2015 Logan @ Athens

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: 2015 Logan @ Athens

Post by 1987chieftains »

93Bulldog wrote:No need to watch it, Athens will be terrible next year. According to posters they won't win 5 games next year.

:122249
who does athens bring back next year?

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Personally I don't know what all the pi$$ing is about. Athens left. We all have our opinions of that but the fact is they had no obligation to stay. we all saw what they did the past few years. I'm a Logan fan but what really needs to happen is Logan needs to man up. They have under-performed for several years now. Put up or shut up.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

I personally believe Logan should have kept Lancaster in week one. They need to find a league to play in, and should be playing all the central Ohio teams they can. I know they are playing MSL and a couple OCC teams in all sports and that needs to continue if they ever want a chance to go north. Forget old rivals, create new ones....

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Forget just football

I would like to see Logan go independent for a few years and play.

Circlrville
Logan Elm
Sheridan
New Lex
Chillicothe
Jackson
Canal
Hamilton
Teays Valley
Fairfiels Union

Southeastern Ohio doesn't want anything to do with us...........so like Javagt says it is time to make new rivals.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Logan's current junior class (next year seniors) have had a strong class since the junior high/frosh years. I look for them to compete well against next years Athens group. Should be a heckuva game and look for the build-up of them playing this game again to get some attention in the area.

When was the last time they played?

How long ago was this game scheduled? 2013 or so?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

The reality is Athens left the league and would still be on the schedule playing Logan these past years. But, they were not competitive and like the YELLOW in their uniform, ran from the SEOAL. Losing that league game forced Logan to fill it. End of story. Now Athens has the gonads to try to compete with the Chiefs, finally, again. The Logan athletic dept KNOWS what happened and now there may well be a "message" given to the bullpuppies "on the field".

Logan should do well next year. Athens ? I hear they are limited with move in O.U. coaches sons. I look for a LONG game for the pups.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

javagt wrote:I personally believe Logan should have kept Lancaster in week one. They need to find a league to play in, and should be playing all the central Ohio teams they can. I know they are playing MSL and a couple OCC teams in all sports and that needs to continue if they ever want a chance to go north. Forget old rivals, create new ones....
Agree.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Paladin wrote:The reality is Athens left the league and would still be on the schedule playing Logan these past years. But, they were not competitive and like the YELLOW in their uniform, ran from the SEOAL. Losing that league game forced Logan to fill it. End of story. Now Athens has the gonads to try to compete with the Chiefs, finally, again. The Logan athletic dept KNOWS what happened and now there may well be a "message" given to the bullpuppies "on the field".

Logan should do well next year. Athens ? I hear they are limited with move in O.U. coaches sons. I look for a LONG game for the pups.
Just to be clear, Athens had to pay a penalty (quite a large sum) to get out of playing Logan. I was part of the system at that time!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

noreply66 wrote:Forget just football

Circlrville
Logan Elm
Sheridan
New Lex
Chillicothe
Jackson
Canal
Hamilton
Teays Valley
Fairfiels Union

That would be great but the teams listed have too many league tie in's as far as the schedule stands!

Southeastern Ohio doesn't want anything to do with us...........so like Javagt says it is time to make new rivals.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Circlrville
Logan Elm
Sheridan
New Lex
Chillicothe
Jackson
Canal
Hamilton
Teays Valley
Fairfiels Union

That would be nice. But everyone of those teams except for Jackson will have league games in weeks 6-10.

Sheridan and New Lex only get two non-league games to schedule in total. Several of those teams (all the MSL plus Chillicothe) have league games weeks 4-10.

If Logan went independent, the schedule would look more like this:

Athens
Teays Valley
Chillicothe/Sheridan
Canal Winchester
Nelsonville-York
Jackson (Assuming they do not find a league)
DeSales
Hartley
Watterson
Canadian Team
Probably a non-OHSAA team - very few teams have week 10 openings.

Just my guess if Logan had to go independent.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

LoganLocos wrote:

Circlrville
Logan Elm
Sheridan
New Lex
Chillicothe
Jackson
Canal
Hamilton
Teays Valley
Fairfiels Union

That would be nice. But everyone of those teams except for Jackson will have league games in weeks 6-10.

