2020 Portsmouth West 28 - 7 Notre Dame

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Re: Week 1 Notre Dame @ West

Post by sportsfan2244 »

AIM, what is your beef with ND? You always have something negative to say about Notre Dame's coaching staff or admin. Why aren't you on the sidelines coaching since you have all the answers. I am surprised the score was only 28-7. I do give ND props for playing West, they could of not played week 1 like East or played a scrub team. I think the Titans may surprise some people. WE ARE ND!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

AIM wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:20 pm ND has the size, speed and athletes to beat Northwest. Do I think they will, no. Notre Dame did well against Valley because they passed the ball. Against West they beat a dead horse offensively and never made any adjustments.
I really wouldn't say ND got beat up with injuries as was alluded to. Rather it was a matter of the team being out of shape and not prepared. End of the 1st all were sucking air and several down cramping which continued throughout. Pretty tired of the same excuses out of the ND camp. Like watching Groundhog Day, young team, low numbers, injuries. Can't be young every year; ND hasn't had 31 players in years, same as what they averaged in the 80"s and won championships year in and year out. Injuries, cramps, etc come from lack of conditioning. When a staff touts itself as the best coaching staff around, at a sports banquet and in the locker room, but has only won 5 games since 2017, there's a problem.
Yeah, I didn't watch the game, but the box score was interesting. How do you not attempt a single pass when trailing in second half and likewise, not attempt a single pass when you only have 2 first downs the entire game? Only thing I can figure is they were just content to keep clock rolling and take their L, while keeping the score respectable.

But before you get too fired up, ND should win a few games this year. I think they go 2-4 (wins over Green and East). If they're smart, assuming they lose first round in playoffs, they should be looking for manageable Week 8-10 opponents to get young players experience for next year.*

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

They didn't have time to throw. Their line was getting swallowed up every play. Radio said they had 7 yards of offense after the 2nd play. If they would've tried to throw, they probably would've just gotten the quarterback hurt.

Box score is what it is, but timely penalties kept that score respectable

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Westfan wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:05 pm They didn't have time to throw. Their line was getting swallowed up every play. Radio said they had 7 yards of offense after the 2nd play. If they would've tried to throw, they probably would've just gotten the quarterback hurt.

Box score is what it is, but timely penalties kept that score respectable
If you cannot attempt a single darn pass in a high school football game due to player safety concerns, then that game should have never been scheduled to begin with. Of course ND saw fit to have Greenup County on schedule last year, so who knows?*

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Does ND still have the assistant coach from last year that remotely resembles Brian Kelly? He’s a good complement to Coach Ashley’s calming demeanor.

Return to “Football”