Ironton Football and that Brutal Scedule!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ironton Football and that Brutal Scedule!!!

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i'm ready to move forward. ironton doesn't have to prove their schedule strength to anybody. it has been decades and decades in the making , it is there in black n white for everybody to see. you don't believe me go to joe eitel, and look it up , you can see our schedule, and how we fared all the way back to I think 2002. I invite anybody to view that, then present a schedule grudge. the problem is the last couple years we been down, and these monsters on the schedule that we are used to beating, have been beating us. no excuses from me, that's football. I really say this with the best of intentions, all ya'll that are talking stuff about making fun of ovc or whatever. we are there now, no more speculating over who would or would not not have beaten ironton, we can now prove who's the better, whomever it is.

ironton has been light years ahead of the ovc in the past decades , with an occasional meeting with an ovc team in the playoffs. but things and times have been changing. if the ovc can get to the level that ironton has operated at the past years, and schedule some of these teams theirselves and start winning. you'll see some championships heading to the ovc. I can see this league rivaling the old seoal of past years.i like now that our youngsters can once again play for league championships, as well as individual league honors. I see nothing but good from this, and hope it is long term, and i'm so very glad to see Portsmouth there now.but now everyone has to put their best foot forward as a league. and this will be tremendous, attendance wise, new rivalries, I was never for it in the past, but now i'm all in. but it has nothing to do with struggling the last couple years.i see this as a good thing and invite the other ovc teams to schedule strong with the tigers in non conference, and make this league one of the best in the state, and hope it's a long, long venture together.YTB.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THERE WILL BE NEW EXCITEMENT AT TANKS MEMORIAL STADIUM, AND NEXT YEAR IT WILL BE ON A BRAND SPANKIN NEW RUG.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

noles_fan wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:All 3 got beat by double digits by Burg. Thats just proves Burg is better than all 3.
Burg pulled their starters early agaist Ironton. The other two weren't secure until much later in the game.

I agree, that night burg could have scored 80. I respect that they pulled starters, this not only gives young'uns a chance to get experience, but avoids injuries to starters in a game already handled.but I don't spect to see the fighting tigers down long.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

LHS 72 wrote:AS an old coach of mine said ! "Excuses are for losers"

you got that right

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Tigercannon Fairland would beat Ironton this year by 3 scores easy. Everyone but you seems to get that. Why aren't you for the Grove, aren't you from there? They could of beaten Ironton this year also.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OH, I'M LICKIN MY CANINES----I CAN'T WAIT

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Them Tigers are just young. And them youngins gained a lot of experience this year. They can keep the same schedule and in 2 years be right back on top.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Their junior high program has struggled the last three years. ( This year's sophomores 8 th grade year ) If they have these same kids without new transfers coming in I think Ironton football as the top in SE Ohio will be no more.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

YTB is right thank goodness for this OVC just don't be shocked at outcomes that will happen! When I was little playing this everyone wanted a crack at ironton until it came game day and the game was played and you was like wow these guys are really good !! Not anymore because the playing field has been leveled.

worst thing about the ovc will be that whatever happened in that RH-PEAKE game at the end last night, ironton will have to deal with things like that!!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

cg-ironton fan wrote:YTB is right thank goodness for this OVC just don't be shocked at outcomes that will happen! When I was little playing this everyone wanted a crack at ironton until it came game day and the game was played and you was like wow these guys are really good !! Not anymore because the playing field has been leveled.

worst thing about the ovc will be that whatever happened in that RH-PEAKE game at the end last night, ironton will have to deal with things like that!!
From the postings in here about personal fouls by Ironton this year their thug like attitudes are already there.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

thanks noles fan. i had a feeling there was probably a good reason

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Ironton even on this down year is still better than the OVC teams. When Ironton and Portsmouth starts dominating the OVC the transfers will come in because as soon as Ironton starts league play everybody else is playing for second. At least now when your teams have that rare good year like Fairland and Point is doing now they will actually get a chance to prove it. Ironton has one bad season in 10 years and you guys think you can beat thats laughable.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Just don't see any way on Earth that Ironton could have out scored Fairland this year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

who knows or who cares oaf. from now on we'll able to actually watch the games n see. this year is over for the fighting tigers, time to build for the future. i'm actually looking forward to this venture now.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Just not a good matchup scheme wise for the tigers. Fairland scored in the 40's on 10-0 athens while Ironton was shutout by Raceland. I think Athens would work Raceland like a pack mule this year. Sorry bait ole buddy, just don't see Ironton slowing Fairland down enough to keep pace with them. Speaking strictly on the 2013 teams. Just one football fan's opinion.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Dont have to score with them if you can keep their offense off the field.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

What in the heck are you even talking about. Fairland has 4 brutes up front, they platoon their lines both offense and defense, both are excellent. Ironton is down to one tackle, they are weak at linebacker and ends. Fairland running back Maddox is 50lb bigger and just as fast as your transfer from SPoint who will be outstanding in the future but right now doesn't compare with this back much less with their other outstanding skill guy Campbell, both are experienced and would run all over Ironton. Not to mention the athlete they got at QB. It wouldn't even be close.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Very true it wouldnt be close Tigers by 14.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

oaf you very well may have been right this year. now we'll get to see for sure. will the first years play be next year or the year after.i can't speculate on anybody we didn't play. and we certainly had our problems this year.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Tigercannon, I guess folks from Grove that transplant themselves like you REALLY drank some koolaid. :lol:

Return to “Football”