All Conference

Re: Week 5 (3-1) Meigs @ (4-0) River Valley

Post by vctransplant »

Meigs wins.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

The River Valley Radio crew will be LIVE at Raider Field in Bidwell for the Raiders Week 5 game against Meigs! As always, Eric, Carl and Jerrod will bring you the Raider action Friday night!

As always you can listen to us live streaming online or on your phone on the FREE Ustream app!

Here is the link for the live broadcast!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/river-val ... oadcasting

As always.....GO RAIDERS!!!!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I like Meigs because of their defense. It is MUCH improved over 2014.

Sheets and Bartrum (not to mention Lilly and Hood) will score enough against RV for the defense to hold. I think Meigs may end up being the best defense RV has faced so far.

Great to see River Valley having success though. Should be a great match up.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The game can be heard live on K92; 92.1 FM with live streaming at www.wyvk.com.

oldschool
Freshman Team

Post by oldschool »

Ground Buck wrote:RV showed me they are no slouch. But Meigs appears on paper to be good. Could be an early battle for the drivers seat in the title hunt. :mrgreen:
RV beat a bad NY team. I will need to see more than that to convince me they are a legit contender.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

TheLot wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:RV showed me they are no slouch. But Meigs appears on paper to be good. Could be an early battle for the drivers seat in the title hunt. :mrgreen:
RV beat a bad NY team. I will need to see more than that to convince me they are a legit contender.
You are correct. NY was bad, and just bad enough to beat Trimble. Now a new life has been cast upon the Buckeyes and you will see a better brand of Buckeye football. That said, I think RV can hang with Meigs athletically. But can they physically? That will be the question. :mrgreen:

oldschool
Freshman Team

Post by oldschool »

Ground Buck wrote:
TheLot wrote:
You are correct. NY was bad, and just bad enough to beat Trimble. Now a new life has been cast upon the Buckeyes and you will see a better brand of Buckeye football. That said, I think RV can hang with Meigs athletically. But can they physically? That will be the question. :mrgreen:
New life? I thought Dean was calling plays all along. I don't see NY playing much better, although I do see them throwing the ball more.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

I guess we'll see. Be nice to get a couple more wins this season, then have a great off season and play to potential next year. Hopefully Deano is the man to get it done. :mrgreen:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

ive seen both teams. it should be a good one. but meigs has better qb play and should pull away.
Last edited by 1987chieftains on Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Go Raiders!!! Keep it going!

alishuff
Waterboy

Post by alishuff »

Not sure why people are talking about this game the way they are? i don't understand what Meigs has shown River Valley hasn't. When River Valley is on defense they must either jam Meigs receivers or jolt them at time of catch. Bartrum is very much a rhythm QB. It is hard to affect his rhythm with rush because of quick release. jamming his receivers so they are not where he expects is very effective. Since rushers are not going to get to QB often they must be disciplined in rush lanes to stop QB from big scrambles. If they do this they will drastically slow down Meigs offense. River Valley defense very capable of this.

When River Valley has the ball they must remain unpredictable and on track. There QB is not the most accurate passer but they will take many downfield shots. hard fought defensive game if River Valley wins 24-14...

If game turns in to shootout meigs wins by at least 2 scores.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

svac83 wrote:Not sure why people are talking about this game the way they are? i don't understand what Meigs has shown River Valley hasn't. When River Valley is on defense they must either jam Meigs receivers or jolt them at time of catch. Bartrum is very much a rhythm QB. It is hard to affect his rhythm with rush because of quick release. jamming his receivers so they are not where he expects is very effective. Since rushers are not going to get to QB often they must be disciplined in rush lanes to stop QB from big scrambles. If they do this they will drastically slow down Meigs offense. River Valley defense very capable of this.

When River Valley has the ball they must remain unpredictable and on track. There QB is not the most accurate passer but they will take many downfield shots. hard fought defensive game if River Valley wins 24-14...

If game turns in to shootout meigs wins by at least 2 scores.
It's so hard to keep up with the pace Meigs goes at on offense. Good point about jamming the receivers. They have to find a way to slow the pace way down.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Meigs by 14!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

GO MEIGS!!

