Logan 31 Athens 30

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK6 Athens (4-1) @ Logan (0-5)

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote:The last Athens win against Logan was a 50-21 game at Logan in 1995. After that win Athens had its worst 10 years in school history with only those couple good years with Grant Gregory. Logan on the other hand some of its best teams. But since Athens left the SEOAL, Athens has been the far superior program.

In 12 years after that game Athens only won 34 games and lost 86 games
In 9 years after the SEOAL Athens has won 75 games and lost 22 games
Athens has been the far superior program comparing with Logan??? Where is your head?? Never mind, I know.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Going to have to disagree on that if you are talking year after year consistency, even with Athens leaving the Seoal. Athens has never been the superior program. Raider, the Burrow team has still gotten your head swollen as big as a beach ball. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But I think you will get the W this Friday and you should, but don't pound you chest after because Logan is freakishly abnormally WAY WAY down. :(

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote:Athens got beat by Marion-Franklin in Logan that one year,I was at that one :D
Sure did Bolt. :)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Over the last 10 years, yes, Athens has been the better program. They had a 9-1 season with the Vinnie Rider team. A 10-0 team pre Burrow. Joey went 29-1 over the next three years. Athens had 4 straight playoff appearances, went to the regional championship three straight times, claimed one of those titles & played for a state championship & darn near won it. Tough to argue that resume, IMO.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:The last Athens win against Logan was a 50-21 game at Logan in 1995. After that win Athens had its worst 10 years in school history with only those couple good years with Grant Gregory. Logan on the other hand some of its best teams. But since Athens left the SEOAL, Athens has been the far superior program.

In 12 years after that game Athens only won 34 games and lost 86 games
In 9 years after the SEOAL Athens has won 75 games and lost 22 games
Athens has been the far superior program comparing with Logan??? Where is your head?? Never mind, I know.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Going to have to disagree on that if you are talking year after year consistency, even with Athens leaving the Seoal. Athens has never been the superior program. Raider, the Burrow team has still gotten your head swollen as big as a beach ball. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But I think you will get the W this Friday and you should, but don't pound you chest after because Logan is freakishly abnormally WAY WAY down. :(
Athens has definitely been the better and more consistent program over the last 10 years.

You have no argument to prove they haven't......

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I'll have to agree to disagree. Chiefs even beat ya last year and you didn't play Logan for a long time. But "you should" get a win Friday.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Enough with the drum set already lol...

C'mon guys, lord knows that I am no Athens proponent by any stretch of the imagination, but give credit where credit is due.

Over the last 10 years (if that is our time frame for this argument), Athens has probably had one of the better runs around. They played in and advanced in the playoffs several of those years culminating in the State Championship game.

If you wanna make an argument about a period longer than that or SOS or something else that is one thing, but last 10 years or so probably ought to just admit they have been pretty good.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:I'll have to agree to disagree. Chiefs even beat ya last year and you didn't play Logan for a long time. But "you should" get a win Friday.
How many playoff appearances has Logan has in the last 10 years?
How many games have they one?
How many regional Championships have they played for?
How many state titles have they played for in the last 10 years?

It's pretty clear to everyone outside of Logan who has had the better program over the last 10 years.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Nobody north of Columbus even knows where Logan is. The whole state knows who Joe Burrow is & where Athens is. Has the Chiefs ever been on STO & played in front of the entire state? Athens has been the game of the week 4 times. Open up the OHSAA record book, Athens has all sorts of records including the highest scoring team of all time! I got two more words for ya ... Mr. Football! ... :)

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

93Bulldog wrote:Nobody north of Columbus even knows where Logan is. The whole state knows who Joe Burrow is & where Athens is. Has the Chiefs ever been on STO & played in front of the entire state? Athens has been the game of the week 4 times. Open up the OHSAA record book, Athens has all sorts of records including the highest scoring team of all time! I got two more words for ya ... Mr. Football! ... :)

Easy 93, people probably know of Athens because of a place called Ohio University lol, then Burrow and then distant third lol Athens Bulldogs.

I think they have another record to that you are forgetting perhaps? Scored the most points in a state championship game and lost, is that true?

Now, like I said no one should take away the success of this program over the last 10 years. Athens-Trimble-Wheelersburg and even Valley until this year all have done an outstanding job and have great staffs which should be congratulated along with the run of athletes each of those schools have had.

Just waiting till Athens-Logan thread goes into the TVC-SEOAL dumpster fire.

Logan will hang tough for a quarter and then I think Athens runs away with it.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

When was the last time Athens played Logan not counting last year? 2007 I think and Logan won 62-6 I believe and Logan definitely had some teams in between that time frame that would have put it on Athens. Burrow for Athens is not the only Buckeye product that has come from this area. Logan has had a few as well. Want to dig deeper into history depths Bulldog. We can if ya want. Wanting to beat you bad again Friday but looks like Logan is on the downside in this one. Congrats. Couldn't want a better time to kick us while we are abnormally down.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Hey now, I love Katie!! I'm not going there. Lol ... we're talking football program over last 10 years. 2011-2014 we would have smoked you. But we didnt play, just sayin. ;)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

If only I could burn another A into the field at The Hilltop ... Ah, good times. Lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Two more words ... Luck Fogan ... ;)

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

93Bulldog wrote:Hey now, I love Katie!! I'm not going there. Lol ... we're talking football program over last 10 years. 2011-2014 we would have smoked you. But we didnt play, just sayin. ;)
Katie? That's another story. You mean, Brooks Burris, Josh Jackson, Derek Harden. All Buckeye football players. :)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I need a Luck Focos shirt made before I see Spencer in the pressbox friday. Lol

Josh Jackson, a kicker? That's like bringing a knife to a gun fight. :)

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

93Bulldog wrote:If only I could burn another A into the field at The Hilltop ... Ah, good times. Lol
So your the one that kept doing that. :lol: :lol: :lol: All in fun and School spirit. No harm done. I thought is was actually cool when I was young and heard Logan people talk about the burnings of A's in Logan's field. Had everyone wondering. :lol: :lol: Caught us off guard many times. Sneaky sneaky. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

93Bulldog wrote:Two more words ... Luck Fogan ... ;)
No harm done Bulldog. :lol: :lol: If ya didn't have a rival what fun would it be. I respect Athens, don't take me wrong.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The Athens defense was so bad while Burrows was there.
The Conrads defense would have held Burrow down to 30 points and their defense would have allowed Logan to score 40 plus...just that simple.

Logan under the Conrads...good defense and good offense
Athens under Burrows "Our offense needs to score more than the defense gives up."

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

We also decorated your town in green & gold before the 1990 game, as your policeman watched & laughed! Lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Seriously noreply? Toledo Central Catholic, DeSales & ASVSM couldnt hold Athens down, but Logan could? SMH

Return to “Football”