NAL? New League Forming

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: NAL? New League Forming

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I have some prime ocean front property in Nebraska for sale as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:08 pm no possible way ironton will be a party to this. why would they travel to Marietta. and they have no rivalries what soever with the others mentioned. this would be absolutely absurd.
🤦🏻‍♂️

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:15 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:08 pm no possible way ironton will be a party to this. why would they travel to Marietta. and they have no rivalries what soever with the others mentioned. this would be absolutely absurd.
🤦🏻‍♂️
🤣🤣

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

ironton and miller game of the week

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This place is crazy. Ironton and Marietta, both wonderful Ohio River cities and not afraid of any SE district school. Manchester just on the other side of Ironton pretty much and also on the Ohio River. Trace has a good desire to challenge themselves with the likes of Ironton and Etta...yeah they’ll beat up on Miller, Manchester and Huntington but in all it’s really a perfect balance. Miller just some backroads to Marietta. Ironton to Miller is just an easy trip up route 93. I know Manchester, who is already separate from the other 3 Adams Co Schools. Heard Marietta might go independent for soccer as they are a top ranked team and would roll the NAL competition for the near future.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

dilligaf wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:23 pm ironton and miller game of the week
Yeah it doesn’t look good on paper but will be good for Miller and as they say Iron sharpens Iron. Hittites baby

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

This is bologna...lol

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Bait I heard it from multiple sources it's in the works.

I like the idea of Ironton v Miller... battle of 93

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:56 am
greygoose wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:38 am
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:14 pm Neighbors Athletic League

ADs talking and this league is gaining steam. Would be a 6 team league and could affect the efficiencies of several other leagues.

Member schools in discussion:

Marietta
Miami Trace
Miller
Manchester
Ironton
Huntington Ross

Not sure if these natural rivals would ask Logan to join or not.
Couple questions as I want to make sure it's not the teams I'm thinking of and there's different ones out there for this to make sense to me. Manchester and Huntington Ross?? Also why in the world would Miami Trace take on that much drive time?? I thought the FAC was strong and well and now you've got Miami Trace leaving.
Manchester to Huntington Ross is only 1 hr 30 min bus ride.

FAC is strong but Miami Trace wants a league that is winnable for their bowling team.
😂

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Man could you imagine the Tank on a Friday night with Manchester coming to town?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I cant wait to see ironton at miller the visitors seats is 5 feet tall and holds 25 people lol

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

The Mayor of Jackson just gave his approval, even though his school is not involved. Full steam ahead!

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

I just heard from a very reliable source that Miller has already begun construction on an indoor bowling facility to replace the outdoor one they have now apparently the thought of being able to compete with Ironton for the number one spot in this new league is too tempting for them to not spend the money

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

victor creed wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:55 am I just heard from a very reliable source that Miller has already begun construction on an indoor bowling facility to replace the outdoor one they have now apparently the thought of being able to compete with Ironton for the number one spot in this new league is too tempting for them to not spend the money
I always thought their outdoor bowling facility was such a wonderfully unique atmosphere. The pea gravel resurfacing really made kids have to up their game, but it made for a really fast ball in the rain. Hope they don’t try to get too fancy and ruin what made it special.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It’s all just very exciting.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Sadly it will set the freshman learning curve back some as with the indoor facility as they will now longer obtain that valuable experience resetting pins and returning balls to their proper setting but it should eliminate the chance of those unfortunate occasional lightning strikes we all hated to see. Agree it’s an exciting time.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I hear ya victor

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
SG REBEL

Post by SG REBEL »

I would humbly accept the position as league commissioner. I plan on bringing in our committee assigner for officials as well.. As long as the league gets started. I would love a name change tho and I will push hard for it

NSGCAL

Neighbors of Southern Gallia County Athletic League

Got a nice ring to it!

And we have extra office space in Mercerville

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

SG REBEL wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:43 pm I would humbly accept the position as league commissioner. I plan on bringing in our committee assigner for officials as well.. As long as the league gets started. I would love a name change tho and I will push hard for it

NSGCAL

Neighbors of Southern Gallia County Athletic League

Got a nice ring to it!

And we have extra office space in Mercerville
Huntington Ross isn’t interested in South Gallia being a 7th member, despite equivalent tennis teams. The other 5 like the idea of adding South Gallia but don’t want to renig on their original agreement of 6 teams.

Return to “Football”