Schedule them..... games you want to see this year

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Re: Schedule them..... games you want to see this year

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Federal-Hocking and Eastern
It looks like Eastern is down this year so this would be a good one.

Federal-Hocking and Athens
Looks like Athens is back to about where they were the last time the Lancers beat them so with them down and us up this would be a good one.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Re: What if..

Post by old benchwarmer »

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:32 am
old benchwarmer wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:42 am
mlittle wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:50 pm Ironton would beat burg
Jackson would beat burg
Ironton would kill waverly
Jackson would beat Gallia
Jackson would beat wellston
Back in Ironton's hayday and when Waverly was in the SEOAL and was suffering through the middle of 13 years of losing seasons, Ironton had Waverly for lunch. However, Ironton teams of the last few years have been pretty good, they certainly aren't has good as back then. And on the plus side for Waverly, they are improving much every year. I think a game between Ironton and Waverly wouldn't be a kill for Ironton. I think it would be a competitive game at this time. Of course I am from the era when Waverly would have beaten a number of the teams mentioned above. I am old. ;)
Back in your day ironton was division 3 with them being D5 now having literally half the boys they use to have I’d say they’re about the same
And back in the day, there was AA and A size schools. Jackson was AA and so was Waverly, both in the large size schools. Can't remember the year, but Jackson was rated, by the polls, 8th in the state. Waverly played them on Jackson's field near the end of the season and played to a 14-14 tie. Great game, but I hated no winner. Although Jackson holds a slight edge over Waverly, there have been some really good games between them. Is Jackson Div 3 now?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Yes Jackson is division 3

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

old benchwarmer wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:43 pm
old benchwarmer wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:42 am

Back in Ironton's hayday and when Waverly was in the SEOAL and was suffering through the middle of 13 years of losing seasons, Ironton had Waverly for lunch. However, Ironton teams of the last few years have been pretty good, they certainly aren't has good as back then. And on the plus side for Waverly, they are improving much every year. I think a game between Ironton and Waverly wouldn't be a kill for Ironton. I think it would be a competitive game at this time. Of course I am from the era when Waverly would have beaten a number of the teams mentioned above. I am old. ;)
Back in your day ironton was division 3 with them being D5 now having literally half the boys they use to have I’d say they’re about the same
And back in the day, there was AA and A size schools. Jackson was AA and so was Waverly, both in the large size schools. Can't remember the year, but Jackson was rated, by the polls, 8th in the state. Waverly played them on Jackson's field near the end of the season and played to a 14-14 tie. Great game, but I hated no winner. Although Jackson holds a slight edge over Waverly, there have been some really good games between them. Is Jackson Div 3 now?
The 14 all game was 1969. Both schools were in the large school AA classification in the last year Ohio had only two size groupings. I believe Jackson was ranked 8th in the AP poll and Waverly was in the receiving votes category. Honestly though either team would have been beaten soundly by the likes of urban powers Upper Arlington or Massillon. Oddly enough the 1968 and 1969 seasons which saw the Tigers go 19-0-1, saw the start of the ascendancy towards dominance by the Ironton and Wheelersburg programs while Waverly started its ill fated football venture into the SEOAL in 1970.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Ashland @ Ironton.

Aside from Jackson in the scrimmage, Ashland is the only legit play up moment in the regular season for Ironton. Ashland is 2-0 vs Pendleton & his staff, and 3 - 0 vs Irontons senior class.

Sidenote: Ironton looks faster off the ball this season, especially on defesnse. It's also a sore spot. I woulda picked Ironton.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Ironton @ Burg

Tbh...? Wanted to watch Ironton bully Burg in their own building.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Burg @ Ashland

Good game last year. The sequel in KY woulda maybe been a good one. Too close to call.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Portsmouth vs minford, Portsmouth vs burg needs to happen again, Portsmouth vs greenup county but that starts 2021. Pretty much wanna see the Trojans play some of the SOC schools in the area.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

Omega wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:15 pm
old benchwarmer wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:43 pm

The 14 all game was 1969. Both schools were in the large school AA classification in the last year Ohio had only two size groupings. I believe Jackson was ranked 8th in the AP poll and Waverly was in the receiving votes category. Honestly though either team would have been beaten soundly by the likes of urban powers Upper Arlington or Massillon. Oddly enough the 1968 and 1969 seasons which saw the Tigers go 19-0-1, saw the start of the ascendancy towards dominance by the Ironton and Wheelersburg programs while Waverly started its ill fated football venture into the SEOAL in 1970.
It was a bad move at that time. Coach Redman, after only two years at Waverly, headed for Lancaster. He saw the writing on the wall, so to speak. Waverly began a 13 year span of non winning seasons. The SEOAL was not the entire reason as they wouldn't have competed in the SOC very well either at that time.

Bradley39
Riding the Bench

Post by Bradley39 »

Wellston @ Oak Hill
Oak Hill @ Portsmouth
Gallia Academy @ Minford
Fairland @ Valley
Wellston @ Waverly

Return to “Football”