Logan(3) @ (21)Athens

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: WK6 (1-4) Logan @ (4-1) Athens

Post by 93Bulldog »

Hopefully long enough for Athens to 1-up the current streak by that school up north.

;)

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

doubleplay643 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:30 am How much longer is this series scheduled to continue?
2018 is under contract, Athens return trip to Logan.

As long as Logan doesn't find a league before 2019, Logan plans to renew the series indefinitely. If Logan gets into a league, the schools would have to work out a new week to play the game.

So I would say it'll be on the schedule until at least 2020 at this point.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

dazed&confused wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:32 pm Sorry guys, I think Athens exorcises a lot of demons this week. Hearing about a lot of dissension in the locker room on 328.
I was in there last Thursday. The coaches said they had their best week of practice in two years.

Logan played their most complete game of the season on Friday.

Bring on the Pups.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

doubleplay643 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:29 pm I got Logan.

In the words of locos, and some band I heard was good back in the day, I'm gonna tip my hat - Athens meet the new boss - same as the old boss.

Streak continues.
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

That's one for each win in the streak.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Logan still hates Athens for causing the disbanding of the SEOAL. They hate them so much that they decided to put the league charter in semi retirement just so Athens wouldn't get credit for dooming the league to failure. So if Logan can't get up for this game they won't for any game. Word on the street is they're bringing in the vaunted Paladine for the pregame speech. He's dusting off one his coach used back in the 60's when Palidine "was really good." :D

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:05 pm Heck with it!
LOGAN 30
The Plains 29
How in the world does this game not make the Week 6 Pick-Em contest O&B?

I mean come on man, lol.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

NY Tomcat wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:43 am Logan still hates Athens for causing the disbanding of the SEOAL. They hate them so much that they decided to put the league charter in semi retirement just so Athens wouldn't get credit for dooming the league to failure. So if Logan can't get up for this game they won't for any game. Word on the street is they're bringing in the vaunted Paladine for the pregame speech. He's dusting off one his coach used back in the 60's when Palidine "was really good." :D
Looking forward to Paladin's comments on this one lol.

I am sure we will see some descriptive language in his characterization of Athens.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

NY Tomcat wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:43 am Logan still hates Athens for causing the disbanding of the SEOAL. They hate them so much that they decided to put the league charter in semi retirement just so Athens wouldn't get credit for dooming the league to failure. So if Logan can't get up for this game they won't for any game. Word on the street is they're bringing in the vaunted Paladine for the pregame speech. He's dusting off one his coach used back in the 60's when Palidine "was really good." :D
I hate Logan because it's Logan.

lol

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

doubleplay643 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:06 am
Orange and Brown wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:05 pm Heck with it!
LOGAN 30
The Plains 29
How in the world does this game not make the Week 6 Pick-Em contest O&B?

I mean come on man, lol.
Yea, your right. I dropped the ball with this one.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

If you insist, double play . Paladin wasn't much for pre-game speeches. You couldn't do that week after week and only used it for a couple games a season. That hype is overplayed in my opinion. I played for Mel Adams , who was a pretty good coach and he limited his speeches as well. Mel and I both believed in preparation. Practice. Good game plans. And only in special occasions is a hype speech needed.

However, I don't think ANYONE in SEO doesn't know that Athens ran from the SEOAL and started the fall of the league. Athens is a classless school. The kids at Logan know full well what a piece of garbage Athens is. And how gutless they are. Logan will be up for this one. Speech or no speech, lol.

Have gun, will travel
doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Paladin wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:56 am If you insist, double play . Paladin wasn't much for pre-game speeches. You couldn't do that week after week and only used it for a couple games a season. That hype is overplayed in my opinion. I played for Mel Adams , who was a pretty good coach and he limited his speeches as well. Mel and I both believed in preparation. Practice. Good game plans. And only in special occasions is a hype speech needed.

However, I don't think ANYONE in SEO doesn't know that Athens ran from the SEOAL and started the fall of the league. Athens is a classless school. The kids at Logan know full well what a piece of garbage Athens is. And how gutless they are. Logan will be up for this one. Speech or no speech, lol.
Lol, now that is what I was waiting on Paladin, actually you may have held back a little.

Raider, where are you? You gonna let this slide lol. I mean I thought gas prices was the reason Athens left the league.

Stir, stir

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Paladin wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:56 am If you insist, double play . Paladin wasn't much for pre-game speeches. You couldn't do that week after week and only used it for a couple games a season. That hype is overplayed in my opinion. I played for Mel Adams , who was a pretty good coach and he limited his speeches as well. Mel and I both believed in preparation. Practice. Good game plans. And only in special occasions is a hype speech needed.

We knew we could count on you Palidine. My guess is though that you old folks are the ones who believe, "Athens is a classless school. ...know full well what a piece of garbage Athens is. And how gutless they are." Doubtful the players at Logan think that, or care about it. So if you're planning to use that in your speech I wouldn't bet on it getting the Logan kids fired up. :lol:

meigswolfpack
Riding the Bench

Post by meigswolfpack »

NY Tomcat wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:01 am

We knew we could count on you Palidine. My guess is though that you old folks are the ones who believe, "Athens is a classless school. ...know full well what a piece of garbage Athens is. And how gutless they are." Doubtful the players at Logan think that, or care about it. So if you're planning to use that in your speech I wouldn't bet on it getting the Logan kids fired up. :lol:
Coming from a Nelsonville-Trimble guy who thinks he's better than everyone on the planet. Typical NY fan. We're all sick of this kind of stuff. NY is the least classy school in the area

meigswolfpack
Riding the Bench

Post by meigswolfpack »

Athens -13

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:34 am
I hate Logan because it's Logan.

lol
My dislike for Athens goes back WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before they left the SEOAL.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:15 pm Athens 35
Logan 14
This is actually a rare reasonable post from this dude. Safe bet when looking at the two resumes.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

When you get The Plains Bulldogs on here putting fake info out on having the best team every in SEO it make more people than Logan hate them. Then talking about how good this bench warmer at OSU is when Ironton and Logan has had boys go up there and start. You just can't help not laughing at them and make fun of them.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:26 pm When you get The Plains Bulldogs on here putting fake info out on having the best team every in SEO it make more people than Logan hate them. Then talking about how good this bench warmer at OSU is when Ironton and Logan has had boys go up there and start. You just can't help not laughing at them and make fun of them.
Lol trying to play QB at OSU is a whole different ballgame than offensive line. Plus, he's only a soph, the book isn't finished yet.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The only good thing to come out of Logan is US 33

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:39 pm The only good thing to come out of Logan is US 33
That is incorrect. Three things. Add pizza crossing & Katie smith.

But that's it.

Lol

Return to “Football”