Division 5 is tough

thebarlowbandit
All State

Re: Division 5 is tough

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:26 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:12 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:25 pm

I think when week 7 hits and the state starts getting the playoff money the crowd size will go up a lot. OHSAA is not going to take a loss during the playoffs. Letting every school in is a way to make up the loss as well.
You realize the OHSAA has zero to do with that? The Cincinnati Bengals are limited to 6,000 fans, the Reds get zero, and you think the OHSAA has more pull than those professional teams?
Bengals and browns limited to 6000 fans for 2 games I thought. Nope just guessing but now that you mention it maybe putting every team in with limited fans balances out. With more teams and less people might be the same as a fewer teams and full stands. I’m just trying to make sense of these rules and what’s going on during this pandemic. I wish it was back to normal.
Not sure you can make sense of these rules.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

A lot of top teams in D5 going over 50 points on some teams. Ironton with 71. Roger bacon scored 82???

Some high powered offenses in D5 this year.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ridgewood beating sandy valley that bad doesnt suprise me much i feel like if the played them last year it probably would have been about the same. Ridgewood beat indian valley 31/9 and IV beat sandy valley 42/21

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Game score Comparisons are like polls, useless, but I enjoy them nonetheless!

WLR may have handled sandy valley and yes, Indian valley is common to the mentioned teams, BUT SANDY VALLEY’s big & athletic QB gave The Kirtland coaching staff a workout last year round 1.

They’ll still be around.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:04 am A lot of top teams in D5 going over 50 points on some teams. Ironton with 71. Roger bacon scored 82???

Just like the topic, V is tough!

Gonna be hard to get by :

Kirtland

WLR

IRONTON

CINCY AREA REP.

Ferociousness AWAITS!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:04 am A lot of top teams in D5 going over 50 points on some teams. Ironton with 71. Roger bacon scored 82???

For what it’s worth, Norwood is really bad this year and Roger Bacon’s offense is basically LSU RB commit Corey Kiner.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Hard to make sense of Columbus Academy, since frickin’ Ready came out of nowhere and opened a can on them this week.

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

Honestly I’ve got the tigers winning it, do SEO proud

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:36 am Hard to make sense of Columbus Academy, since frickin’ Ready came out of nowhere and opened a can on them this week.
Does not shock me one bit honestly

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:17 am Game score Comparisons are like polls, useless, but I enjoy them nonetheless!

WLR may have handled sandy valley and yes, Indian valley is common to the mentioned teams, BUT SANDY VALLEY’s big & athletic QB gave The Kirtland coaching staff a workout last year round 1.

They’ll still be around.
Good point. Ironton has three blowouts but honestly they haven’t played anyone that can give them a game yet. Kirkland and ridgewood I think have played two good teams and have shown they are true contenders as of now. Ironton probably won’t see anyone until playoff week 3 that will give them a true look.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

its hard to believe sandy valleys offense is that lethal and only scored 7 points. From watching this game sandy valley is Gallia academy with a better Qb, defense not very good either

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Sandy valleys defense is awful

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:09 am Sandy valleys defense is awful
Or ridgewoods offense is just good. Probably a little of both. Oak hill couldn’t do anything against burg last night but ran for 600 yards the week before. Is oak hills offense that bad or is burgs defense that good?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:29 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:09 am Sandy valleys defense is awful
Or ridgewoods offense is just good. Probably a little of both. Oak hill couldn’t do anything against burg last night but ran for 600 yards the week before. Is oak hills offense that bad or is burgs defense that good?
Go watch the game for yourself sandy valley is one of the poorest tackling teams ive watched this year and ridgewoods recievers were wide open the full game is on twitch tv i watched ridgewood tear through there whole schedule dropping 50 a game last year but when they played a good defense they had 1 touchdown until midway through the 4th quarter and ended up with 14 points for the game. Sandy valley missed like 30 tackles

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

And their offenae played really sloppy they put the ball on the ground a lot

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I’m not doubting you just food for thought. Maybe burgs defense is legit.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

They probably are i wouldnt doubt it. One of the best coaches around and good athletes will take you most of the way i just feel like sandy valley reminded me a lot of Gallia Academy

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:14 am They probably are i wouldnt doubt it. One of the best coaches around and good athletes will take you most of the way i just feel like sandy valley reminded me a lot of Gallia Academy
You’re probably right about sandy v. Gallia has one main offensive weapon. Too easy to scheme against

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:22 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:14 am They probably are i wouldnt doubt it. One of the best coaches around and good athletes will take you most of the way i just feel like sandy valley reminded me a lot of Gallia Academy
You’re probably right about sandy v. Gallia has one main offensive weapon. Too easy to scheme against
Also like gallia they're big up front but not very physical

Return to “Football”