wk1 Gallia Acadamy at Meigs

moonshine
SEO

Re: wk1 Gallia Acadamy at Meigs

Post by moonshine »

My medicine man said that the Meigs boys will take this one from the blue imps!

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

moonshine wrote:My medicine man said that the Meigs boys will take this one from the blue imps!
There is a certain wife of a coach that will be happy that you picked them to win. :mrgreen:

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

If the Blue Devils win, it won't be an upset. Just keep on doubting the boys in blue!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:If the Blue Devils win, it won't be an upset. Just keep on doubting the boys in blue!
I would say Gallipolis will handed Meigs

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Ground Buck wrote:
moonshine wrote:My medicine man said that the Meigs boys will take this one from the blue imps!
There is a certain wife of a coach that will be happy that you picked them to win. :mrgreen:
Still mad hunh bro? :mrgreen:

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

Well it is game week, what does everyone think. Gallia Acadmey was handled by Wheelersburg and it appears Marietta gave meigs all they wanted last night. Think Meigs will be the favorite here. I would love to predict a win for the Blue Devils but i Don't think they can score enough points. This doesn't seem to be a good match up for Gallia. Right now there pass defense is struggling some. Think if they would put Carter and Henry in at safety at same time they would match up better here. And the pass offense seems to be meigs strength. On the other side of the ball meigs defense seems to be struggling in pass defense and right now blue devils pass offense non existent. Routing for a blue devil win but see this game like 35 to 21 meigs. If Gallia offense can score early will be a big key. this team not built to play from behind. Whoever wins this i think will have earned it.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Ground Buck wrote:
Jottings wrote:Ov erall, Gallipolis is 24-9 over Meigs since 1967. The two teams have not played each other in nine years when the Gallians won 28-6 in 2005. Gallipolis has won 8 in a row over Meigs and 19 out of the last 20.
Meigs will make it 24-10 overall this year. :mrgreen:
See I knew we'd agree on som things! :lol:

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I think this could get ugly Meigs can score quick if they get consistent on offense they could do well this year.
Gallia seems to be in a transition mode just hope they can be competitive

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

Is the sheets boy playing or does he have to sit?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

GalliaGrad89 wrote:Is the sheets boy playing or does he have to sit?
He is playing.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

The more I think this game. The more I think it comes down to blue devils getting off to start. If Gallia gets to half down 1 score or less they pull it out late...

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

I am picking Meigs to upset Gallonopiss

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

HowardCosell wrote:I am picking Meigs to upset Gallonopiss
Meigs would say it is not an upset

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Ground Buck wrote:Has Meigs ever beaten Gallia? I hope they do this year cause the Bucks can use the playoff points. :mrgreen:
A little known fact to most is that before the mid to late 1980's the Blue Devils were not a real power house in football 6 or 7 wins were huge during the early to mid 1900's only 8 league titles in 55 yrs between 1930 - 1985. We were usually a team near .500 and never actually made the playoffs until 1985. Yes, Meigs and many teams used to beat us on a regular basis. I have seen a lot of change in the Blue since the 1960's.

I think Meigs will win going away 31-10 Speed just isn't there for Blue, too young and Lines are not very mobile.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

TVC wins this one over the SEOAL in what may be a running clock sometime in late 3rd quarter.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

good luck blue devils.

Bulldog70
Waterboy

Post by Bulldog70 »

Going with Meigs in this one. Gallia Academy is very weakened right now, low on talent. Loss of key player. In-fighting and turmoil. Meigs seems to at least be banding together.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

Would love to hear more about this in fighting and turmoil.... Sounds like a great soap opera.... may be going on in back ground but I think for the first time since playoff year that is not happening... On the team and coaching staff

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

I just hope team stays healthy and improves each week.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

congratulations meigs on a hard fought win. Proud of my Blue devils playing hard until the end. Kids showed a lot of heart. The one thing this team needs to work on is being ready to plat every snap. in 2 scrimmages it happened 3 times and happened again tonight. Defense comes on field for first play of drive not ready to play and end result a huge play. That could of really of been the difference tonight.

Officiating has to be better then it was tonight. I have no problem with any penalty that was called all night. My problem is with the player safety penalties not being called. IT was bad for both teams. There were like 6 horse collar tackles tonight and i think one penalty called and there were i think 3 big helmet to helmet hits with no penalty called. Refs are going to get someone hurt bad by not watching this better. Have no idea how the one on the last touchdown was missed. It laid the kid out..

Return to “Football”