TVC expansion

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Re: TVC expansion

Post by ArmChairQB »

7 is fine for the Ohio - 8 would be better!
9 is too many for the Hocking. The Hocking would be better off If they would drop Wahamma or better yet SG,
I have heard nothing positive about the trip to SG!

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

For goodness sake add Warren, it makes complete sense. 8 is perfect number

SEOP12
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP12 »

Move Belpre back to the Ohio

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

SEOP12 wrote:Move Belpre back to the Ohio
They are a D7 school, why in the world would they even consider moving to the Ohio???

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
SEOP12
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP12 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
They are a D7 school, why in the world would they even consider moving to the Ohio???
They used to be in the Ohio but couldnt win so the league moved them down

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Yeah..I think the most logistical thing would be to move a Hocking team over to the Ohio, but which ones would be able to compete? Trimble? Waterford has had a decent stretch as of late, but both of those schools are so small. Is Fed Hock the biggest school in the Hocking? I thought the TVC expansion would have been great for the league, but apparently I was in the minority. A league that looked like this would be fun to watch:

Logan
Jackson
Athens
Warren
Vinton County
Meigs

Alexander
Wellston
River Valley
Nelsonville-York
Fed Hock
Belpre

Trimble
Southern
Miller
Waterford
S. Gallia
Eastern

I think that is everyone except for Wahama, which I've always thought should be in a league in WV just because there are different rules and regulations they need to follow around tournament time. That leaves everyone with 5 league games for football and they could schedule with TVC teams in other divisions for their non league. Always seemed to make sense to me at least.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Warren to the Ohio would be a good move. Get to 8 teams and then you avoid league bye weeks in the second half of the season.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I would not oppose dropping south gallia, adding warren to the ohio & making it two 8 team leagues. Logan joins the MSL. Everyone is happy & has a league so long as South Gallia is welcomed back to the SOC I.

morganjones
Riding the Bench

Post by morganjones »

If the TVC were to vote Jackson in, it would make letting Athens in look like a brilliant decision. LOL

Why? Dear God, why would you invite a team in which will dominate the showcase sport (football) nine years out of ten?

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

93Bulldog wrote:I would not oppose dropping south gallia, adding warren to the ohio & making it two 8 team leagues. Logan joins the MSL. Everyone is happy & has a league so long as South Gallia is welcomed back to the SOC I.
Correction, Athens is happy... No one else is happy! LOL

VCPops
Freshman Team

Post by VCPops »

Rufus wrote:Yeah..I think the most logistical thing would be to move a Hocking team over to the Ohio, but which ones would be able to compete? Trimble? Waterford has had a decent stretch as of late, but both of those schools are so small. Is Fed Hock the biggest school in the Hocking? I thought the TVC expansion would have been great for the league, but apparently I was in the minority. A league that looked like this would be fun to watch:

Logan
Jackson
Athens
Warren
Vinton County
Meigs

Alexander
Wellston
River Valley
Nelsonville-York
Fed Hock
Belpre

Trimble
Southern
Miller
Waterford
S. Gallia
Eastern

I think that is everyone except for Wahama, which I've always thought should be in a league in WV just because there are different rules and regulations they need to follow around tournament time. That leaves everyone with 5 league games for football and they could schedule with TVC teams in other divisions for their non league. Always seemed to make sense to me at least.
That is not a bad looking setup, I would put Trimble in the middle division since they already play NY every year and would be competetive with Alex,Wellston and River Valley despite the size difference.Move Fed Hock to the lower division and yes get Wahama out of TVC,

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

MeyerSpread wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:I would not oppose dropping south gallia, adding warren to the ohio & making it two 8 team leagues. Logan joins the MSL. Everyone is happy & has a league so long as South Gallia is welcomed back to the SOC I.
Correction, Athens is happy... No one else is happy! LOL
The Buckeyes aren't complaining. We just keep trying to strive to get better in all sports.
I do thing we need to be in the Hocking for Cross Country and Track and field. Athens can almost win the league in those sports off of numbers alone.
I don't mind playing Athens for league titles in football. NY has never been great in Boys Basketball so can't argue Athens is stopping us from competing there as well.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

From recent history, it is clear the TVC does not want to expand, so why does this topic continue to come up?

No TVC Hocking school wants to move up to the Ohio. Period.

