Brad Tucker (1975-1977)
Rob Johnson (1960-1963)

Defensive Backs:
Greg Poston (1965-1967)
Chad Zimmerman (1992-1994)
Jesse Henestofel (1999-2000)
John Gasser (1963-1965)
Gene Morgan (1955-1957)
It's nice to see half the kids I played against at Logan on this list at least I know I wasn't playing scrubs lmao. But on another note o think Lucas Wright might be a top db too not sure on Logan's whole history but that kid was a stud on defense too

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
loganlocos
SEOP

Re: Top 5 All time QB's, RB's, WR's and OL from your school

Post by loganlocos »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:55 am
It's nice to see half the kids I played against at Logan on this list at least I know I wasn't playing scrubs lmao. But on another note o think Lucas Wright might be a top db too not sure on Logan's whole history but that kid was a stud on defense too
Luke was definitely a Top 5 DB too, haha. Just tried to balance the WR/DBs since most played both ways.

Most of the DBs I picked played QB before teams threw the ball a lot, haha.

Bradley39
Riding the Bench

Post by Bradley39 »

OakHillAlumni wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:20 pm Oak Hill

QB
Jesse Slone
Caleb Johnson
Jerry Boggs
Jim Slone
Clayton Christiansen

RB
Tim Williams
Weston Hale
Wes Harden
Devon Davis
Zach Fisher

WR
Joey Maynard
Jordan Fisher
Daniel Woods
Willie Harris
Jonathan Harrison

OL
Chris Fairchild
Doug Hale
Ramsey Sites
Hunter Fleming
Drew Cannon
This is the worst list I have ever seen. Completely skipped the 80s and only had players in the past 10 years. Bill Potter? Shane McCoy? Andy Orender? Drew Haislop? Stiltner? Jesse Parker? Jonathan Harrison behind a running back? Cody Cannon? Drew Cannon behind Hunter Fleming and Ramsey Sites? Mason Waugh? Griffin Jenkins? Several more that even I’m forgetting. I don’t know what this list is based off of but it seems like it’s based off of if you play college ball or not, and playing division 3 or NAIA is not a factor in best all time teams.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

loganlocos wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:47 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:55 am
Luke was definitely a Top 5 DB too, haha. Just tried to balance the WR/DBs since most played both ways.

Most of the DBs I picked played QB before teams threw the ball a lot, haha.
Best returner I ever seen at Logan! Always a threat to take it back. His battle with the Tri Valley reciever on them last three passes was epic! He was devastated on the last one but nothing to be ashamed of. That was a great game, probably best ever at the old field even in a loss.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

cbolt wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:21 pm
Best returner I ever seen at Logan! Always a threat to take it back. His battle with the Tri Valley reciever on them last three passes was epic! He was devastated on the last one but nothing to be ashamed of. That was a great game, probably best ever at the old field even in a loss.
Completely agree with all that. All due respect to Ryan Wykle who was also a ridiculously good return man and holds the record - but Luke had a ton called back in 2007 and a couple of them were very questionable. The one at Lancaster was ludicrous. At least 15 yards behind the play with NO defender within 20 yards of the ball when it was called. You can't actually see it on film, but that was at the very least bad luck.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

East:

QB:
Todd Gilliland

RB:
Guy Dempsey
Bobby Howard
Justin Crager
Akia Brown

OL:
Blaine Scott
Tyler Gerald

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

S.O.C wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:18 am Wheelersburg -

QB
Trent Salyers
Eddie Miller
Tom Kaskey
Matt Miller
Jonathon Eaton

RB
Brandon Shankweiler
Jerod Tilley
Luke Emnett
Chris Risner
Pete Ruby

WR
Tanner Holden
Jason Schmidt
Ben Gill
Steve Johnson
Rob Willard
Rocky Croy

OL
Dave Pyles
Steve Sutton
Rex Pyles
Andy Albrecht
Chris White
No Makya Matthews?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

loganlocos wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 2:39 pm
cbolt wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:21 pm
Completely agree with all that. All due respect to Ryan Wykle who was also a ridiculously good return man and holds the record - but Luke had a ton called back in 2007 and a couple of them were very questionable. The one at Lancaster was ludicrous. At least 15 yards behind the play with NO defender within 20 yards of the ball when it was called. You can't actually see it on film, but that was at the very least bad luck.
Agree with you both. Seen one if his run backs called back at Zanesville that I didn't agree with. Luke was even playing with a bad sprained ankle that night. The boy was unbelievable even with injury.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

OakHillAlumni wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:20 pm Oak Hill

QB
Jesse Slone
Caleb Johnson
Jerry Boggs
Jim Slone
Clayton Christiansen

RB
Tim Williams
Weston Hale
Wes Harden
Devon Davis
Zach Fisher

WR
Joey Maynard
Jordan Fisher
Daniel Woods
Willie Harris
Jonathan Harrison

OL
Chris Fairchild
Doug Hale
Ramsey Sites
Hunter Fleming
Drew Cannon
Shame there's no TE or DL on here. Wouldn't be shocked to see Chris Delaney on that list. Got so good at blocking punts by his senior year, most teams opted not to punt against OH.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I’ll give a more accurate list of Oak Hill. Caleb Johnson was okay, but even close to the top 5 QB’s in Oak Hill history.

