icanpickem
All Conference

Re: Granville at Waverly 08/28/20

Post by icanpickem »

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Attendance thing is just dumb. I’d say you could do a decent amount more than 15% and could still be distant and wear your mask. There’s more people in some churches than what will be allowed at these games. But oh well.

I know admin at Waverly are trying to come up with many ways to get more people in. Such as looking into allowing people to stand along the fence and bringing in additional bleachers from the baseball and softball fields. Also may ask about getting some from Bristol park.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I noticed on that youtube video the quarterback's name is Crouch.

Is he the brother of the NC QB that went to Illinois?

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:38 pm I noticed on that youtube video the quarterback's name is Crouch.

Yes he is.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:45 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:38 pm I noticed on that youtube video the quarterback's name is Crouch.

Yes he is.
Is Blake Rine at QB as well? Who starts?

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

smurray wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:18 pm
spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:45 pm

Yes he is.
Is Blake Rine at QB as well? Who starts?
I'm not familiar with the Rine kid but from the video it seemed that Crouch was the starter/got the majority of the reps.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:07 pm Attendance thing is just dumb. I’d say you could do a decent amount more than 15% and could still be distant and wear your mask. There’s more people in some churches than what will be allowed at these games. But oh well.

I know admin at Waverly are trying to come up with many ways to get more people in. Such as looking into allowing people to stand along the fence and bringing in additional bleachers from the baseball and softball fields. Also may ask about getting some from Bristol park.
Even if they can bump legitimate seating to 4,000 over their current 2,600, the max crowd would still be 600 with the 15 percent rule. At 2,600 they would be looking at a max attendance of 390. Is it worth the effort and cost for an extra 210 fans?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:07 pm Attendance thing is just dumb. I’d say you could do a decent amount more than 15% and could still be distant and wear your mask. There’s more people in some churches than what will be allowed at these games. But oh well.

Attendance policy is very dumb. I don’t agree with it at all! It’s not fair to the players who have more than 2 people in just their immediate family or step family that is just as involved! I think if you live in the same household, they should all be allowed to come.

In my honest opinion, they need to make it where if you want to come watch a live sporting event, come at your own will. If you are scared or feel like you shouldn’t go, then don’t go. And if masks are the save all, then mandate all who come watch to wear a mask.

Mark my words, come playoff time, there will magically be allowed a higher number of fans in the stands so the OHSAA doesn’t lose anymore money than what they already have.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

BigGuy10 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:39 pm

Attendance policy is very dumb. I don’t agree with it at all! It’s not fair to the players who have more than 2 people in just their immediate family or step family that is just as involved! I think if you live in the same household, they should all be allowed to come.

In my honest opinion, they need to make it where if you want to come watch a live sporting event, come at your own will. If you are scared or feel like you shouldn’t go, then don’t go. And if masks are the save all, then mandate all who come watch to wear a mask.
Not sure if you know this or not, but masks are mandatory per the statewide order for attendance.

Re: coming/not coming to games - has nothing to do with individual safety, has everything to do with community spread of COVID.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Back to the game discussion, any news out of either camp as to injuries, preparation, what to expect ?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Omega wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:51 am

Even if they can bump legitimate seating to 4,000 over their current 2,600, the max crowd would still be 600 with the 15 percent rule. At 2,600 they would be looking at a max attendance of 390. Is it worth the effort and cost for an extra 210 fans?
Idk why it would be extra cost to bring those bleachers in. But I guarantee if you ask any of the players, coaches or anyone in Waverly for that matter if an extra 210 fans would be worth it, I’m not sure anyone would say no. These families who have to pick and choose which two members get to go watch their loved one play, would I’m sure love to have an extra ticket or two.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Omega wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:32 pm Back to the game discussion, any news out of either camp as to injuries, preparation, what to expect ?
I would not expect to see either Shoemaker or Barnett suit up for Waverly Friday night. Neither participated in the scrimmage this past Friday, so as far as I’ve heard everyone should be good to go that played last week.

Also, just a side thought that I noticed from the scrimmage. The new rule where the refs can’t touch the football at all is terrible. It slows the game down so much and honestly doesn’t make much sense. I know some of the officials were complaining at the scrimmage about how stupid they thought the rule was. The rule could effect teams slightly who look to play up tempo.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

smurray, and friends and neighbors == good luck to the waverly tigers this year. go tigers.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:33 pm
Omega wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:32 pm Back to the game discussion, any news out of either camp as to injuries, preparation, what to expect ?
I would not expect to see either Shoemaker or Barnett suit up for Waverly Friday night. Neither participated in the scrimmage this past Friday, so as far as I’ve heard everyone should be good to go that played last week.

Also, just a side thought that I noticed from the scrimmage. The new rule where the refs can’t touch the football at all is terrible. It slows the game down so much and honestly doesn’t make much sense. I know some of the officials were complaining at the scrimmage about how stupid they thought the rule was. The rule could effect teams slightly who look to play up tempo.
WOW, I didn’t know that was a guideline - STUPID!!! All the players can touch it but not an official....

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

The attendance policy will definitely expand once the tournament starts. Ohsaa has to try and recover the money they've lost.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

smurray wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:46 pm

WOW, I didn’t know that was a guideline - STUPID!!! All the players can touch it but not an official....
Very stupid! The refs use a bean bag to spot then the center has to spot the ball. Ball boys have to throw or run it in if new balls are needed.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

How are coaches going to be able to ask for a first down measurement. Can't bring out the lie-to-gain sticks on a bean bag! CRAZY!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

So, teams will he slowed down by who? They keep the ball, thus just have to get back to the line

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:02 pm
smurray wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:46 pm

Very stupid! The refs use a bean bag to spot then the center has to spot the ball. Ball boys have to throw or run it in if new balls are needed.
The chain-gang still sets the disc, though. So... not a big deal?

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:26 pm

So, teams will he slowed down by who? They keep the ball, thus just have to get back to the line
I’m just basing things off the scrimmage. It slowed the game down, for whatever reason. Maybe it was just since it is not how things are usually done so getting used to the new rule may take everyone some time to adjust.

Return to “Football”