Logan vs Reynoldsburg-2010

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: Logan vs Reynoldsburg-2010

Post by 1987chieftains »

Heavy D wrote:Now that Athens says they want to schedule up, I would like to see Logan get them back on the schedule as a non league game. With Athens big turn around I would guess it would be a huge gate. Pluse with Athens winning 9 games it would be major playoff points if Logan can beat them. :mrgreen:

i don't think we'll see that anytime soon. the bullpups have nothing to offer us except a lopsided win. :mrgreen:
i know some on both side was hoping they would have both met up in the playoffs last year. that 1 would have been real ugly, real fast!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The only way Athens would play Logan again--would be if there was Logan East and Logan West---then after falling to both they wouldn't be around again.

It is just sad that a big town as Athens has to be in the TVC. The TVC is a great league but they didn't need Athens. This is like if Logan was down a few years that league would come hunting for us.

Goodwill hunting

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

The only way Athens would play Logan again--would be if there was Logan East and Logan West---then after falling to both they wouldn't be around again.

you mean dicken addition and west logan :lol: :lol: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

1987chieftains wrote:

you mean dicken addition and west logan :lol: :lol: :lol:

dicken addition mudhens and the West logan mudsocks

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

I would have to think Canal Winchester would have to be interested in being in a league with Logan. CW has outgrown the Mid State League. Both Logan and CW are D2 and are stuck in leagues with much smaller schools. being only 30 miles apart would make these two schools a good fit for each other. Throw Groveport into the mix and you are half way to a new Conference. I'm sure there are some other schools that would show some interest.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I would like to see

Canal
Circleville
Chillicothe
Groveport
Jackson
Logan
Logan Elm

this would leave three non-league

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

don't bad. i like that. if that came true, what would the chances be it could draw in a D1 from the OCC?
who all is in the MSL?

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

noreply66 wrote:I would like to see

Canal
Circleville
Chillicothe
Groveport
Jackson
Logan
Logan Elm

this would leave three non-league

Good for Logan in football but other sports might be brutal. Also, I'm not sure all these teams would view it favorably.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Though it's a stretch of a drive to a few places for Logan or to Logan, I would love for the MVL to pick them up.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

The only way Logan leaves the SEOAL is if the COL is somehow resurrected. To be honest the COL kind of still exists. The conference just goes by the name of the OCC Ohio division these days, and I highly doubt Logan gets an invite.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i agree. logan is too much of a drive for some occ teams besides they don't take kindly to getting beat by a bunch of hillbillies and we all know this.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

lhsfan97 wrote:I would have to think Canal Winchester would have to be interested in being in a league with Logan. CW has outgrown the Mid State League. Both Logan and CW are D2 and are stuck in leagues with much smaller schools. being only 30 miles apart would make these two schools a good fit for each other. Throw Groveport into the mix and you are half way to a new Conference. I'm sure there are some other schools that would show some interest.

How about:

Bexley
Hamilton Twp
Pick North
Pick Central
Groveport
CW
Lancaster
Logan Elm
Logan

Then ask Athens to join to make it an even number. :mrgreen:

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:
lhsfan97 wrote:I would have to think Canal Winchester would have to be interested in being in a league with Logan. CW has outgrown the Mid State League. Both Logan and CW are D2 and are stuck in leagues with much smaller schools. being only 30 miles apart would make these two schools a good fit for each other. Throw Groveport into the mix and you are half way to a new Conference. I'm sure there are some other schools that would show some interest.

How about:

Bexley
Hamilton Twp
Pick North
Pick Central
Groveport
CW
Lancaster
Logan Elm
Logan

Then ask Athens to join to make it an even number. :mrgreen:

Hey wait a minute, Athens would only cut and run again!

Take Pick Central and Lancaster out and we might have a league!
Last edited by moonshine on Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

I had a chance to watch Reynoldsburg last year... I think they are a little better than their record, and they have some very talented young kids coming up. It probably wouldn't show up yet, but if they can keep their talent together, they should be much improved in 2-3 years. If that happens, it could turn into a big points boost for Logan.

But.... Who knows how things will play out that far down the line.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Reynoldsburg had a nice back this year but he graduates. They also had some decent linemen for a change, but they also graduate. The Burg has been and continues to be one of the worst programs in the OCC. Anyone expecting them to go .500 or better needs to stop drinking what you got. While the Chiefs will get some competition, the Burg should always be a win.

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

rumor coming from the pckerington area is several of reynoldsburg's better skill players have transfered to Pickerington North. The Burg may be way down if thats the case while North just got that much more speed and talent on their team.

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

And as for a New Conference here would be mine. I based it off current school enrollment, future growth potential, and location. I would leave it a 7 team conference allowing for school to schedule several of their old rivalry games as non-conference games every season.

Canal Winchester - 755 students
Teays Valley - 865 students
Logan - 921 students
Pickerington Central - 1223 students
Lancaster - 1248 students
Pickerington North - 1325 students
Groveport Madison - 1503 students

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Didn't know that Groveport Madison was that large--seems with that many students you would hear more about them in sports

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

wasn't it groveport or grove city that had to cancel football this last season??

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

Grove City was the school that had canceled fall sports last season.

Groveport has had I beleive 1 winning season in football in the last decade. They have troble in most sports every year.

Return to “Football”