Sheridan and New Lex only get two non-league games to schedule in total. Several of those teams (all the MSL plus Chillicothe) have league games weeks 4-10.

If Logan went independent, the schedule would look more like this:

Athens
Teays Valley
Chillicothe/Sheridan
Canal Winchester
Nelsonville-York
Jackson (Assuming they do not find a league)
DeSales
Hartley
Watterson
Canadian Team
Probably a non-OHSAA team - very few teams have week 10 openings.

Just my guess if Logan had to go independent.
Maybe Cambridge, Zanesville, or Marrietta

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Paladin wrote:The reality is Athens left the league and would still be on the schedule playing Logan these past years. But, they were not competitive and like the YELLOW in their uniform, ran from the SEOAL. Losing that league game forced Logan to fill it. End of story. Now Athens has the gonads to try to compete with the Chiefs, finally, again. The Logan athletic dept KNOWS what happened and now there may well be a "message" given to the bullpuppies "on the field".

Face it guys, Paladi is a deush bag. He is jealous of Athens, as some other Logan people are. He is also irate that Athens left the SEOAL, which was the beginning of the demise of the conference. He knows that once Athens left the rest of the schools would either run from the league, or run it into the ground. Which is what happened. They needed the leadership of Athens to survive, and crumbled without it. But most importantly to him, his beloved Chieftains will now either have to run from competition and try to join a small school league, or step up in competition and get housed in a Central Ohio league. So he will always take every opportunity to slam Athens, and all other TVC schools. He is not only a deush bag but also an idiot. :mrgreen:

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

^^^ Much agreed!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Ground Buck wrote:

Face it guys, Paladi is a deush bag. He is jealous of Athens, as some other Logan people areNot all Logan fans are like him. He is also irate that Athens left the SEOAL, which was the beginning of the demise of the conference. He knows that once Athens left the rest of the schools would either run from the league, or run it into the ground. Which is what happened. They needed the leadership of Athens to survive, and crumbled without it.No we here at Logan does not need athens But most importantly to him, his beloved Chieftains will now either have to run from competition WHO HAVE WE RAN FROM and try to join a small school league, or step up in competition and get housed in a Central Ohio league. Again you are not clear! So he will always take every opportunity to slam Athens Most Logan fans will always SLAM Athens, but not other TVC schools, and all other TVC schools. He is not only a deush bag but also an idiot. Just like every one on here he has opinions and you have yours but limit the name calling! :mrgreen:

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Last time I checked the Athens Colors were Green & Gold...
Also, Athens Offense next season will most likely be lead by another boy whose father just so happens to be on Ohio University staff...so you'll have that excuse to use for 3 more years...

Lastly, if you claim to be a Diehard Logan Fan, you may want to interest yourself with the state of their sports and less time worrying about Athens. What happened to Logan Baseball?

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

questionmark wrote:

Also, Athens Offense next season will most likely be lead by another boy whose father just so happens to be on Ohio University staff...so you'll have that excuse to use for 3 more years...

Lastly, if you claim to be a Diehard Logan Fan, you may want to interest yourself with the state of their sports and less time worrying about Athens. What happened to Logan Baseball?
Wait a minute back in the late 60's 70' and 80's they were green and yellow still! If you keep responding to Paladin he just keeps enjoying the fun even more.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

LHS 72 wrote:
questionmark wrote:

Wait a minute back in the late 60's 70' and 80's they were green and yellow still! If you keep responding to Paladin he just keeps enjoying the fun even more.
school out for another day!

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

C'mon LHS...everybody has a Lunch Break to Poke the Bear...lol

Also, Athens Colors were once Red & Black...
After consolidation, they were and are Green and Gold...

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

questionmark wrote:C'mon LHS...everybody has a Lunch Break to Poke the Bear...lol

Also, Athens Colors were once Red & Black...
After consolidation, they were and are Green and Gold...
YELLOW I know they had uniforms like the packers

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

green, yellow, gold, whatever ...

they are still better than purple. I'm still waiting on the pink Chieftain head to be placed on the helmets ... its seems only fitting they make that change.

:mrgreen:

Return to “Football”