Nicest Stadium in SEO?

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Nicest Stadium in SEO?

Post by mattash »

Valley is my favorite overall facility but for game watching it's SV because you can actually stand on the endzone line.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

mattash wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:08 pm Valley is my favorite overall facility but for game watching it's SV because you can actually stand on the endzone line.
I’ve seen people at symmes valley games cut across the field to get from the home side to the visitors side before 😂 standing in the end zone for games is a very cool scene

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Logan is definitely better than Athens . Has Way more seats on both sides and Better parking but a real pain to drive out of there.
Are there any newer stadiums without soccer lines and a track? That would be nice!

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

At Green you can stand alongside the end zone but besides that it’s not the best of fields

SOC 1
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

I always thought Valleys stadium was nice until last friday because they would not let us Burg fans into the stadium until after 6pm and it was a 7 o'clock starting game time I have been to alot of games and no matter where the game was the gates always opened 90 minutes before game time and not only that we could not hear the loud speakers at all someone actually went to their press box and asked them to turn it up and I dont know what happened but they did not turn them up we couldnt even hear them call off the split the pot lol Valleys stadium is nice but someone else definitely needs to be running it

Burg grad 85
piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Got to go with Jackson

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Burg has a great facility but I just wish there was more seating

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

Chillicothe's field and fan facilities are top notch. I think the locker rooms are in need of an upgrade though. Love that scoreboard. Once the new adjacent school is completed, it will be a beautiful campus.

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

If anyone ever gets the chance, take in a game in Northern Ohio at Strobel Field at Cedar Point Stadium in Sandusky. Old school and perfect. Huge limestone concrete walls surround the entire Depression Era complex. A true nod to years gone by. The city has done a great job with keeping amenities up to date without losing the historic ambiance. Similar to Spartan Stadium, but a thousand times nicer. Buckeye and NFL great Orlando Pace played his high school years there.

http://sanduskyhistory.blogspot.com/200 ... field.html

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Coal Grove, Ironton and Burg need to upgrade their visitor seating.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Jackson definitely is the best, but Logan, Athens, Chillicothe and Nelsonville-York are pretty nice.

If we want to talk about tradition and great atmospheres to watch a game in, Ironton and Amanda would have to be right up there. I'm sure Burg would be, as well, but haven't attended a game there.

Not in our area of the state, but Martins Ferry has an outstanding facility that has the old-style covered seats on the home side, about 2,000 modern seats on the visiting side with a nice press box, turf and nice locker rooms. Visiting locker room is larger than some of the home ones you see around here. They also have great food, especially amazing subs.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

mattash wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:28 pm Coal Grove, Ironton and Burg need to upgrade their visitor seating.
Agree. From what I hear that was burgs plans.. instead they have decided to build onto the locker room. It's not big enough to hold all of our players. Maybe in the near future burg will add some bleachers to the visitor side. I think the home side needs more as well.

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:50 pm
mattash wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:28 pm Coal Grove, Ironton and Burg need to upgrade their visitor seating.
Agree. From what I hear that was burgs plans.. instead they have decided to build onto the locker room. It's not big enough to hold all of our players. Maybe in the near future burg will add some bleachers to the visitor side. I think the home side needs more as well.
I’ve always been partial to the stadiums without the track and I love ours, your so close to the action. I have always like Ironton’s Home side covered seating and would love for burg to cover our home stands. I can remember it being so loud at Tank.

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

1. Jackson... seems most complete
2. Portsmouth... just speaks for it self
3. Logan... even though for some reason I just don't like it.
4. Burg... need to fix parking lot and find a few other things.
5. Athens... it just seems not done to me when I am there not sure why.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

To me it Jackson, hands down, as the best stadium in our area.

That said, it's hard to beat the atmosphere at Ed Miller Stadium in the Burg.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

1. Jackson and I have only been there for a soccer game. Next year WCH travels there

Washington CH Gardner park is not bad, I like it and the fact we still have natural grass. We can never get turf due to the fact we are in a flood plain.

Being a Steubenville Grad though I still love Harding "Death Valley " Stadium. Not in se ohio but definitely a place to check out a game at

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

Jackson has the nicest around here.

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

1. Easy pick here Jackson
2. Sheridan , love the cornfield and new upgrades bumped it up imo
3. N-Y- beautiful facility and love the fence covering
4.Logan, like everybody says too far from action ,not much field color, lots of parking but hard to get out with big crowds.

My favorite place I have ever been too was last week Greenview at Springfield Catholic Central. The place is old and outdated but it had that old football feel to it. No fencing around the field you could walk right on and catch a pass, close up with the players on the sideline. Pads were cracking louder and you can interact with them easy.Only drawback was limited old seating but I loved the atmosphere, it was like walking into a time machine.
Last edited by cbolt on Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

cbolt wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:22 pm 1. Easy pick here Jackson
2. Sheridan , love the cornfield and new upgrades bumped it up imo
3. N-Y- beautiful facility and love the fence covering
4.Logan, like everybody says too far from action ,not much field color, lots of parking but hard to get out with big crowds.
I agree. Hate getting out of logan.

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:50 pm
Maybe a bowl style stadium would work or a small scale horseshoe with the open end being the locker room. I’m sure we could fill it up if we tried hard enough.

Return to “Football”