Lane Ruby Southeastern

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Lane Ruby Southeastern

Post by mlittle »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:18 pm If I’m not mistaken, his dad played at Morehead St.
Correct

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Lane comes up just shy of 2,000 yards on the season with,I believe, 36 total TD's. Could have probably gone for 2,500 but he had a lot of games he didn't play much in the 2nd half, and one game that didn't have a 2nd half at all.

I'll say it, he's easily the best football player in the area. A special athlete that we probably won't see the likes of for many,many years in this area.

Leecorso
Waterboy

Post by Leecorso »

Agreed I played college ball on a D3 level played with some awesome athletes but nothing like him wow! I hope someone takes him as a slot receiver he wouldn’t disappoint there or in return game. By far the best I’ve seen in the area in a while. Few years back I went to several games of a kid name joe burrow and now I’m follow a kid named lane ruby. Joe was a heck of a qb lane is a once in a lifetime athlete hope he gets a chance to show off like joe did. I’ll be there following the rest of the panthers run good luck to you all and stay health. Hope you get the chance to show the teams north of 70 we have athletes to

14U
S

Re: Ruby Lane Southeastern

Post by 14U »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:21 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:38 pm It might be old news but he smashed every one at the super combine running a 4.38 Forty. Brian Atkins was fastest forty of any defender running as a Db he ran a 4.76.
You have to watch him live to see how fast he is. He’s a step faster than Wilburn and a step and a half faster than Matthews. Lane is a great football player in the SVC. At 5’9 1/2 I don’t know how he translates in the potential of the next level...but he has better jets than any player in southern Ohio and with studs like Matthews, Wilburn and Parker in the mix...that’s a big statement. I commend the kid for putting in the work to get where he is. He has no business being that explosive lol. A great kid too. I wish him good health this upcoming season...and then maybe a state 100m dash and long jump championship in the spring.
Ironman I watched his dad run for burg and he has the genes to be a great player. I hope the young man gets a chance at the next level. Being 5’10 with that kind of speed, wow. How much does he weigh? You can teach speed and they can teach evening else you know!? His weight or can he put more on is the only thing I see that holds him back Then again I don’t know what he weighs.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

se-alum wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:05 am Lane comes up just shy of 2,000 yards on the season with,I believe, 36 total TD's. Could have probably gone for 2,500 but he had a lot of games he didn't play much in the 2nd half, and one game that didn't have a 2nd half at all.

I'll say it, he's easily the best football player in the area. A special athlete that we probably won't see the likes of for many,many years in this area.
Se-alum, he might not have got 2,000 in 10 games but will get it in week 11. Great job by the young man. We should have 3 runner in the area with 2,000 after the playoffs. Shoemaker, ruby and maybe Parker.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ruby Lane Southeastern

Post by Ironman92 »

14U wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:56 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:21 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:38 pm It might be old news but he smashed every one at the super combine running a 4.38 Forty. Brian Atkins was fastest forty of any defender running as a Db he ran a 4.76.
You have to watch him live to see how fast he is. He’s a step faster than Wilburn and a step and a half faster than Matthews. Lane is a great football player in the SVC. At 5’9 1/2 I don’t know how he translates in the potential of the next level...but he has better jets than any player in southern Ohio and with studs like Matthews, Wilburn and Parker in the mix...that’s a big statement. I commend the kid for putting in the work to get where he is. He has no business being that explosive lol. A great kid too. I wish him good health this upcoming season...and then maybe a state 100m dash and long jump championship in the spring.
Ironman I watched his dad run for burg and he has the genes to be a great player. I hope the young man gets a chance at the next level. Being 5’10 with that kind of speed, wow. How much does he weigh? You can teach speed and they can teach evening else you know!? His weight or can he put more on is the only thing I see that holds him back Then again I don’t know what he weighs.
I don’t think he’s a true 5’10 (maybe in cleats)...looked 5’9ish to me when I spoke to him in April. About 165 all muscle.

