Fort Frye 37 Northridge 20

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK 4: Johnstown Northridge (1-2) @ Fort Frye (3-0)

Post by EasternDspy »

I think it will be closer.

efarns
S

Re: WK 4: Johnstown Northridge @ Fort Frye (3-0)

Post by efarns »

Talked to one of my Northridge cousins to get the inside scoop after he watched them play the last 3 weeks, and he informed me that "It's hard to say" how good they are. With high quality analysis like that, I predict that Fort Frye will win by at least as much as they did a year ago.
Stan_Marsh wrote:Eastern, that is a very true point
Efarns, cmon man don't look too deep into things. I was not being disrespectful towards any Northridge kids or coaches. I was talking football and how I think the game should go. Obviously when you make a prediction there is going to be someone you guess that loses. That's not disrespect. I'm not saying the kids are sandbagging, I'm not saying the coaches aren't very good, I'm just saying in my mind Northridge is not a playoff caliber team, in my mind Fort Frye is a playoff caliber team. In my mind if Fort Frye is going to be playing in week 12 then they should beat Northridge in controlling fashion.
Last year, Fort Frye went 10-0. Beat Caldwell, who acquitted themselves well in the playoffs, in a nailbiter, and had a competitive game with Fredrickstown, which went on to win another playoff game after beating our team.

And yet, last year, at Northridge, the outcome of the game between The Cadets and The Vikings was very much in doubth. From what I saw, if they played our schedule, they'd be 8-2. It's the only game I've seen Northridge play in the last 17 years, and I don't come in expecting The Cadets to just walk through a 30 point win.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Good thoughts efarns, I can certainly see where your coming from when it's put that way.

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

When Washington CH played Northridge this year they were solid. It was a close game going into the 4th quarter.

They have a very Athletic QB who can run and has a decent arm. There Running back is capable of breaking off a long run. There players did a good job of getting yards after catch in space.

There defense was scrappy , special teams struggled. They are going to win some games and they were no pushovers.

I know Fort Frye is tough but this could be a tight game.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Big test for Fort Frye. Northridge is a solid team.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I've tried to tell people the record is deceiving both losses were to 3-0 teams and they made those games respectable I think they do this year as well. Cadets by 12

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

EasternDspy wrote:I've tried to tell people the record is deceiving both losses were to 3-0 teams and they made those games respectable I think they do this year as well. Cadets by 12
One day, people will learn to listen to you a little bit.

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

Does anyone know the grade for the running back for Northridge, Also Northridge has a backup QB who is a better passer than the starter, Im not sure if he plays on the field somewhere else. He seems like a good athlete.

efarns
S

Re: WK 4: Johnstown Northridge @ Fort Frye (3-0)

Post by efarns »

efarns wrote:Talked to one of my Northridge cousins to get the inside scoop after he watched them play the last 3 weeks, and he informed me that "It's hard to say" how good they are. With high quality analysis like that, I predict that Fort Frye will win by at least as much as they did a year ago.
Stan_Marsh wrote:Eastern, that is a very true point
Efarns, cmon man don't look too deep into things. I was not being disrespectful towards any Northridge kids or coaches. I was talking football and how I think the game should go. Obviously when you make a prediction there is going to be someone you guess that loses. That's not disrespect. I'm not saying the kids are sandbagging, I'm not saying the coaches aren't very good, I'm just saying in my mind Northridge is not a playoff caliber team, in my mind Fort Frye is a playoff caliber team. In my mind if Fort Frye is going to be playing in week 12 then they should beat Northridge in controlling fashion.
Last year, Fort Frye went 10-0. Beat Caldwell, who acquitted themselves well in the playoffs, in a nailbiter, and had a competitive game with Fredrickstown, which went on to win another playoff game after beating our team.

