South Gallia @ River Valley Jamboree Aug. 15

madpolecat
All State

Re: South Gallia @ River Valley Jamboree Aug. 15

Post by madpolecat »

Can somebody e-mail me some info purchasing a sponsor brick?

coachdanpolcyn@aol.com

Thanks.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

There is a committee called "Gridiron for Gallia" which is set up to head the process. There are people from both RV and SG working on it. They have started selling Bricks that will be installed in the walkway of the entrances to the new facilities. The cost for the bricks are as follows:

1 4 x 8 Brick @$150 or 2 4 x 8 brick for $275
1 8 x 8 brick @$275

You can purchase a brick for either school or for both schools.

Just a little more information

Orders will be accepted until all spaces are filled

You will receive a receipt letter confirming your contribution and tax deductibility.

For each brick, print your inscription in upper case letters, exactly as it should appear on your brick. Maximum of 18 characters, including spaces and punctuation, per line. Text wil be centered on brick.

Gridiron for Gallia reserves the right to review all text for appropriateness.

Mail form and payment (made payable to Gridiron for Gallia) to: Gallia County Local Schools, 230 Shawnee Lane, Gallipolis, Ohio 45631 Attention: Gridiron for Gallia Brick Campaign

Make sure you mark which school you are buying the brick for!

Maybe this can help some!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Should be a good turn out for this one!!!

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I am going to try to make this one!!!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I am going to try and make it also.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I think its in the job descriptio mtswngrvsg! I say the Raiders take this one. I know they are far from a storied program, but I think they still have better athletes on the field. Should be a good pre-season smash though.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I wish luck to both teams, River Valley is really one of those teams you really wanna see succeed, they seem like have been of establishing something, but for some reason can't pull it together. Any one know how manys seniors/returning starters? And as far South Gallia they should be in playoff contention this year

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

I may be wrong ? but they lost 11 SR from last season, I think they lost there backfield other than McAvena he should be there go to back, They lost both Deels, 7 juniors returning this season.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Who will be the QB for River Valley this year? Deel was good, he was just small. RV just hasn't been a very physical football team compared with other OVC teams. They just get man-handled up front.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

fuzzhead wrote:Who will be the QB for River Valley this year? Deel was good, he was just small. RV just hasn't been a very physical football team compared with other OVC teams. They just get man-handled up front.

jordan deel 6'3/6'4 190
zak deel 6'4 260

neither of them small

qb last 2 yr clayton curnutt 5'10 150

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

That's my bad; I had the right kid in mind, just the wrong last name. . . :oops:

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Aug 15

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Count down is on should be a big turn out!!! 7:00 start at RV.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

Less than a week away.

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

We are certainly being careful about dancing around the root of the matter. This is the most important meeting either team will have all season and perhaps to date for the history of the schools. This "scrimmage" controls the bragging rights for the entire county system that both schools have wanted for years.

SG has always wanted this opportunity to legitimize themselves in the eyes of the district and now they have it. RV had better be on their toes because SG will come to play. We have a history of taking these sorts of things lightly. Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to attend. Just like every other person involved, I would love to be there, win or lose, because it is historic and may never be allowed to happen again.

I have worked the chain gang for several years and watched dozens of games from the opposing team's huddle and have found that typically you see your hardest hitting in JV games, particularly in the secondary, because they are hunting for a job in the big show. I suspect this game will be similar with reputations and boasting rights at stake. They will have trouble holding them down on the field. I think both teams will come for the hunt.
Last edited by sandman on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Excellent post sandman!!! Everything you just wrote is the truth. These young men will be playing this "scrimmage" like it's the playoffs. I have heard one LOUSY rumor about this jamboree though. I've been told by multiple sources that Charla Evans has sent her word that neither team had better win by more than 2 scores. If this is true, it's the most absurd thing I have ever heard in my life!!! Let 'em play. Gallia County has been waiting for this game for over 10 years. I also heard that there is a good chance the South End Zone crew will be setting up for this!!!! :122245 :122245 :122245

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

I look for this to be a fight. This will probably be one of the hardest hitting games of the year for either team. I have a feeling both teams will bring it. I have talked to a few SG players and they are ready to go and would play right now if they could. If the South Endzone makes the trip to Cheshire you know where you can find me pre-game.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Should be a good one.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

We have to remember that these boys have to be as fresh as possible for the season. I know it is exciting, but the coaches must hold their players back a little.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good luck to both teams and I hope no one gets hurt!!!!!

Return to “Football”