But I don’t care about those things, the kid needs to be playing on Saturdays. Some D1 needs to give that kid a look.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

If his body can hold more they can put it on him. The speed will help him but they will test his jumping etc! Does he have any offers yet?

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

14U wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:44 pm If his body can hold more they can put it on him. The speed will help him but they will test his jumping etc! Does he have any offers yet?
Kid is also an amazing long jumper. Likely to medal high at state this year in 100, 200, and long jump.

As for offers, he has offers from Olivet University in Illinois, Indiana Wesleyan University, and the University of Findlay. Toledo and Eastern Kentucky offered him a preferred walk on. Valparaiso wants him to visit when the season is over.

I really think he would fit in well in the MAC. I think schools are hesitant due to size. However, this kid has skills to overcome that.
Last edited by Chief02 on Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

14U wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:44 pm If his body can hold more they can put it on him. The speed will help him but they will test his jumping etc! Does he have any offers yet?
Lol he long jumped 23’2 this spring...could jump from the 7 yard line and land easily into the end zone

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:37 pm
Lol he long jumped 23’2 this spring...could jump from the 7 yard line and land easily into the end zone
Kid sound amazing I see him in the MAC

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Chief02 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:07 pm
Kid is also an amazing long jumper. Likely to medal high at state this year in 100, 200, and long jump.

As for offers, he has offers from Olivet University in Illinois, Indiana Wesleyan University, and the University of Findlay. Toledo and Eastern Kentucky offered him a preferred walk on. Valparaiso wants him to visit when the season is over.

I really think he would fit in well in the MAC. I think schools are hesitant due to size. However, this kid has skills to overcome that.
There are kids like him all over the US and when we see one around we are in amazement. I watched many players from Portsmouth, Ironton that went D-I with that style and some just too small but if they had 3 inches or 40 lbs. I wish this young man the best

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

14U wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:47 pm
Chief02 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:07 pm

There are kids like him all over the US and when we see one around we are in amazement. I watched many players from Portsmouth, Ironton that went D-I with that style and some just too small but if they had 3 inches or 40 lbs. I wish this young man the best
Very true, but Keegan Wilburn gets an offer from OU and is roughly the same size (just slightly bigger by an inch and maybe 10 pounds). Just unfortunate that Ruby can’t get a full ride from at least a MAC school. This is nothing against Wilburn, but I think Ruby is a better player.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Whats the drive up there, and how is parking/getting through the gate? If I leave Portsmouth at 6 is there any chance of arriving right at 7 and getting in quick?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:27 am Whats the drive up there, and how is parking/getting through the gate? If I leave Portsmouth at 6 is there any chance of arriving right at 7 and getting in quick?
Yeah if you leave at 6 you can be there by 7, but you might be parking in front of the school and walking little further, not to bad 3oo yards or so maybe and standing along the fence. There's decent seating but given what SE has done and Ruby I think you'll see quite a few coming out to watch.

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

Not trying to be a Debbie downer here but if football fans in southern Ohio that have never seen Ruby play yet I would advise them to wait for Rd. 2 when they play a much better team. The coaches will limit his carries and feed the 2 rbs all night and still win by 30. Just my humble opinion, Ruby does not need 250-300 yds rushing to win this game but will need fresh legs and a lot of rushes to beat Covington in week 12.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Bumpy wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:26 am Not trying to be a Debbie downer here but if football fans in southern Ohio that have never seen Ruby play yet I would advise them to wait for Rd. 2 when they play a much better team. The coaches will limit his carries and feed the 2 rbs all night and still win by 30. Just my humble opinion, Ruby does not need 250-300 yds rushing to win this game but will need fresh legs and a lot of rushes to beat Covington in week 12.
You could be right, the saved him the first 7 games though and he's only gotten a bunch of carries these last 3 weeks and aired it out against Adena as well. He might not get a lot but I don't think SE is going to chance anything given that it's the playoffs. Look for him early and if SE can get a 2 score lead look for them to feed the other 2 RBs the rest of the way. Have to think Gallagher will want that cushion to start with not go into the game thinking need to rest him. Hey, what's 8 carries and 160 though ;)

Return to “Football”