Final: Jackson 23 Wellston 6

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Week 1...Jackson vs Wellston...The Finale

Post by Dundas »

greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:04 pm
Dundas wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:36 pm
countywide35 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:48 pm Jackson doesn't personally have to recruit. Folks recruit Jackson. The school district, ALL the sports programs, ALL the school facilities speaks volumes in itself without a single person having to go out of their way. As a parent who wouldn't want the best opportunity for their child. A solid education, An opportunity to play in the nicest stadium SEO has to offer, a storied program that is solid year in and year out. Has the entire community behind them. Booster clubs and events that raise THOUSANDS of dollars every year for the school. Brand new state of the art schools. three elementary schools, middle school and a high school. A walk inside Alumni Stadium is as impressive as it gets and why wouldn't a kid want to play inside it. For most its as close as running onto the field at Ohio State.
All of those things may be true. The stadium is wonderful. There is a ton of money raised. The boosters are second to none there. The school is new and is as nice or nicer than any around. Jackson doesn’t have to recruit. But they do.
I will say this, Jackson has everything lined up for them to look much more appealing to a young athlete in the surrounding area. The "coaches" do not recruit this much I believe, however I don't think you can call it recruiting when a parent talks to another parent from a different school, that they know personally, about bringing there kid over can you??
I’m talking more about the QB camp. Just trying to stir up some of my Jackson friends. We (VC) have lost kids to every surrounding school district over the years. Not just Jackson.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:52 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:41 pm Everyone loves to jab.

Enjoy your $3 to park
Did they raise the price?? wasn't it $2?
They have to milk everything they can out of the Wellston folk since this is the final game.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dundas wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:55 pm

Enjoy your $3 to park
They have to milk everything they can out of the Wellston folk since this is the final game.
:lol: :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Enjoy your $3 to park
Yep, gonna buy a bigger flagpole

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Enjoy your $3 to park
It’s all season

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

good stuff.....onto some football talk....how bout some info from the wellston side?????......thoughts on the golden rockets headed to alumni stadium.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good FB and some very fast RBs. Tall and athletic receiver.

Will make Jackson have to tackle in space.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:48 am Good FB and some very fast RBs. Tall and athletic receiver.

I know they had rock hill last week......who do they finish the preseason up with??

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:48 pm Jackson doesn't personally have to recruit. Folks recruit Jackson. The school district, ALL the sports programs, ALL the school facilities speaks volumes in itself without a single person having to go out of their way. As a parent who wouldn't want the best opportunity for their child. A solid education, An opportunity to play in the nicest stadium SEO has to offer, a storied program that is solid year in and year out. Has the entire community behind them. Booster clubs and events that raise THOUSANDS of dollars every year for the school. Brand new state of the art schools. three elementary schools, middle school and a high school. A walk inside Alumni Stadium is as impressive as it gets and why wouldn't a kid want to play inside it. For most its as close as running onto the field at Ohio State.
exactly. people don't realize it's not all about sports. first and foremost they want their kids to have a quality education. I transferred my kids to ironton in junior high. though I lived in the rock hill district for 32 years. we had a bi-racial son we adopted. and rock hill's facility was 16 miles one way. and from my house to ironton was only 8 miles one way. I wanted my kids to experience the culture there, be closer, and play for bob lutz. but most importantly I wanted my son to have an equal opportunity amongst other people of color. and get a quality education for both of them.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

and they still had all their friends from the rock hill district as well. the house was always full of boys from both schools.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Enjoy your $3 to park
Yep, we already milk them for the cost of their license plates, so another $1 per head will be nice. I've heard that it's only going to $3 for that one game and will go back to 2 bucks for the rest. Hopefully that's true. :mrgreen:

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:15 am
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:48 am Good FB and some very fast RBs. Tall and athletic receiver.

I know they had rock hill last week......who do they finish the preseason up with??
Oak Hill

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

Alright now with all the jamboree stuff over it is time for one last go around. After watching the Rockets last night I can say the offense is finally resembling something modern and it does put their best athletes in space to try to make something happen. With that being said they still need to fine tune several things to make it click. The rocket defense needs some work as the only thing that seemed to slow the Oaks down was themselves.

Sounded like the Ironmen got some reps in against a very good Ironton team but other than that I haven’t heard much on that front, I’ll still say the numbers game works out and Jackson runs away in the second half.

Rocket Booster
Riding the Bench

Post by Rocket Booster »

Pretty good analysis 2time. Rocket rushing defense looked stronger against Rock Hill. It also got better as the night went on against the Oaks. Oaks backs ran hard and I think will be successful this season. Saturday night will be interesting to see.
I liked the fact that Coach Smith used multiple players and kept the Oaks defense guessing.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

From the report I got Jackson may not be quite as good as expected. Defense good but gave up stuff over the top. Offense couldn’t do much

Prediction

Jackson 27
Wellston 20

BigBen
Waterboy

Post by BigBen »

Wellston Ironman wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:12 am

Thats ridiculous. Nobody is milking anything out of Wellston. Have you seen the facilities on that hill? We all pay for it. If you want to build facilities like those, you can build them and charge whatever you please to park. If you don’t want to pay it, that’s fine. There is ample free street parking at the bottom of the hill, and you can walk up. I’m sure we can all use the exercise.

