Hocking Division Predictions 2016

JV Team

Re: Hocking Division Predictions 2016

Post by 1906 »

there is a thread Waterford is looking for a coach!

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Orange and Brown wrote:
formerfcfan wrote:Agreed about Waterford.

Am thinking that after Trimble and Belpre, much like recent years, it's anyone's guess. Miller and Waterford I can't see finishing below 5th.

Is the situation at Fed Hock pretty tough? They used to be okay a few years ago.
I haven't seen who their 2 non league opponents are but I don't think 0-10 is out of the question for the Lancers.
Same as last year.....VC and Alex.

SofaKing Crazy
Waterboy

Post by SofaKing Crazy »

Irish Dawg wrote:Miller, Southern, Trimble, and Waterford return the most. I see the Hocking being wide-open for the top spot, especially after the stranglehold Trimble and Wahama have had on the title.
This division needs to be downsized

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

SofaKing Crazy wrote:
Irish Dawg wrote:Miller, Southern, Trimble, and Waterford return the most. I see the Hocking being wide-open for the top spot, especially after the stranglehold Trimble and Wahama have had on the title.
Why?

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

I like the current league.

Irish Dawg
Waterboy

Post by Irish Dawg »

Current setup is nice. Nine schools within 60 students of one another. You won't a league in Ohio with closer size of schools. Great level of competition, especially in baseball, basketball, and football. One drawback is the location of Miller and S. Gallia. Long trips. Lot of natural rivalries. It would take a lot for someone to break-in, or someone to leave.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

MeyerSpread wrote:1.
Trimble

2-5 (in no order)
Belpre
Miller
Southern
South Gallia

6-8 (in no order)
Waterford
Wahama
Eastern

Federal Hocking
Looks like Trimble has lost their play caller and DC. So I doubt they will be nearly as good as they have been. Sources say they are lost without him.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

I don't even think Phil wears a head set so to say someone else was calling the plays can't be true... Does he still have his lucky towel?

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

MeyerSpread wrote:I don't even think Phil wears a head set so to say someone else was calling the plays can't be true... Does he still have his lucky towel?
I'm telling you they lost their offensive play caller of the last five years and their DC. Both told Phil to take a hike and headed to the good side. So Phil moved a youth league coach up to call the offense and hired a Zumba instructor or whatever to call the defense. The Koon twins will be the eyes in the sky this year. Should be interesting. :mrgreen:

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Makes for an interesting week 1... I know that's not related to the topic but still...

morganjones
Riding the Bench

Post by morganjones »

all those junior high ballers from southern last year will make an immediate impact on the tvc hocking this fall

this might finally be when the tornadoes become known as a football school. two titles in the next four years at least

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Irish Dawg wrote: One drawback is the location of Miller and S. Gallia. Long trips.
I believe South Gallia to Waterford is about the same travel time as South Gallia to Miller. Both about 2 hours one way.

Bobby Boucher
Waterboy

Post by Bobby Boucher »

I'd say Miller and Southern have a real good shot to be ahead of Trimble. They both return some good kids and Trimble lost their OC and DC. Trimble could have a slightly down year with the loss of the coaches along with Jenkins and Losey. Should be a good division with 3 or 4 real solid teams. In my opinion it's a wide open division

Ma ma ma mama says go ny bucks
MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Bobby Boucher wrote:I'd say Miller and Southern have a real good shot to be ahead of Trimble. They both return some good kids and Trimble lost their OC and DC. Trimble could have a slightly down year with the loss of the coaches along with Jenkins and Losey. Should be a good division with 3 or 4 real solid teams. In my opinion it's a wide open division
Did Miller win the Hocking in 2000 or 2001? I remember they had a stud running back, Clifton Cox and and went to the playoffs but I also think Trimble and Eastern were loaded that year too so I can't remember who won? Better question, have they ever won a title?

Has Southern ever won a Hocking Title?

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

MeyerSpread wrote:
Bobby Boucher wrote:I'd say Miller and Southern have a real good shot to be ahead of Trimble. They both return some good kids and Trimble lost their OC and DC. Trimble could have a slightly down year with the loss of the coaches along with Jenkins and Losey. Should be a good division with 3 or 4 real solid teams. In my opinion it's a wide open division
Did Miller win the Hocking in 2000 or 2001? I remember they had a stud running back, Clifton Cox and and went to the playoffs but I also think Trimble and Eastern were loaded that year too so I can't remember who won? Better question, have they ever won a title?

Has Southern ever won a Hocking Title?
Miller won the TVC in 1999, Eastern in 2000, and Trimble in 2001. Southern has never won the TVC in football.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

ModsRweenies wrote:
SofaKing Crazy wrote:
I am hearing Wahama wants out
Why?

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Attack,
Do you remember scores from Miller, Eastern and Trimble from those 3 years? Joeeitel doesn't go back that far... I bet there were some good games. I think You guys played Trimble twice in one year in 2002. (If you are who I think you are).

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

MeyerSpread wrote:Attack,
Do you remember scores from Miller, Eastern and Trimble from those 3 years? Joeeitel doesn't go back that far... I bet there were some good games. I think You guys played Trimble twice in one year in 2001. (If you are who I think you are).

PDLS
Waterboy

Post by PDLS »

1999 wasn't close for Eastern or Trimble against Miller. If Cox were eligible for the playoffs that year...
2000 Eastern got revenge iirc. Miller beat Trimble by 3TD's in 2000.
2001 Miller had a few kids that transferred out. A good one to Trimble iirc.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Southern will own the Hocking in a few years. The new coach is no dummy and he knew it was a great time to get this job. The old coach got the program to where it is and has it set up to be at the top of the league and now the hand picked new guy will get to reap the rewards. This new guy will have no trouble out coaching the jokers coaching the other teams in the league. It will be much easier than coaching against the Ohio Division coaches.

Return to “Football”