QB
1. Jesse Slone- nearly 7,500 passing yards; career record of 34-11
2. Eric Faye-28-2 as the starter. Threw 1 interception his senior season.
3. Andy Elcess- Didn’t play on great teams but threw for 2,800 yards his senior season.
4. Josh Brunton-Big, Strong, athletic. If I am not mistaken, went 8-2 his senior year with a massive line. Orchestrated the offense to a T.
5. Drew Haislop- Went 9-3 his senior season. Had close to 1,500 passing yards.

RB
1. Westen Hale-Nearly 7,500 rushing yards. 4 year starter. Over 2,000 rushing yards his senior year.
2. Bill Potter- Only played 2 years at Oak Hill. Originally went to Southwestern in Gallia County. Still the single season rushing yard record at Oak Hill.
3. Tim Williams-2,000 yard rusher his senior season. 8-2 in 1976.
4. Devon Davis- Had at least 3,000 rushing yards and 1,000 receiving yards in his career. 4 year starter. 33-14 record when he played.
5. You could throw multiple RB’s in this slot and not be wrong-Andy Orendor(maybe one the best athletes in Jackson County history), Wes Harden, Bayley Clutters, Zach Fisher, Chris Dupree, etc.

WR
1. Joey Maynard-Freak Athlete. Played on the same teams as Jesse Slone and Westen Hale. Over 2,000 receiving yards. 4 year starter.
2. Kyle Ondera- Played one year and helped Oak Hill go 10-0. Superior athlete. Maybe the best athlete in Jackson County history. Over 1,000 receiving yards his senior season.
3. Luke Hammond-Played one year and helped Oak Hill go 9-3. 1,000 yard receiver. Had multiple 150 yard receiving games in the playoffs. Made big plays and could jump very well for 50/50 balls.
4. Brian Howell- Played with Eric Faye. Great hands. Helped Oak Hill go 28-2 as a starter.

TE
1. Doug Hale-All State in Football, Basketball, and Baseball his senior season. Big and strong. Helped block a lot but very able bodied when making catches. Academic All American at OU. Currently the girls head coach.
2. Mike Hale-Played on the same team with Faye and Howell. 3 or 4 year starter. Had multiple D1 offers. Great blocking TE but had great hands. Brother of Doug Hale.
3. Jim Slone-TE/OL/PK- helped Oak Hill win the OVC in 1981. Great foot, hands, and blocker. Father of Jesse Slone.
4. JD Hale-Got progressively better by his senior season. Tall and very competent with blocking and catching by his junior and senior seasons. 4 year starter. Unfortunately, his career record as a starter is poor. 15-25 record as a starter.
Son of Doug.
OL
1. Chris Fairchild-4 year starter. A formidable lineman. Roughly 6’4” 280. 31-14 record as a starter. Played at Kent State.
2. Jeff Allen-Big and Strong. Played for Oak Hill in the late 90’s. Multiple college scholarships. Went 8-2 as a senior. Great run blocker as Triplett only wanted to run the ball.
3. Chris Delaney. More or less a blocking TE but played the line as well. Really good hands. Helped Oak Hill upset Wellston 23-22 his senior season.
4. Cliff McNeal-Big, strong, very able bodied. Stout would embody his frame. Played in the late 90’s early 2000’s.
5. Cory Kuhn-Unbelievably underrated and undersized. Pulling guard. Had grit about himself. Played with Jesse Slone and Westen Hale.

This is probably a more accurate list. However, I know that I’m missing out on some fantastic players in Oak Hill’s history.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:16 pm I’ll give a more accurate list of Oak Hill. Caleb Johnson was okay, but even close to the top 5 QB’s in Oak Hill history.

QB
1. Jesse Slone- nearly 7,500 passing yards; career record of 34-11
2. Eric Faye-28-2 as the starter. Threw 1 interception his senior season.
3. Andy Elcess- Didn’t play on great teams but threw for 2,800 yards his senior season.
4. Josh Brunton-Big, Strong, athletic. If I am not mistaken, went 8-2 his senior year with a massive line. Orchestrated the offense to a T.
5. Drew Haislop- Went 9-3 his senior season. Had close to 1,500 passing yards.

RB
1. Westen Hale-Nearly 7,500 rushing yards. 4 year starter. Over 2,000 rushing yards his senior year.
2. Bill Potter- Only played 2 years at Oak Hill. Originally went to Southwestern in Gallia County. Still the single season rushing yard record at Oak Hill.
3. Tim Williams-2,000 yard rusher his senior season. 8-2 in 1976.
4. Devon Davis- Had at least 3,000 rushing yards and 1,000 receiving yards in his career. 4 year starter. 33-14 record when he played.
5. You could throw multiple RB’s in this slot and not be wrong-Andy Orendor(maybe one the best athletes in Jackson County history), Wes Harden, Bayley Clutters, Zach Fisher, Chris Dupree, etc.

