990s era Jackson teams that DID NOT get in could have got in all those years. Jackson would have been known as a annual state playoff team then as well. Which at the time just making the play-offs was a HUGE deal!!!

Don’t get me wrong I’m going to give credit where credit is due. They deserve it!

Larry Hall-Tha Burg, Bob Lutz - Ironton , Ron Hinton-Amanda ClearCreek we’re house hold names of high school football in the 1990s........

Return to “Football”