Warren @ Belpre - Week 1

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Re: Warren @ Belpre - Week 1

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

You wouldn't be an Eagle fan if you weren't!

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

Warriors 28
Belpre 14

Jake
Waterboy

Post by Jake »

I think it is going to be a lot closer than people expect. Belpre will have to lean heavy on their defense like they did two years ago, in all of their games. Does anyone know the status of Ullman and his shoulder.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Saw a post above the both teams were hoping for a .500 season???? Being 500 is like frenching kissing your sister. Well we didn't have a losing season, but we didn't have a winning season, big whoop. I would sincerely hope that both squads are looking for better. Warren is capable of better and I would expect the staff has already pointed this out to the team.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

I expect nothing less than atleast 6-4 season from Warren this year. I know the drought of success and winning records from seasons past would make a winning season skeptical. However the talent, experience and coaching is there. Have high expectations and execute one week at at time. Week 1 - Warren 28, Belpre 7

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

The Warren-Belpre game will be on WTAP @ 11:30p Friday.

eagledad
Freshman Team

Post by eagledad »

i don't think belpre can match warren score for score, especially with the early season absences due to injury and grades. belpre must play solid defense, create turnovers and win the field position game. they must also take advantage of any mistakes the warriors may make; blown coverages, missed tackles, penalties, etc. yes, this is the recipe for an underdog. yes, i think belpre is the underdog in this one. we've all heard how the eagles have struggled in the preseason, and how warren has looked very solid. as lee corso would say, "not so fast my friend". as a fan and supporter of this program, i'm forever an optimist. i think belpre can ride the momentum of opening night at home against their old rival. i also think these kids have a tremendous amount of heart, and sometimes that can be enough to pull you through. hope both teams stay injury free and go eagles!!!!

belpre 17
warren 14

bankshot
Freshman Team

Post by bankshot »

i look to see the warriors come out on fire but simmer off throughout the game...i think expierence and depth will win this one for the warriors... warren 28 belpre 14

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

I saw the Warren players at the picnic the other night. This is the biggest Warrior team both physically and in numbers in years. With the troubles Belpre is having with injuries and academics I see Warren taking care of business and getting an opening night "W".

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

from the seoal i am hoping warran will come on top but it should be a good game and hope they dont get tired when the 2nd half comes around. i say warran wins 28-21

redeagle
Riding the Bench

Post by redeagle »

Belpre's defense will show up come game time.

Belpre 27
Warren 21

orange and black
Freshman Team

Post by orange and black »

Don't count on Warren to blow out Belpre. The past couple games have been close and Belpre is capable of pulling off an upset. They did it against a LOADED Williamstown team and a very good NY team when numbers were low. The seniors for Belpre have yet to beat Warren in their High
school career, and are hungry for a win.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Belpre without Tate,Ullman,and Watkins will get destroyed.This game will be over at halftime.

Warren 42
Belpre 6

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

I wish I could be as optimistic as the rest of you Belpre fans, but to compare this team with the team that upset Williamstown, even if all the starters could play isn't realistic. No one wants a win over Warren more than me, but for that to happen, the big guys on the offensive and def. line are going have to do a lot better than they have in the preseason. Carr, Brannon,Barret, Dixon, Wiggers,Meriwether, Kerps and Wallace are more than capable if they play their best. So I'm challanging you guys to step up and beat these Warriors.
Go Eagles! Prove me wrong.
Last edited by gpgm6566 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jake
Waterboy

Post by Jake »

I agree gpgm6566, this team is nothing compared to the team that beat Williamstown 2 years ago. That team was stacked on defense. This years team is missing some key players on defense that were on that team from last year, expecially Packard. That defense was amazing. The offense wasnt that great but they scored enough points to win and thats all that matters. The defense needs to be tough and the offense needs to score some points. They cant rely on there defense this year like they did two years ago.

belpreboy92
Freshman Team

Post by belpreboy92 »

This will be a good game. Watkins will be starting a QB. All the key players on offense are Juniors (Waderker, Watkins,Miller) with the exception of Brannon. This could be an ugly loss for Belpre or a close win.

Jake
Waterboy

Post by Jake »

I really think that Warren is going to come out on top at the end of this by a lot.

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

orange and black wrote: They did it against a LOADED Williamstown team.

West Virginia athletics :lol: :lol:

Jake
Waterboy

Post by Jake »

This years team still doesnt compare to that team that beat Williamstown. And yes West Virginia athletics is way overrated. every team makes it to state every year.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I want Belpre to win ,but I think the Warriors have too many horses this year .

Return to “Football”