Week 10: Southern (2-7, 2-5) vs. Eastern (2-7, 2-5)

Heavy D
All Conference

Re: Week 10: Southern (2-7, 2-5) vs. Eastern (2-7, 2-5)

Post by Heavy D »

jiveturkey wrote:Is that the new TVC alignment with Southern, Eastern, Miller, South Gallia, and waterford?
It is. I have heard they may let one of the worst teams in WV history in with those teams.

Vladd
Freshman Team

Post by Vladd »

Heavy D wrote:Worst Football Conference In Ohio.
Heavy D, I agree to some of your statement, but to the Teams playing each, it doesn't matter to them. No season game 11 for the Teams playing, but a lot of community pride and bragging rights are at stake. They may not be powers in Football year in and year out, but to the players from each of these Teams, this game means as much to them as any power house team with perfect records.

I have no dog in this fight. But I have a lot of admiration for all the Coaches and Players for sticking to it week in and week, no matter what their skill levels or season record. To the cheerleaders, Band members, Parents and Fans, they don't care about how good or bad their Conference may or may not be, they are there to support the their players and schools, no matter what League they play in. Good luck to both teams and hoping for a injury free game. Wish nothing but the best for the seniors playing there last game of their carreers tonight, and whatever you do after High School.

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

Game day, GO TORNADOES!

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Well, Southern drops one again. Supposedly these were "identical" teams, but sure didn't look that way tonight.

It just seems like Eastern just wants it more when it comes down to it.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Could you share a score?

Storm Chaser
Riding the Bench

Post by Storm Chaser »

I doubt anyone stayed until the end LOL
Southern just didn't show any spirit or discipline. It's pretty sad if you can't get fired up on senior night, at home, vs. your top rival. :(
Just like OU in the old days, stay until halftime, listen to the band then leave LOL

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

27-8. Southern scored with about 5 seconds left

Shazbot
Freshman Team

Post by Shazbot »

Rather than post about the game, I'm going to comment on Eastern's season in general.

This was not the same team 10 games into the season as they were going in to game 1. Eastern graduated a lot of kids last year from a team that went 7-3. The coach was hired late. The numbers weren't especially high and and the team was especially young. As in all teams, injuries play a big part and Eastern wasn't spared there. There were a few discipline issues that needed dealt with. There were times early in the season when it was almost painful to watch. Sometimes Eastern had trouble getting the play in or even players on the field. I remember one week where the coach had to step away from the game to fix a helmet. Through all of the issues though, every week they improved. The team that took the field in week ten didn't resemble the team in week one in any way. They were crisp and well prepared. My hat goes off to the coaches and players.

This is a good young coaching staff and I hope they choose to come back.

Players, work hard in the off season. I'm looking forward to see what you bring next year.

YoDuh
Riding the Bench

Post by YoDuh »

Shazbot wrote:Rather than post about the game, I'm going to comment on Eastern's season in general.

This was not the same team 10 games into the season as they were going in to game 1. Eastern graduated a lot of kids last year from a team that went 7-3. The coach was hired late. The numbers weren't especially high and and the team was especially young. As in all teams, injuries play a big part and Eastern wasn't spared there. There were a few discipline issues that needed dealt with. There were times early in the season when it was almost painful to watch. Sometimes Eastern had trouble getting the play in or even players on the field. I remember one week where the coach had to step away from the game to fix a helmet. Through all of the issues though, every week they improved. The team that took the field in week ten didn't resemble the team in week one in any way. They were crisp and well prepared. My hat goes off to the coaches and players.

This is a good young coaching staff and I hope they choose to come back.

Players, work hard in the off season. I'm looking forward to see what you bring next year.
Your support is greatly appreciated, of that I'm sure.
This debacle of a season however, is seen in a different light by many.
It's a fitting culmination of a long standing and disharmonious style of Athletics' Administration at Eastern Local.
Staffing and scheduling decisions were made in haste as a result of procrastination and mean spirited disinterest in the FB program that is Eastern's "elephant in the room".
A young inexperienced staff making brash and disrespectful public statements about the program's past practices was a good indicator something like this was coming. Talented and eager athletes sustaining multiple injuries because they were doing exactly what they were told to do before they were physically ready was another sign. The repeated discipline issues speak volumes in terms of what the community got for it's leadership money this year from the Staff & Admin.
It's truly sad when you think about the quality of coaching they've had recently in FB & BB (working for nearly nothing), AND HOW LITTLE EFFORT IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN TO KEEP THEM AROUND.

At any rate, great effort last night guys; nice finish.

YoDuh
Riding the Bench

Post by YoDuh »

Hey Paladin_II,
Eastern schedules up (Canton CC)! Bwaa Ha Ha!

Return to “Football”