6-2 Meigs @ 8-0 Athens TVC-Ohio Championship

doubleplay643
S

Re: 6-2 Meigs @ 8-0 Athens TVC-Ohio Championship

Post by doubleplay643 »

What style of offense do the Marauders typically line up with and execute?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

doubleplay643 wrote:What style of offense do the Marauders typically line up with and execute?
I've been down to Meigs twice and really like what they do offensively. Coach Bartrum uses two quarterbacks, freshman Cody Bartrum and soph Kalieb Sheets ... Bartrum a little better passer, Sheets the better runner ... Meigs will run a variety of formations, including a lot of shotgun stuff.

I kind of view it as a west coast style doubleplay ... lots of passes to the running backs, short slants, draw plays, etc ... etc ...

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

If Meigs widen the gaps, creating some running lanes. Athens has been two-platooning, playing some smallish LB's, attack with off-tackle and ISO's, quick short passing game. They could control the clock and keep THe Athens "O" on the sidelines. Ball control took them to a win at Warren, would give it a serious look.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Interesting info thanks 93 and auburntgrfan. I still doubt there has been two back to back offensive possessions all year where Athens has punted or very few. For Meigs to compete the short passes better be high percentage and completed to keep clock moving with lots of first downs. Got to hold Athens to a couple consecutive punts or a punt and a turnover or something like that.

And then hope mother nature just is relentless lol with inclement weather. If all the stars align you just never know do you?

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I think meigs and play with athens but if they aren't careful athens could run away with this game.

athens 33

meigs 21

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

66 - 6 Athens got way to much speed and this games on the turf

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

This could be a 14-21 game on grass but its on turf.
On turf
Watkins 53 to 3
Jackson 49 to 0
Alexander 77 to 7 at half

I wouldn't be surprised if Athens puts up 70 on meigs and Nelsonville

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

RAIDER6309 wrote:This could be a 14-21 game on grass but its on turf.
On turf
Watkins 53 to 3
Jackson 49 to 0

Do not be surprised if these two school do everything possible to prevent the bullpuppies from scoring 70.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

moonshine wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:This could be a 14-21 game on grass but its on turf.
On turf
Watkins 53 to 3
Jackson 49 to 0

Do not be surprised if these two school do everything possible to prevent the bullpuppies from scoring 70.
They won't score 70 on either one, Meigs and N-Y are both well coached teams that will keep the clock moving and play good defense. Athens will need to play a good game in all areas Friday night to beat Meigs.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I think a lot of you are grossly underestimating this Meigs team, they are pretty good and will be playing for their playoff lives and a league title to boot. Meigs will give Athens their best shot with basically all of their season goals on the line in one game.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

I should hope that every member of the TVC would be rooting for Meigs, the total disrespect shown to Alexander by the Athens pounding of a score of 83 to 14 should leave a sour taste in all league members mouths for quite some time.
I would hope that someone serves Athens a little payback,,,if not this year, somewhere down the road. At least let em know that they have played a football game.....

GOOD LUCK TO MEIGS

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I watch all the teams since I have Nelsonville tv cable. Its on turf, Athens offense is unreal on turf. U got a freshman QB playing against the best team in SEO. I don't see meigs playing as hard as Fairland for all 4 quarters when down

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

BIGHITSINC wrote:I should hope that every member of the TVC would be rooting for Meigs, the total disrespect shown to Alexander by the Athens pounding of a score of 83 to 14 should leave a sour taste in all league members mouths for quite some time.
I would hope that someone serves Athens a little payback,,,if not this year, somewhere down the road. At least let em know that they have played a football game.....

GOOD LUCK TO MEIGS
77 were scored in first half. Can't really call it disrespect especially when Athens is trying to prepare for a long playoff run.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

tomcat fan wrote:
BIGHITSINC wrote:I should hope that every member of the TVC would be rooting for Meigs, the total disrespect shown to Alexander by the Athens pounding of a score of 83 to 14 should leave a sour taste in all league members mouths for quite some time.

GOOD LUCK TO MEIGS
77 were scored in first half. Can't really call it disrespect especially when Athens is trying to prepare for a long playoff run.
You have your opinion and I have mine......
To hang 83 points on a fellow league member is classless,,,I don't care when or how the points were scored,,, even if it is Arno...
Kinda gives new meaning to the term "Remember the Spartans"

bigblue allday
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue allday »

BIGHITSINC wrote:
tomcat fan wrote:

GOOD LUCK TO MEIGS
To hang 83 points on a fellow league member is classless,,,I don't care when or how the points were scored,,, even if it is Arno...
Really not Athens fault they hanged 77 on them in a half. Its called having a game plan and clock management run the ball. Nothing you can do when Arno's average offense lasted 10 seconds 3 straight pass plays and punt . Athens starters were coming out mid 2nd qt they do have to prepare for playoffs

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

BIGHITSINC wrote:
tomcat fan wrote:

GOOD LUCK TO MEIGS
Even though I dislike the bullpuppies, The only option for the other team prepare and get better

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

GOOD LUCK TO MEIGS
What a crock. With the way Arnie coached that game he is lucky it didn't end up 103 to 14. I actually wish it would have to make him look even more foolish. :lol: I hope Athens scores 80 on Meigs too after the way they acted down there when the Bucks played them. :lol:

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Ground Buck wrote:

GOOD LUCK TO MEIGS
What a crock. With the way Arnie coached that game he is lucky it didn't end up 103 to 14. I actually wish it would have to make him look even more foolish. :lol: I hope Athens scores 80 on Meigs too after the way they acted down there when the Bucks played them. :lol:
So in the post, you condoned Athens beating a team 83-14, which im not saying I have a problem with the way it was done, yet, you still whine because Meigs beat the Bucks by 41? Cry much? Athens will hang 80 on the Buckeyes and then will you whine? Get over it. You seem like such a loser, which I bet characterizes you correctly.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

-BIGHITS

Athens was only at fault of having a highly skilled team with terrific coaching as they executed a nearly perfect game plan.
The only reason Athens scored so many points in the Alexander game was because of the Alexander coaches.

The Alexander coaches set their players up to fail.
Anyone who watched the game Friday night, and with a little football knowledge.
Athens ran 30 plays in the 1st Half, 18 pass and 12 run...pretty balanced
Alexander ran 49 plays in the 1st Half, 37 pass and 12 run...

The Spartans were set-up to fail big by their own play-calling. They had drives that lasted 11 seconds, 12 seconds and so on. They were giving a team that was known to score quick a green light score and score often. You must burn the clock against a team like Athens and keep that Offense on the sideline. What Alexander did Friday was the complete opposite. How do you beat Peyton Manning? Keep him off the field!

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

BlizzardMan wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:

GOOD LUCK TO MEIGS
So in the post, you condoned Athens beating a team 83-14, which im not saying I have a problem with the way it was done, yet, you still whine because Meigs beat the Bucks by 41? Cry much? Athens will hang 80 on the Buckeyes and then will you whine? Get over it. You seem like such a loser, which I bet characterizes you correctly.
NY only hung 36 on your team this year. Enjoy that, cause next year it will be closer to 83. Then Athens will score possibly 93 on your team. That is unless your pleading and begging to get in the Hocking works out for you. :lol:

Return to “Football”