Wellston(50) @ (7)Alexander

Russ
Waterboy

Re: WK 5. wellston vs alexander

Post by Russ »

Wellston should win easily in 2nd half. Line needs to button a lot of things up though for them to roll. Skills guys could be world beaters but when the QB has less then 2 seconds to get the ball out of his hands not going to be able to do much, same goes for the running backs. time after time you would see a man downfield on a pass but the poor QB for Wellston was running for his life. How is he btw? seen him go down with apparent knee injury?

I could see Wellston with a 5-5 or 6-4 year. either way I will be happy. 2011 was last .500 season and 2006 was last winning season. IF Lucas stays more than 3 years I think Wellston will be on right track with the improvements I have seen this season especially with the number of kids in Uni's on the sidelines.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:22 am We all have them ups and down how long will alex be down for?
I think they will be down for 2 more years. Improvements will will come slowly.
I think Coach Dean can get the Spartans up to a 5, 6 win season in the next couple years. Now that may not be great, but Dean doesn't have the benefit of a really talented class coming up when he started like Penrod did.
Coach Dean has to get the numbers up, and get maximum off-season participation in the weight room.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:31 am
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:22 am We all have them ups and down how long will alex be down for?
I think Coach Dean can get the Spartans up to a 5, 6 win season in the next couple years. Now that may not be great, but Dean doesn't have the benefit of a really talented class coming up when he started like Penrod did.
Coach Dean has to get the numbers up, and get maximum off-season participation in the weight room.
weight room! Key words
Penrod did step into a good situation.

5-6 wins is netter then 1 or 2 keep heads up and push foward

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

I'll say Wellston, but either way NY will feast off the playoff points. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Wellston QB Jordan Lucas likely done for season broken fibula in lower leg

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

hsfbfan wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:37 pm Wellston QB Jordan Lucas likely done for season broken fibula in lower leg
Gonna see a steady dose of Jayjohn the rest of the season.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Yea that one hurts no pun intended

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

wellston needs to win this one

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

even without lucas. this is a winnable game

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:58 am
weight room! Key words

right now the key is teaching the kids how to compete. there is not a class playing right now at the high school level that has won at any level all the way down to biddy ball. The kids have to learn how to compete before they can learn how to win. We either need to schedule down (which I do not like at all) or teach kids the importance of winning the battle across from you and once you do that, then you and the team wins a play, then win a series, then a quarter, then a half, then a game. We really struggle just competing play to play. We will win one play and then struggle to win the next one in order to get off the field. There needs to be a culture change. I really hope Coach Dean can do it. Success breads success. We just need to start finding small victories and continue to build off each one of those. The winning of games will come later.

Come on boys! Let's start by beating the guy across from you and trust your team members will do the same.

Go Alex!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I still think these boys have a good game or two in them. A lot of injuries lately. Just stay in your lanes, learn the fundamentals and play each down. That philosophy will take you farther in life than Friday nights.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

spartans_fan wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:56 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:58 am

weight room! Key words

right now the key is teaching the kids how to compete. there is not a class playing right now at the high school level that has won at any level all the way down to biddy ball. The kids have to learn how to compete before they can learn how to win. We either need to schedule down (which I do not like at all) or teach kids the importance of winning the battle across from you and once you do that, then you and the team wins a play, then win a series, then a quarter, then a half, then a game. We really struggle just competing play to play. We will win one play and then struggle to win the next one in order to get off the field. There needs to be a culture change. I really hope Coach Dean can do it. Success breads success. We just need to start finding small victories and continue to build off each one of those. The winning of games will come later.

Come on boys! Let's start by beating the guy across from you and trust your team members will do the same.

Go Alex!
Heres another question? And im asking these cause if i remember right it has'nt been but ten years since alexander won their first tvc game?

will they give this coach dean more then a cpl years even if its the talents problem?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

They will give Coach Dean a long leash to get things going.
He's a good coach. He can get things going in the right direction and the Spartan faithful know it.
They understand that it will be a long process.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

I hope. Kinda like wellston changing a coach every 2 years does nothing

i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

Wellston by a lot

meigswolfpack
Riding the Bench

Post by meigswolfpack »

Wellston -17
Cal Preps: Wellston 38, Alex 7

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Wellston with a running clock in the second half. Wellston's two losses come from two undefeated teams, Jackson and Portsmouth West. Lucas has them headed in the right direction but may struggle later on this season. I've always questioned Lucas defensive game plans since he was at CG. Anytime they played an equal or superior team, their defense always got exposed.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

def could be better but they gave up 35 to jackson who has put that on every team. and then 31 to west who has almost did that to every team. Sometimes no matter the plan they just aint stopping some teams

mattash
Site Admin

Re: TVC-Ohio WK5 (2-2) Wellston @ (1-3) Alexander

Post by mattash »

Wellston by 21

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Ground Buck
All Conference

Re: TVC-Ohio WK5 (2-2) Wellston @ (1-3) Alexander

Post by Ground Buck »

The only matter in this game is how many playoff points it will provide for NY and Athens. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.

Return to “Football”