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Tonight is a BIG game for both teams......The Raiders have played very well on the defensive side of the ball this year.....but.....Meigs is going to be the best offensive team that RV has faced.......home field advantage?......maybe......gonna be packed!!!!

GO RAIDERS!!!!......With a win they will equal last years win total!!!.....This group has shown that they have heart.....I expect nothing less tonight........gonna be a great game!!

There is more of that respect stuff on the line tonight as well......have to earn it.....after beating NY I thought that RV would gain some, but now people are down playing NY.......so, beat Meigs and earn a little more respect.....the program HAS turned the corner....any spectator can see that!!! Best of luck to both teams....hoping for an injury free game.....GO #20!!

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Personally, RV earned a great deal of respect from me by traveling to NY and getting the win. You cannot control what is going on in the other teams locker room. You can only take care of your own team. RV did that. I think Meigs is playing the best football in the league right now, so that is why I would favor them. It does not diminish what RV has accomplished so far this season.

Best of luck to both teams. Go TVC.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

spartans_fan wrote:Personally, RV earned a great deal of respect from me by traveling to NY and getting the win. You cannot control what is going on in the other teams locker room. You can only take care of your own team. RV did that. I think Meigs is playing the best football in the league right now, so that is why I would favor them. It does not diminish what RV has accomplished so far this season.

spartans_fan.....couldnt have said it better myself! Except I am picking River Valley to win! But other then that I agree with you! Too many people taking too much credit away from RV after winning on the road at Boston Field.

GO RAIDERS!!!!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

RVRaiderFan wrote:
spartans_fan wrote:Personally, RV earned a great deal of respect from me by traveling to NY and getting the win. You cannot control what is going on in the other teams locker room. You can only take care of your own team. RV did that. I think Meigs is playing the best football in the league right now, so that is why I would favor them. It does not diminish what RV has accomplished so far this season.

spartans_fan.....couldnt have said it better myself! Except I am picking River Valley to win! But other then that I agree with you! Too many people taking too much credit away from RV after winning on the road at Boston Field.

GO RAIDERS!!!!
Last week was a huge win. Even if RV loses tonight, that shouldn't change anything. Are we saying RV has to win every game to be legit?

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Raiderball wrote:River Valley 2002
8/23 A Southeastern (2-8) [5:20] W 14-6
8/30 A Wellston (8-2) [4:15] L 16-43
9/6 H Meigs (4-6) [3:11] L 17-20
9/13 A Alexander (3-7) [4:15] L 0-19
9/20 H Southern (0-10) [6:23] W 39-0

9/27 A Chesapeake (9-4) [5:19] L 13-42
10/4 A Dawson-Bryant (3-7) [5:19] W 20-7
10/11 H Rock Hill (6-4) [4:15] L 12-35
10/18 H South Point (3-7) [4:15] W 34-7
10/25 H Fairland (3-7) [4:15] W 19-0
Now there is some useless info!! Who cares what happened 13 years ago?
LOL
Your the Jottings of RV. Tons of boring info no one reads

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

hoopshothead wrote:Tonight is a BIG game for both teams......The Raiders have played very well on the defensive side of the ball this year.....but.....Meigs is going to be the best offensive team that RV has faced.......home field advantage?......maybe......gonna be packed!!!!

GO RAIDERS!!!!......With a win they will equal last years win total!!!.....This group has shown that they have heart.....I expect nothing less tonight........gonna be a great game!!

There is more of that respect stuff on the line tonight as well......have to earn it.....after beating NY I thought that RV would gain some, but now people are down playing NY.......so, beat Meigs and earn a little more respect.....the program HAS turned the corner....any spectator can see that!!! Best of luck to both teams....hoping for an injury free game.....GO #20!!
I was very impressed the one time that I saw them play against GA, especially with their defense and no one is going to give respect until you earn it and that is by beating the teams that are picked to beat you, they must control the game and not allow the big play tonight, even so they won't quit. I have listened to them when I couldn't make it to the games and they are fighters. This is also the best defense that Meigs has seen all year. Look for turnovers and field position to decide this one as it always does in hard fought exhausting games.
I like RV 21-20

Return to “Football”