Waterboy

Re: Gallia Football Schedule ?

Post by 6&10 »

Week 2 is RV

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

Unless RV has dropped Southeastern they can't be playing Gallia in week 2.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

edforshey wrote:Unless RV has dropped Southeastern they can't be playing Gallia in week 2.
As far as I know, RV HAS dropped SE and will be playing GAHS in Week 2 at RV. (On Saturday night I believe).

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

RVRaiderFan wrote:
edforshey wrote:Unless RV has dropped Southeastern they can't be playing Gallia in week 2.
As far as I know, RV HAS dropped SE and will be playing GAHS in Week 2 at RV. (On Saturday night I believe).
Seen on OHSAA's open dates page that Southeastern is looking for a Week 2 game now as of July 1st so River Valley did drop them. Hopefully Southeastern can find a 10th game before the season begins.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I would love to see Gallia Academy play Nelsonville-York in a home and home series at some point in the future.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:I would love to see Gallia Academy play Nelsonville-York in a home and home series at some point in the future.
THIS!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

This year will be the end of the "traditional" Week 10 Jackson and Gallia match-up.

Look for these two squads to try and schedule a Week 1-3 game and renew their rivalry in 2018 or so. If Wellston/Jackson would opt out of their Week 1 game with each other after the current contract ends look for a possible Week 1 game between these two. Otherwise my guess is a Week 2 or 3 game will be scheduled prior to Gallia entering their OVC league schedule.

In my opinion there is to much history, rivalry and gate $$, for these two teams to not find a way to play each other after this year. It may be a couple year hiatus until they meet again, but look for them to re-schedule as soon as they can.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

When and who will GAHS scrimmage this fall? Thanks.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

as far as i know the OVC preview on 14th
and jamboree game at wheelersburg on 21st
is what is scheduled

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Thanks.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

kvnchambers wrote:as far as i know the OVC preview on 14th
is what is scheduled
Gallia Academy is playing in the OVC preview this year?
I understood that they would not be joining the OVC until next year?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations on getting your open slot filled.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:
kvnchambers wrote:as far as i know the OVC preview on 14th
is what is scheduled
Gallia Academy is playing in the OVC preview this year?
I understood that they would not be joining the OVC until next year?

7 teams in OVC guess they needed to have another team so all teams would have opponent for preview.
Plus gallia doing a lot of OVC things. playing a OVC basketball schedule along with a SEOAL schedule. Wrestling team wrestling a OVC TRI match.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

After yesterdays 7 on 7 with Alexander really looking forward to seeing this team in pads at OVC preview. I am not one who keeps up on what goes on at school or with football team year round especially since my son has graduate but i think a word associated with blue devils this fall will be surprised. After watching all 3 7 on 7's this summer i have more questions then answers. But the surprising thing to me is i have questions. I thought there would be no questions because i thought there would be no options but that is not the case.

I guess biggest question is who is going to carry the rock for the blue devils. i know Eric ward will get some carries but tho gets the rest. Will number 6 be caring the rock. i like him in space but not sure about as a running back. oh well it will be fun to watch.

I don't know what this team will do in number of wins in loses. not sure what i have scene changes that number much. but in shorts and t-shirts this team will be much better then i thought. Biggest surprise to me had nothing to do with the 7 on 7. Had to do with the line up front.... we have had some boys really grow up and work weights hard. a new transfer or two and a couple of new kids out. don't know if these kids can block and tackle a lick. but if they can we will be much deeper and improved here. As an example i think of Sipple, vansickle, reynolds and johnson as the size and starters on that line and some of biggest kids. Yesterday i saw these boys as just being average size in this group. they will still be undersized but not as badly as i thought as long as they can play.

Return to “Football”