WR
1. Joey Maynard-Freak Athlete. Played on the same teams as Jesse Slone and Westen Hale. Over 2,000 receiving yards. 4 year starter.
2. Kyle Ondera- Played one year and helped Oak Hill go 10-0. Superior athlete. Maybe the best athlete in Jackson County history. Over 1,000 receiving yards his senior season.
3. Luke Hammond-Played one year and helped Oak Hill go 9-3. 1,000 yard receiver. Had multiple 150 yard receiving games in the playoffs. Made big plays and could jump very well for 50/50 balls.
4. Brian Howell- Played with Eric Faye. Great hands. Helped Oak Hill go 28-2 as a starter.

TE
1. Doug Hale-All State in Football, Basketball, and Baseball his senior season. Big and strong. Helped block a lot but very able bodied when making catches. Academic All American at OU. Currently the girls head coach.
2. Mike Hale-Played on the same team with Faye and Howell. 3 or 4 year starter. Had multiple D1 offers. Great blocking TE but had great hands. Brother of Doug Hale.
3. Jim Slone-TE/OL/PK- helped Oak Hill win the OVC in 1981. Great foot, hands, and blocker. Father of Jesse Slone.
4. JD Hale-Got progressively better by his senior season. Tall and very competent with blocking and catching by his junior and senior seasons. 4 year starter. Unfortunately, his career record as a starter is poor. 15-25 record as a starter.
Son of Doug.
OL
1. Chris Fairchild-4 year starter. A formidable lineman. Roughly 6’4” 280. 31-14 record as a starter. Played at Kent State.
2. Jeff Allen-Big and Strong. Played for Oak Hill in the late 90’s. Multiple college scholarships. Went 8-2 as a senior. Great run blocker as Triplett only wanted to run the ball.
3. Chris Delaney. More or less a blocking TE but played the line as well. Really good hands. Helped Oak Hill upset Wellston 23-22 his senior season.
4. Cliff McNeal-Big, strong, very able bodied. Stout would embody his frame. Played in the late 90’s early 2000’s.
5. Cory Kuhn-Unbelievably underrated and undersized. Pulling guard. Had grit about himself. Played with Jesse Slone and Westen Hale.

This is probably a more accurate list. However, I know that I’m missing out on some fantastic players in Oak Hill’s history.

That’s thought out pretty well. Not a historian by any means but over the years there’s not a name mentioned I don’t recall someone arguing their case to be on that list.

Still a little baffled over Andy Orendor.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I would’ve put Orendor higher if I knew more about his statistics. I do know that he single-handily helped Oak Hill win their only SOC2 Track championship. If someone had his statistics, I would certainly move him up the list but it’d very hard to argue against Hale and Potter.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:16 pm I would’ve put Orendor higher if I knew more about his statistics. I do know that he single-handily helped Oak Hill win their only SOC2 Track championship. If someone had his statistics, I would certainly move him up the list but it’d very hard to argue against Hale and Potter.

I kind of figured that was the reasoning; numbers or lack there of. Hale and potter good ones. Just like to make sure he’s still remembered. My heavens was Andy good.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I had one of the football assistants at Oak Hill tell me how special of a person and athlete he was. Called him a class act. I never met Andy unfortunately. However, I am sure Merrill Triplett loved him running the football. If I am not mistaken for the SOC2 track championship, Oak Hill scores something like 106 and he had 92 of the points by himself.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:43 pm I had one of the football assistants at Oak Hill tell me how special of a person and athlete he was. Called him a class act. I never met Andy unfortunately. However, I am sure Merrill Triplett loved him running the football. If I am not mistaken for the SOC2 track championship, Oak Hill scores something like 106 and he had 92 of the points by himself.

He was a very special athlete. And yes a great person as well. Andy did things that only came natural. He did things coaches just can’t coach a kid to do.

on_the_reg_82
Waterboy

Post by on_the_reg_82 »

Lucasville Valley---I know i'm missing some 60's and 70's guys John Grooms, Gene Tenace, etc.
QB
Scott Rolfe, Brain Bear, Chris Lundy, Blake Yates, Rob Miller, Bryan Rolfe, Larry Cunningham, Scott Morrow

RB
Curt Swavel, Jeff Crabtree, Luke Keller, Blake Howard, Scott Ridout, H-back JJ Phillips.
FB
Andy and Adam Riehl, Loop, Bob Salyers

WR/TE
Alan Ruth, Tommy Spradlin, Bryce Romanello, Craig Howard, Nolan Crabtree, Chris Rupp TE/OL Jeff Davis

OL
Eric Phillips, Wayne Vowell, Jackie Hoover, Andy Hamilton, Jordan Spradlin,Darren Crabtree, Donnie Miller

This is just off the top of my head.

soc fan
Waterboy

Post by soc fan »

for Lucasville Valley
QB - Rusty Yates, Todd Sammons

RB - E. Humpston, Ron Coriell , Mark Osborn

WR- Flint Tackett,

Return to “Football”