Athens isn't going anywhere. Period. In fact, Athens doesn't have anywhere to go even if the Bulldogs did want to leave. With the death of the SEOAL, there are no other leagues Athens could join that would not result in massive road trips for all away games. That was one of the primary reasons the Bulldogs joined the TVC in the first place - short trips to road games.

If I was in charge, I would accept Warren as the final member of the TVC OHIO and call it a day. But I'm not in charge. And those who are in charge have made it clear on multiple occasions that they do not want Warren back in the conference. Warren's biggest mistake was leaving in the first place, but that is a different story.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

SEOP12 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
They used to be in the Ohio but couldnt win so the league moved them down
Might have also had something to do with their plummeting enrollment. That district has been in sad shape and it probably isn't going to get much better any time soon. The move made sense.
ArmChairQB wrote:The Hocking would be better off If they would drop Wahamma or better yet SG,
I have heard nothing positive about the trip to SG!
The Hocking is as close to perfect as it is going to get for a small school league. I mention this every time the topic comes up - it is almost a guarantee that the Hocking's top 3 teams will make the playoffs every year and they've had a few upsets that have cost them four spots in a season (it could easily happen).
Rufus wrote:Yeah..I think the most logistical thing would be to move a Hocking team over to the Ohio, but which ones would be able to compete? Trimble? Waterford has had a decent stretch as of late, but both of those schools are so small. Is Fed Hock the biggest school in the Hocking? I thought the TVC expansion would have been great for the league, but apparently I was in the minority. A league that looked like this would be fun to watch:

Logan
Jackson
Athens
Warren
Vinton County
Meigs

Alexander
Wellston
River Valley
Nelsonville-York
Fed Hock
Belpre

Trimble
Southern
Miller
Waterford
S. Gallia
Eastern

This setup has been posted numerous times and I'll say again, it's horrible. The small schools have zero reason to alter their setup. If the big schools (Athens, VC) wanted to compete against Logan & Warren for league titles, they wouldn't be in the TVC right now. The TVC Hocking had virtually that same small school setup you posted here at one time and it didn't do much for any of the schools involved. 6-4 league champs and the league getting no one in the playoffs isn't much fun. Easy scheduling, guaranteed points for your top teams...there's nothing wrong with the Hocking Division.

buckfan2016
Waterboy

Post by buckfan2016 »

move Trimble up to the Ohio for football only. That would give you 8 teams in each division. Play league games in weeks 4-10 and that would make weeks 1-3 for non-league and much easier for our athletic directors. Trimble would compete in football and put them back in the hocking for basketball and baseball. just my thoughts guys

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

buckfan2016 wrote:move Trimble up to the Ohio for football only. That would give you 8 teams in each division. Play league games in weeks 4-10 and that would make weeks 1-3 for non-league and much easier for our athletic directors. Trimble would compete in football and put them back in the hocking for basketball and baseball. just my thoughts guys
Trimble has already declined to move up to the Ohio in the past. No Hocking team wants to move up to the Ohio in any sport.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I've said it many times and I'll say it again
We are a good stable league. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
At some point in the future the league may consider adding another team to the Ohio. I would love to have Warren in the league but if they don't that is fine with me as well.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Barring major shifts in the MSL Logan won't be going there.

They don't seem to have any real interest in adding Logan.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

IMO.....Athens is to big and should never have been accepted into the league. Athens Dominates the Ohio in almost every sport winning league titles or finishing in the top tier every year. Adding warren, jackson, or logan would be just be more devastating to competitive balance and would cause the other schools to look for or create a more balanced league.

Here's an Idea: Athens, Jackson, Warren, Logan, and Gallipolis create a league and play with each other? Oh wait.....

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
HammeredEagle
Waterboy

Post by HammeredEagle »

Lets first figure out why people want the TVC to expand.

TVC Ohio people want it to expand because Athens dominates the league.
TVC Hocking people want it to expand because they think Trimble would go up and despite Trimble being D7, they always seem to have a lot more players and they dominate the league.

Now why do people not want it to expand.

TVC Ohio people don't want more people to deal with that could come in and dominate the league.
TVC Hocking people are afraid Trimble won't move up, and the current format gets several teams to the playoff even though nobody ever beats Trimble except once every 10 years or so and they can never win the league.

Return to “Football”