Yep, we already milk them for the cost of their license plates, so another $1 per head will be nice. I've heard that it's only going to $3 for that one game and will go back to 2 bucks for the rest. Hopefully that's true. :mrgreen:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ed Ott wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:52 pm From the report I got Jackson may not be quite as good as expected. Defense good but gave up stuff over the top. Offense couldn’t do much

Prediction

Jackson 27
Wellston 20
Still not buying...even after getting shelled by Ironton that we aren’t a 9-1 team. Spires is a stud and will get 10 carries. We’ll put a couple in the backfield way more often and guys like Graham and Johnson will get good carries and do damage. Ice will keep it some when it’s there.

Everyone crying about the line. They are small. Hello it’s Jackson the land of the 5’10 athletes that work hard. Not many 6’4 270’s floating around. Might not be 3 kids over 6’3 in the entire high school. Gonna have to make it work and gonna have to run. Prater looks like a deer running downfield and has incredible instincts and great hands. Winters filling in a nice role and tough to tackle. Dailey looks improved....but this isn’t a 2500 yard passing attack...it’s a 2500 yard rushing attack. Probably won’t show a ton vs Wellston but need to be prepared if they need to.

Defense looks good and barring getting beat deep are going to be hard to score on.

Welcome back 5’5 Joey Richison

Ty Ruckel looks great on the line...maybe the most unselfish Ironmen player in years. Kid was the QB of that class all the way through and when his time came to compete for QB as a sophomore we had a QB transfer in....no crying, no complaints. They needed lineman bad and he accepted the opportunity and has never looked back. I’d love to see him get rewarded at some point in a game with a rush TD or lineman eligible reception....but if he doesn’t he won’t stop fighting for his team or being an anchor lineman. He’s not D1, he’s not rated...he’s not even fast...but he’s an Ironmen.

Hope Mitchell Johnson gets the chances...I think he could open some eyes.

Next Saturday simply has to be fun. This is a good senior group. It’s go time. Good Luck men

BigBen
Waterboy

Post by BigBen »

Ruckel is a work horse. He’s quiet and does his job without the praise he deserves. He’s a perfect example of having heart is just as important as size (not that he’s small). I’m glad his teammates recognized his abilities and voted him captain. It is well deserved.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BigBen wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:58 pm Ruckel is a work horse. He’s quiet and does his job without the praise he deserves. He’s a perfect example of having heart is just as important as size (not that he’s small). I’m glad his teammates recognized his abilities and voted him captain. It is well deserved.
Well said

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:00 pm
Ed Ott wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:52 pm From the report I got Jackson may not be quite as good as expected. Defense good but gave up stuff over the top. Offense couldn’t do much

Prediction

Jackson 27
Wellston 20
Still not buying...even after getting shelled by Ironton that we aren’t a 9-1 team. Spires is a stud and will get 10 carries. We’ll put a couple in the backfield way more often and guys like Graham and Johnson will get good carries and do damage. Ice will keep it some when it’s there.

Everyone crying about the line. They are small. Hello it’s Jackson the land of the 5’10 athletes that work hard. Not many 6’4 270’s floating around. Might not be 3 kids over 6’3 in the entire high school. Gonna have to make it work and gonna have to run. Prater looks like a deer running downfield and has incredible instincts and great hands. Winters filling in a nice role and tough to tackle. Dailey looks improved....but this isn’t a 2500 yard passing attack...it’s a 2500 yard rushing attack. Probably won’t show a ton vs Wellston but need to be prepared if they need to.

Defense looks good and barring getting beat deep are going to be hard to score on.

Welcome back 5’5 Joey Richison

Ty Ruckel looks great on the line...maybe the most unselfish Ironmen player in years. Kid was the QB of that class all the way through and when his time came to compete for QB as a sophomore we had a QB transfer in....no crying, no complaints. They needed lineman bad and he accepted the opportunity and has never looked back. I’d love to see him get rewarded at some point in a game with a rush TD or lineman eligible reception....but if he doesn’t he won’t stop fighting for his team or being an anchor lineman. He’s not D1, he’s not rated...he’s not even fast...but he’s an Ironmen.

Hope Mitchell Johnson gets the chances...I think he could open some eyes.

Next Saturday simply has to be fun. This is a good senior group. It’s go time. Good Luck men
Very good article. Hope both teams have an injury free game.

Return to “Football”