And yet, last year, at Northridge, the outcome of the game between The Cadets and The Vikings was very much in doubt. From what I saw, if they played our schedule, they'd be 8-2. It's the only game I've seen Northridge play in the last 17 years, and I don't come in expecting The Cadets to just walk through a 30 point win.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

efarns wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:I've tried to tell people the record is deceiving both losses were to 3-0 teams and they made those games respectable I think they do this year as well. Cadets by 12
One day, people will learn to listen to you a little bit.
Listening to him is why I'm predicting a big win for the Cadets lol either that or he highly overrated Fort Frye all pre-season. If Fort Frye is as good as he has been saying then the Fort will own Northridge. If Northridge keeps it close, then enjoy one of the best Fort Frye teams in Fort Frye history going on and done in the playoffs again.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

If Northridge keeps it close maybe it's not a reflection of Northridge being that good, maybe it's a reflection of Fort Frye being overrated and the PVC being extreme weak sauce this season

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

I would put zero stake in the fact that they lost to Lakewood and Washinton CH. those are terrible programs that happened to have cupcake starts. Lakewood will start 4-0 and finish 4-6. Most years they don't win a game. Northridge won't be good and if fort comes to play it will be a 35 point game

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

redskinwitness wrote:I would put zero stake in the fact that they lost to Lakewood and Washinton CH. those are terrible programs that happened to have cupcake starts. Lakewood will start 4-0 and finish 4-6. Most years they don't win a game. Northridge won't be good and if fort comes to play it will be a 35 point game

Redskin is obvious that you have been to each game to see those terrible programs, who just got lucky to start out 3-0 and beat programs that are even worse. I am amazed at your ability to see teams around the state to see how much they have improved.

Oh wait you probably have not seen either team and don't have a clue .

I can only speak for WCH but there has been a turn around in the program. We have beat 3 teams that are going to win games and have. Johnstown, Circleville usually a playoff team or contender, and London usually around .500..

This team we have this year is solid, and Johnstown is not a bad team they can win games not sure how many, but they are not cupcake teams.

Thanks for the input though.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Traditionally, as in until this year, both of those programs have been bad. Lakewood did beat Amanda but this is not Amanda of ten years ago. I'm sure both are obviously improved but come week ten Lakewood won't have more than 4 wins. Hopefully CH does finish as strong as they've started.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

redskinwitness wrote:Lakewood did beat Amanda but this is not Amanda of ten years ago.
Amanda beat Meigs.

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

redskinwitness wrote:Traditionally, as in until this year, both of those programs have been bad. Lakewood did beat Amanda but this is not Amanda of ten years ago. I'm sure both are obviously improved but come week ten Lakewood won't have more than 4 wins. Hopefully CH does finish as strong as they've started.

I get what your saying, We do have a decent History at WCH We last made the playoffs last in 2007 I believe Its been up and down. Right now we are having a good year. I did think Northridge looked better this year. We also scrimmaged Amanda they were solid I know they have had alot of injuries but they still had some solid players.

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

Both Johnstown Monroe and Northridge have come a long way the past six years. With people moving farther out of Columbus beyond New Albany these two schools have jumped up in division. Monroe clearly the superior of the two. I see FF winning this game.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

formerfcfan wrote:
redskinwitness wrote:Lakewood did beat Amanda but this is not Amanda of ten years ago.
Amanda beat Meigs.
And Meigs both wins come from 0-3 schools, one being an only 6 point win against a ridiculously young and struggling Logan team.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Stan_Marsh wrote:
formerfcfan wrote:
Amanda beat Meigs.
And Meigs both wins come from 0-3 schools, one being an only 6 point win against a ridiculously young and struggling Logan team.
Right, but they're a middle sized school with wins.

WCH and Lakewood have struggled in previous years, yeah, but nothing indicates they're struggling this year. Plus, the definition of "struggling" is relative. You could put WCH and Lakewood in the PVC, TVC-Hocking, OVC, and in the case of WCH the SVC and they'd do just fine.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

^^thats a fair enough point. As of right now Lakewood and WCH have taken care of business that's very true

Return to “Football”